Worried about my poor Academic Integrity record

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Re: Worried about my poor Academic Integrity record

Postby meathead1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

I assure you, despite the fact that someone at the university told you that it would be removed from your file, it won't. Additionally, how do you think you're going to account for the time you spent at university if you don't include it on your resume???

I will echo what everyone else has been saying. Find another line of work. Policing is not for you. You lack integrity and have questionable ethics. I can speak for everyone on here and say that no one wants to work with someone like you. There are enough shitheads on the job already.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Ottawan
Veteran Member

Postby Ottawan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:09 am

Edit
Last edited by Ottawan on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:39 am

Wow. Just wow. The question should not be how can I hide this, but can I, with enough time, overcome these poor decisions.

I say poor decisions because they were not mistakes. These actions were done with intent.
K division.

ice512
Rookie Member

Postby ice512 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but on the PBQ the FIRST question is "have you ever been disciplined/reprehended by anyone for any reason at any previous workplace/school".

Just because it's wiped clean doesn't mean it DID NOT happen.

Your best bet would be to disclose it, then explain what you have learned and what you have done to overcome this mistake, and show examples.

K-B

Postby K-B » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 am

I would hate to see what you would do if you got stressed and 'fell off the wagon " if you got the job! :dubious:
This job is unique in that integrity means everything... Court would be a nightmare if you had to explain that to a judge after a defence lawyer found out.

Redfields Apprentice
Seasoned Member

Postby Redfields Apprentice » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Wow. This thread is gold. I gotta come on the public side more often...

Life was tough so i cheated. (got caught)
Life was still tough, i cheated again even though i knew what would happen; got caught again.

OPC is pretty gruelling. 3.5 months, physically and mentally difficult. You going to cheat there too? A service will spend what i would guess $20,000 in your recruitment, outfitting and training. They will then front you 7,500 for OPC; hoping you will pass; pass your probationary period and serve your community for many years.

Think they will hazard a risk on you? A cheater? A liar?

When life gets tough you going to take short cuts again? Take a little bit of drug money? Little bit of extortion perhaps to make ends meet? Cheat on your promotionals?
Meathead1 wrote:Now go pay your ticket you fucking bag of dicks
A.T.R. wrote: I'll be blunt.

You're a fucking retard.

Please feel free to take a sample from the bowl of dicks on the way out.

cityblue
Veteran Member

Postby cityblue » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 pm

ice512 wrote:Your best bet would be to disclose it, then explain what you have learned and what you have done to overcome this mistake, and show examples.

Exactly - I admitted to having copied assignments in my first year of university. It wasn't a big deal and I got through after I explained why I did it and why I stopped doing it. If the service expects someone 100% perfect, good luck with that. Every applicant is going to have mistakes - just be honest and take ownership for them.

noob01
Rookie Member

Postby noob01 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 pm

rufuswins wrote:I came on this forum to genuinely seek advice and knowledge from anyone who can offer it. Not to be critiqued and scrutinized. Thank you for that. Good luck to you.

To be completely honest, what did you think would happen? You come into a forum full of applicants trying to get a job and mention that you will be less than honest with your application.
KCCO

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Loser.

Take a sample from the bowl of dicks on your way out.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

Redfields Apprentice
Seasoned Member

Postby Redfields Apprentice » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:26 am

^^ it was only a matter of time before someone was offered a sample. Gotta help out my thread in the PO section. Needs a boost with some pics as it's failing miserably lol
Meathead1 wrote:Now go pay your ticket you fucking bag of dicks
A.T.R. wrote: I'll be blunt.

You're a fucking retard.

Please feel free to take a sample from the bowl of dicks on the way out.