Vision Correction Surgery

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Irfanali Gulamhusein
Rookie Member

Vision Correction Surgery

Postby Irfanali Gulamhusein » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:49 pm

I had planned to get my ATS done this summer, but have been hindered due to my uncorrected vision prescription being above the requirements.

I am now in the process of getting consultation for LASIK and PRK surgery.

I was just curious to hear if there are any applicants or current officers that have undergone vision correction surgery, where did you go to receive the surgery and how was the outcome/process?

kelliehorn
Rookie Member

Re: Vision Correction Surgery

Postby kelliehorn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 am

My husband is currently in the process of applying to the RCMP. He has taken his tests and submitted his application. His next step is to have an interview with x-RCMP.
He had PRK surgery last week and was told by the recruiter that it shouldn't be a problem with his application. He put a note in with his last vision test that stated he would be getting the surgery. The recruiter told him that they will test his vision again during the application process.
Good luck with everything, and hope that it all goes well for you.
-Kellie

otwobjj
Rookie Member

Postby otwobjj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:24 am

PRK wavefront at Lasik MD Mississauga branch.

PRK unlike lasik takes a lot longer to recover from and is a bit more painful. Different people react to it differently, my friend did PRK and was okay 2 days later; when I did mine, I camped out in the darkest room of the house for 4 days making sure there is no way I'll be exposed to any light...

I am more than a year later and I am better than 20/20 in both eyes still, I also get to redo it for free should it ever go back worse than 20/30 I believe...

cost quiet a bit but I would diff do it again.

Aunger85
Rookie Member

Postby Aunger85 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:41 pm

King Lasik for me and I chose the Intralase procedure. I was a hair off of getting 20/15 vision and it was the best decision of my life. My big tip to anyone considering lasik would be to ask the surgeon how many procedure that he/she has done personally. My surgeon had done over 80,000 procedures himself which made me feel far more relaxed with the whole operation.
RCMP
KCCO

Snow_Man
Rookie Member

Postby Snow_Man » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Aunger85 wrote:King Lasik for me and I chose the Intralase procedure. I was a hair off of getting 20/15 vision and it was the best decision of my life. My big tip to anyone considering lasik would be to ask the surgeon how many procedure that he/she has done personally. My surgeon had done over 80,000 procedures himself which made me feel far more relaxed with the whole operation.

I was going to get this procedure done this summer, but the practice I went to the surgeon was still in training and only done 12 surgeries before me!!! Needless to say I went to another place…

MR.PF07
Rookie Member

Postby MR.PF07 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

otwobjj wrote:PRK wavefront at Lasik MD Mississauga branch.

PRK unlike lasik takes a lot longer to recover from and is a bit more painful. Different people react to it differently, my friend did PRK and was okay 2 days later; when I did mine, I camped out in the darkest room of the house for 4 days making sure there is no way I'll be exposed to any light...

I am more than a year later and I am better than 20/20 in both eyes still, I also get to redo it for free should it ever go back worse than 20/30 I believe...

cost quiet a bit but I would diff do it again.

I couldn't go out in the daytime for a month after PRK.

6 years later my eyes still water a bit on really sunny days if I don't have sunglasses on.

Better than 20/20 vision though and no night issues.

I went to LasikMD as well.

cjrs
Rookie Member

Postby cjrs » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I had LASIK done in 2006 (four years prior to applying for a Police service) at a place that had since been remodeled in to a LasikMD. Had one eye's vision drop slightly, went in for a free "touch up,"......never had a problem after that.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone. Seven years later and still 20/20. I have a bit of a "halo," effect around light sources at night but it's barely noticeable.

Redfields Apprentice
Seasoned Member

Postby Redfields Apprentice » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Meathead1 wrote:Now go pay your ticket you fucking bag of dicks
A.T.R. wrote: I'll be blunt.

You're a fucking retard.

Please feel free to take a sample from the bowl of dicks on the way out.