Western Canadian Military Police Reserve Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Re: Western Canadian Military Police Reserve Recruiting

Postby RedcapCrusader » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:44 am

jcroteau12 wrote:Can someone join the Reserve MP's but parade with another unit?

There doesn't appear to be any opportunity for reserve MP's in the BC interior.

That is not possible.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:24 pm

did my medical today...everything seems to be done now ...just waiiiiiiiiting lol
CPPS

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:54 pm

UPDATE

I know summer is almost over, but just in case anyone was wondering why they can't get a response from Reserve MP units or Recruiting Centres...

The CFRC prioritize Direct Entry, ROTP, and other special enrolment plans over Reserve applicants during the summer.

Reserve Unit staff are generally limited to only a few days a week at the unit to answer email and phone calls due to renewal of contracts. The summer months are also when many Reserve members are away on exercises or training.

We are not intentionally ignoring you, it's just limited time, and limited staff.

Please be patient with us, once September rolls around things will pick up again.

If you are interested, still let us know and keep in touch!

jcroteau12
Rookie Member

Postby jcroteau12 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:20 pm

RedcapCrusader wrote:
jcroteau12 wrote:Can someone join the Reserve MP's but parade with another unit?

There doesn't appear to be any opportunity for reserve MP's in the BC interior.

That is not possible.

Thanks for the reply. I know of Med Techs that parade with units in the Interior but are attached to their field ambulance unit down on the coast and parade there once a month.

Couldn't this be done as well for MP?

YYJ
Rookie Member

Postby YYJ » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:03 pm

No. There are some occupations that can be supported by units other than their own occupation. MP is not among those.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:06 am

sworn in a month ago...I truly love it out here good people and very knowledgeable for that matter. lots of law enforcement experience around here.
1 MP Regiment 14 MP Platoon Res.
CPPS

fatboy
Rookie Member

Postby fatboy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Now that I live in central alberta rather than the far north, I plan on exploring this opportunity. This is a great thread, thanks guys.

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

15 MP Coy (Western Canadian Military Police Reserve) is anticipating an increased operational tempo and will begin recruiting accordingly. We are looking for applicants in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver.

*** At this time MPAC is not required

We are submitting names for the Regular Force Military Police Qualification Course - submission of the names comes from a cadre of already trained MP reservists. Expect to be enrolled and fully trained as a Res MP before submitting your name for Reg Force course.

1 MP Regt expects to deploy reservists in a variety of capacities of the the next 5 years.

Please contact me at jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca if you are interested. I also invite you to add to this conversation by way questions.

Thanks!

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Primary Reserve Military Police is now accepting Sworn RCMP members. Until recently RCMP Policy stated that their sworn members could not conduct MP Duties. In consultation with the Military Police Branch and with the blessing of the RCMP, Sworn Mbrs can now be members of the Reserve Military Police. Pls contact me if you are interested. Jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca

Lots of opportunity in the MP Branch that is different from the RCMP. Ie: High Risk Close Protection, non- United Nations overseas deployment (ie NATO) training and courses offered nationally and internationally.

We currently have Sworn RCMP Members, Sworn Police Officers, and a host of other Law Enforcement Officers who are Reserve MP and find gratification being in both arenas.

Questions to me. Thanks :)

paccx
Rookie Member

Postby paccx » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

=

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello,

Reserve Military Police in Edmonton is looking for NCO applicants. Feel free to send me a PM for further details.

Thanks

Jason