Western Canadian Military Police Reserve Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
YYJ
Rookie Member

Re: Western Canadian Military Police Reserve Recruiting

Postby YYJ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:53 pm

The Military Police Assessment Centre is now not part of the recruiting process for part-time (Reserve) Military Police applicants. What does this mean to potential recruits? In short a faster recruiting process. This is good news.

For all full-time (Regular Force) Military Police applicants and current members of the Reserve (part-time) force looking to get their law enforcement credentials the assessment centre is still in place.

This information is retroactive to April 1st.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 pm

just got informed on the new policy...no more MPAC for reservists...means things will be rolling fast!!! good news for us!!!
references got called today...so pumped!!!
CPPS

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Mon May 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Anyone still interested in joining in the Calgary Area, feel free to send me a message and I can get you rolling.

We're always looking for more members (females, don't be scared either, we have 2 right now we'd like more!).

Even if as a Reservist you may not be engaged in policing duties right away (or at all, if that's your choice) there is an abundance of opportunities!

MapleKoolAid
Rookie Member

Postby MapleKoolAid » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:16 am

YYJ wrote:The Military Police Assessment Centre is now not part of the recruiting process for part-time (Reserve) Military Police applicants. What does this mean to potential recruits? In short a faster recruiting process. This is good news.

For all full-time (Regular Force) Military Police applicants and current members of the Reserve (part-time) force looking to get their law enforcement credentials the assessment centre is still in place.

I still had to do the MPAC (for reserves), went through it in mid Feb. Just got sworn in last week!

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:30 am

MapleKoolAid wrote:
YYJ wrote:The Military Police Assessment Centre is now not part of the recruiting process for part-time (Reserve) Military Police applicants. What does this mean to potential recruits? In short a faster recruiting process. This is good news.

I still had to do the MPAC (for reserves), went through it in mid Feb. Just got sworn in last week!
CPPS

ayman
Rookie Member

Postby ayman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:28 pm

hello i am a 20 year old male and have just applied to the Canadian army looking to join the military police, I have just graduated and got a college diploma from a customs border service course in ontario, just looking to get some insite on the processes and any idea how long it takes to actually get in.
Competition#: 98469/105586
Applied: November 18, 2016
FITCO: February 25, 2017 (Passed)
Written: March 23, 2017 (Passed)
Security Mailed: May 19, 2017
Interview: May 2, 2017
Security Returned: July 20, 2017
Offer: July 21, 2017
COTA: August 14, 2017

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:27 pm

MapleKoolAid wrote:

The directive became effective after March 31st, that is why you still had to go through it.

For those in Calgary Area, still entertaining recruitment requests, not pushing an agenda, but we have 2 females and would like to bolster that demographic if possible. We'll take any qualified candidate regardless.

ayman wrote:hello i am a 20 year old male and have just applied to the Canadian army looking to join the military police, I have just graduated and got a college diploma from a customs border service course in ontario, just looking to get some insite on the processes and any idea how long it takes to actually get in.

Depends on whether you're looking for Reserve Force (Part Time) Service or Regular Force (Full Time) Service.

Average is about 6 months total processing time.

A Diploma in Border Security and Customs may not qualify you for the required entry to the Regular Force.
Last edited by RedcapCrusader on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:23 am

awaiting medical appoinment the rest is donezo!!!! very smooth and quick process for me!!!
CPPS

streetsweepr
Rookie Member

Postby streetsweepr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:43 pm

I'm in BC and am contemplating putting in an application for military police. I was in the infantry reserves from 2007-2011.

Are there any reserve MP units in BC?

If I go reg force, you can be assigned to any base correct? Even a base like aldergrove?

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:25 am

streetsweepr wrote:I'm in BC and am contemplating putting in an application for military police. I was in the infantry reserves from 2007-2011.

Are there any reserve MP units in BC?

If I go reg force, you can be assigned to any base correct? Even a base like aldergrove?

Aldergrove is serviced by the remnants of the Chilliwack Detachment which is sourced from CFB Esquimalt.

If you were Reg Force and get posted to Esquimalt, you could be asked to work out of Chilliwack. Otherwise, yes, you can be posted to any CFB in the country.

As for Reserve MP units, there is a Richmond Platoon and a Victoria Platoon.

eternaltuna
Rookie Member

Postby eternaltuna » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:42 pm

First of all I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their valuable information. I have been a long time follower here but this is my first post. So I apologize for any mistakes or if i am asking a same question.
I am currently a Bachelor of Arts student. Have completed 3 years and going into my 4th. I was wondering if i can still apply for Military police or do i have to have a degree or diploma.
thanks in advance for answer.

YYJ
Rookie Member

Postby YYJ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:55 pm

While it isn't particularly relevant Aldergrove is a Navy facility (with some Army Reserve units using the Navy's infrastructure) and there are no MPs there, part time or full time.

Chilliwack has three full-time (Regular Force) MPs who are posted there and are not related to Esquimalt. They belong to an Army MP unit and are headquartered out of Edmonton.

YYJ
Rookie Member

Postby YYJ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 pm

eternaltuna wrote:First of all I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their valuable information. I have been a long time follower here but this is my first post. So I apologize for any mistakes or if i am asking a same question.
I am currently a Bachelor of Arts student. Have completed 3 years and going into my 4th. I was wondering if i can still apply for Military police or do i have to have a degree or diploma.
thanks in advance for answer.

For the Regular Force (full-time) you're unlikely to meet the education requirement of a diploma in law enforcement studies. For the Reserve Force (part-time) you require grade 12.

If you're looking to enrol as an Officer the degree must be Crim, Psych, or Soc. There is some other degrees that are accepted. This is true for both Regular and Reserve Force. It's important to understand the managerial duties of an Officer if you elect that route. A lot less hands on.

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:33 pm

YYJ wrote:While it isn't particularly relevant Aldergrove is a Navy facility (with some Army Reserve units using the Navy's infrastructure) and there are no MPs there, part time or full time.

Chilliwack has three full-time (Regular Force) MPs who are posted there and are not related to Esquimalt. They belong to an Army MP unit and are headquartered out of Edmonton.

Huh, I thought that they sourced them from positions out of Esquimalt. Didn't realize it was Edmonton that staffed it directly. Nevertheless, the Chilliwack guys are still responsible for any goings-on at CFS Aldergrove.

jcroteau12
Rookie Member

Postby jcroteau12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Can someone join the Reserve MP's but parade with another unit?

There doesn't appear to be any opportunity for reserve MP's in the BC interior.