DRPS, OPP and RCMP Women's Recruiting Event

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Lights
Seasoned Member

Re: DRPS, OPP and RCMP Women's Recruiting Event

Postby Lights » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

opp2 wrote:WTH?

honouroverall really is not a fitting name for you:

Definition of honour

noun

1 [mass noun] high respect; great esteem: his portrait hangs in the place of honour

[in singular] a person or thing that brings esteem: you are an honour to our profession

(His, Your, etc. Honour) a title of respect or form of address given to a circuit judge, a US mayor, and (in Irish or rustic speech) any person of rank.

2 the quality of knowing and doing what is morally right: I must as a matter of honour avoid any taint of dishonesty

dated a woman’s chastity or her reputation for being chaste: she died defending her honour
3 something regarded as a rare opportunity and bringing pride and pleasure; a privilege: Mrs Young had the honour of being received by the Queen

a thing conferred as a distinction, especially an official award for bravery or achievement: the highest military honours
(honours) a special distinction for proficiency in an examination: she passed with honours

(honours) a course of degree studies more specialized than for an ordinary pass: [as modifier]: an honours degree in mathematics
Golf the right of driving off first, having won the previous hole: Kyle had the honour at the last hole
verb
[with object]
1regard with great respect: Joyce has now learned to honour her father’s memory (as adjective honoured) an honoured guest
pay public respect to: talented writers were honoured at a special ceremony

2 fulfil (an obligation) or keep (an agreement): make sure the franchisees honour the terms of the contract
accept (a bill) or pay (a cheque) when due: the bank informed him that the cheque would not be honoured

You're more of an

idiotinthecrowd

id·i·ot /ˈidēət/
Noun

1.A stupid person.
2.A mentally handicapped person.

Synonyms
fool - imbecile - blockhead - dunce - nitwit - dolt

You should leave or stop posting before you really say something that will get you deferred forever.

Well put lol
“No matter what happens, I simply refuse to lose. To me, it’s really that simple.

I approach anything thought to be difficult with an attitude of “I’ll do this or die trying.” U.S NAVY SEAL.

POLICE OFFICER

honouroverall
Rookie Member

Postby honouroverall » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 am

*Edit
Last edited by honouroverall on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A sword must bend or it will break

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 am

I can't tell if he's trolling us or just really immature...
Last edited by goaliegibson on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

Stupid for $400 Alex.
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 am

honouroverall wrote:You're right... I wouldn't want to get "deferred forever" for a completely illogical statement like if 3 police services are simultaneously hosting a recruiting event for women it would seem that its easier for women to get into policing right now. :roll: Really though, I love your train of though: Get offended by a harmless post, commence personally attacking poster or poster's username. How many times do I have to say it, relax!

But it doesn't mean it is easier. It means they need more female applicants to hire from.
K division.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:40 pm

You're right... I wouldn't want to get "deferred forever" for a completely illogical statement like if 3 police services are simultaneously hosting a recruiting event for women it would seem that its easier for women to get into policing right now. :roll: Really though, I love your train of though: Get offended by a harmless post, commence personally attacking poster or poster's username. How many times do I have to say it, relax!

How about just stop talking? Stop back peddling, stop trying to defend you're poorly worded comment, just stop.

Its not easier to get in as a female. The events are created to open the profession up to women who may not understand the process, the job, etc. Its there to answer questions about the testing and how to prepare. Going to one of these events doesn't mean you're hired.

As for it being "easier" for women to get hired....comparable to 1960 it is, seeing how women are now allowed to serve as police officers. So in that regard...its easier.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Last edited by mack_silent on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

honouroverall
Rookie Member

Postby honouroverall » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:42 pm

*Edit
Last edited by honouroverall on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A sword must bend or it will break

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Good thing some people seem to think LE includes security at a construction site. Those who make comments and come back to backpedal by saying "I'm NOT this or I'm NOT that" generally ARE.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 pm

basketcase wrote:Good thing some people seem to think LE includes security at a construction site. Those who make comments and come back to backpedal by saying "I'm NOT this or I'm NOT that" generally ARE.

Rules of life.

Say I'm not a... - typically you are.
Say No offense... I intend to offend
Say I don't care what you think - you are desperate to know what I think.
K division.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:56 pm

I will stop backpedaling. All I want to clear up is that I'm not trying to discredit ANY women who are on the force. I am NOT sexist, I was merely attempting at some humor, and apparently it wasn't very tasteful. I apologize. I understand that any female applicant has to go through the exact same hiring process. I'm definitely not a troll, I love the amount of information I can find in these forums, and I enjoy exchanging relevant info regarding law enforcement. To be in LE is my dream, so I will take everything said into consideration. Thank you for not personally attacking me and offering advice!

Here's more advice. Your opinions and attitudes on issues will change as you age, your life experience broadens, etc. As such, what you say now may not be representative of your beliefs in a few years. The reason I mention this is for one simple reason...what you say here can't be undone. You may not be in the process now, or in a year from now, but 5 years down the line you may be and these posts may haunt you. No matter how much distance and life experience you've put between them. You can delete like a mad fiend, but people have quoted you so they are there for the world to see.

You need to take a step back, take a breath and look at your posts before you hit "submit". Just as an officer on the street has to when dealing with situations, they have to think about the ramifications of their actions and how said actions may be viewed by a varied audience, you have to do the same with posts. You can mean it one way, but, unfortunately, it can be read a totally different way.

Policing/LE is a small world and you may not realize who frequents this site or who people on this site know and LE LOVES to talk. Just keep that in mind. "Foot in mouth" disease takes on a whole new dimension in the internet age.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:03 pm

devilwoman wrote:Just keep that in mind. "Foot in mouth" disease takes on a whole new dimension in the internet age.

This needs to be remembered at all times. On facebook, on forums, on twitter and in life. You never know who has a camera. Youtube is just a click away.
K division.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Perfect example on Twitter is the OHL referee who was just suspended for the rest of the year because of comments made about Sault Ste Marie. His OHL career is probably done now.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

I read a clip that a ref was in hot water. What did he say?
K division.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Something along the lines of women in Sault Ste Marie being slim picking or something like that. Can't quote it but I could if I looked for it. Thought he was posting to a buddy but posted for the whole world to see.
OFFICER OF THE LAW