Private Messages

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Private Messages

Postby basketcase » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 am

I know the feature is there, which is cool. But how about putting a general post out there to see if somebody wants to read your resume and offer advice? Or how about reading all of the threads that talk about how your resume means nothing if it's not in the hands of a recruiter? Just because you send it as a PM doesn't mean the answer is going to change. To be honest, it just gets deleted without an answer because of that. Most of us aren't recruiters. We know a little bit about the process and the numbers our agencies want to hire, but that's about it. Most of us don't care to read through what many have already posted in the past and been told to "Apply and find out".

End Rant. :cuss:
OFFICER OF THE LAW

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Re: Private Messages

Postby SupahDuck » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 am

basketcase wrote:I know the feature is there, which is cool. But how about putting a general post out there to see if somebody wants to read your resume and offer advice? Or how about reading all of the threads that talk about how your resume means nothing if it's not in the hands of a recruiter? Just because you send it as a PM doesn't mean the answer is going to change. To be honest, it just gets deleted without an answer because of that. Most of us aren't recruiters. We know a little bit about the process and the numbers our agencies want to hire, but that's about it. Most of us don't care to read through what many have already posted in the past and been told to "Apply and find out".

This. :thumbsup:
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

el_prez
Grand Poobah

Postby el_prez » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 pm

basketcase wrote:I know the feature is there, which is cool. But how about putting a general post out there to see if somebody wants to read your resume and offer advice? Or how about reading all of the threads that talk about how your resume means nothing if it's not in the hands of a recruiter? Just because you send it as a PM doesn't mean the answer is going to change. To be honest, it just gets deleted without an answer because of that. Most of us aren't recruiters. We know a little bit about the process and the numbers our agencies want to hire, but that's about it. Most of us don't care to read through what many have already posted in the past and been told to "Apply and find out".

Maybe we should just blow sunshine up everyone's ass on here so that we don't get these anymore?
"Did someone dial 9-1-holysh*t?!"

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:55 pm

el_prez wrote:

Maybe we should just blow sunshine up everyone's ass on here so that we don't get these anymore?

OH, I could use some sunshine. PM inbound :thumbsup:

Sk82
Veteran Member

Postby Sk82 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:19 pm

I feel like I'm missing out. No one ever PM's me resumes. I could have a lot of fun with that. I should change my user name to Soon2BRecruiter and watch my inbox fill!
Police Constable

el_prez
Grand Poobah

Postby el_prez » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Sk82 wrote:I feel like I'm missing out. No one ever PM's me resumes. I could have a lot of fun with that. I should change my user name to Soon2BRecruiter and watch my inbox fill!

That's because your picture makes you look like a bike cop. If I need advice on getting sweet calf muscles, I'll send a PM your way. :D
"Did someone dial 9-1-holysh*t?!"

Whistler22
Seasoned Member

Postby Whistler22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm

el_prez wrote:
Sk82 wrote:I feel like I'm missing out. No one ever PM's me resumes. I could have a lot of fun with that. I should change my user name to Soon2BRecruiter and watch my inbox fill!

That's because your picture makes you look like a bike cop. If I need advice on getting sweet calf muscles, I'll send a PM your way. :D

http://men.webmd.com/features/biking-an ... -real-risk

dira necessitas
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby dira necessitas » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Just add "police constable" or something to your sig line and I'm sure you will get a few.
I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but let's take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Waterman
Rookie Member

Postby Waterman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Whistler22 wrote:http://men.webmd.com/features/biking-and-erectile-dysfunction-a-real-risk

:lol: :lol: I'm dying right now!! Very well played :bow:

Sk82
Veteran Member

Postby Sk82 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Whistler22 wrote:
el_prez wrote:

http://men.webmd.com/features/biking-an ... -real-risk

Vacancy: 1 bike unit officer
Police Constable

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Bump......

Just to remind people that I'm still not a recruiter and I still don't have the answers to your questions. Use the forums. There's this feature called Search. You can even Advanced search if you think you might know the author. If you've taken the time to follow my posts and know who I work for, you'll also know that I don't work in recruiting and don't want PM's asking about resumes or what my organization is looking for. The threads have all of the answers. Which basically are "Apply and find out".
OFFICER OF THE LAW

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 am

Last edited by mack_silent on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

TheCanadian
Veteran Member

Postby TheCanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:01 am

basketcase wrote:Bump......

Just to remind people that I'm still not a recruiter and I still don't have the answers to your questions. Use the forums. There's this feature called Search. You can even Advanced search if you think you might know the author. If you've taken the time to follow my posts and know who I work for, you'll also know that I don't work in recruiting and don't want PM's asking about resumes or what my organization is looking for. The threads have all of the answers. Which basically are "Apply and find out".

I have a feeling they think they are PMing your avatar. Unless it really is one of those "selfies" in which case bravo

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:20 am

I am tired of getting private messages asking question which have been answered here dozens of times.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.