Western Canadian Military Police Reserve Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Melanie1
Seasoned Member

Re: Western Canadian Military Police Reserve Recruiting

Postby Melanie1 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:48 am

RedcapCrusader wrote:
fatboy wrote:Any open spots floating around the alberta area??

Calgary.

The more the merrier!

I am interested in the Calgary area!!
CX

fatboy
Rookie Member

Postby fatboy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:01 am

As am I.

I'm way too far north right now for it to be viable, but I've put in for a transfer to central AB with my agency (who knows if any spots will open any time soon!), and am going to be applying to agencies in the red deer and south area, and HOPING to be on my way down that direction in the next few months.

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:26 pm

put in for MPO with Calgary 14th div...status of my ap is 'in transit"...waitiiiiiiiiiiiiing lol
CPPS

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Melanie1 wrote:
RedcapCrusader wrote:
fatboy wrote:Any open spots floating around the alberta area??

Calgary.

The more the merrier!

I am interested in the Calgary area!!

fatboy wrote:As am I.

I'm way too far north right now for it to be viable, but I've put in for a transfer to central AB with my agency (who knows if any spots will open any time soon!), and am going to be applying to agencies in the red deer and south area, and HOPING to be on my way down that direction in the next few months.

If you folks are interested in joining 14 Military Police Platoon (Calgary), send me a PM for contact info.

Regardless of where you are, you can get in touch with our Recruiting NCO and let him know you're interested. They'll do a brief pre-screen to ensure you'd be a good candidate and a short informal interview to make sure you understand what you're getting into and that you're willing to commit.

It's a good go, we're a small unit but it's more like a family. We train hard, and play harder.

Edit to add: Wednesday 1830-2200 is our parade night, so our recruiter is in and will be taking calls and emails. It's the last one before the Summer stand down so get your names in so they can get the ball rolling quickly once Sept 01 rolls around.

Looking forward to seeing new faces!

RedcapCrusader
Rookie Member

Postby RedcapCrusader » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:26 am

Bit of a hiccup, parade was cancelled for 14 MP (Calgary) tonight. Those looking to join in Calgary and Area; standby for more information.

Melanie1
Seasoned Member

Postby Melanie1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 am

RedcapCrusader wrote:Bit of a hiccup, parade was cancelled for 14 MP (Calgary) tonight. Those looking to join in Calgary and Area; standby for more information.

Much appreciated.
CX

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:19 am

anyone else moving along? im going on to do my physical next week!!!
CPPS

subbie
Rookie Member

Postby subbie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Are there any current MP's available that could shoot me a PM and maybe assist with a couple of questions I have. I have been in back round now for 11 weeks awaiting to hear weather or not I will get clearance and a assessment weekend.
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Hey guys/gals looks like I missed some important questions - always feel free to PM me. I am the 15 MP Coy Recruiter - We have Platoons in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria.

KJC33
Rookie Member

Postby KJC33 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi there isn't a forum on here for Ontario Rev MP?

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Sit Rep: 1 MP Regt is looking for new members. Occupational Transfers and New Recruits are welcome to apply. The future looks bright in terms of opportunity for the MP Reserve.

There is lots of discussion underway at the highest levels in terms of how to best employ Reserve Members including positions on specialty courses (CP, Air Marshall, etc) and the Reg Force QL 3. To be clear - they will not be handing out special opportunities to anyone and everyone - time in, maturity, and Res MP QL5 will be important factors.

This said you will need to get started soonest - so shoot me a PM and we can get the ball rolling.

Melanie1
Seasoned Member

Postby Melanie1 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:56 pm

ResMP wrote:Sit Rep: 1 MP Regt is looking for new members. Occupational Transfers and New Recruits are welcome to apply. The future looks bright in terms of opportunity for the MP Reserve.

There is lots of discussion underway at the highest levels in terms of how to best employ Reserve Members including positions on specialty courses (CP, Air Marshall, etc) and the Reg Force QL 3. To be clear - they will not be handing out special opportunities to anyone and everyone - time in, maturity, and Res MP QL5 will be important factors.

This said you will need to get started soonest - so shoot me a PM and we can get the ball rolling.

Where is this located?
CX

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:21 pm

1 MP Regt has Platoons in Victoria (Sect), Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg. All are interested in new candidates. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

ResMP
Rookie Member

Postby ResMP » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:56 pm

FYI, 1MP Regt is currently canvassing for Qualified Res MP to take part in the Reg Force QL3 Course. The future looks bright but you have to be MP Qualified first. It would take at least a year to get trained up to a point to take advantage of this opportunity. Please let me know if you are interested.

GDF21
Rookie Member

Postby GDF21 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if there is anyone who knows the application process for the Canadian military police ill be finishing my Criminal justice degree, and I am looking into the plethora of Law Enforcement jobs out there. I know the MP's do not serve a function similar to Civilian police agencies, so need not drag that age old argument out! I am just simply interested as there isnt tons of information on their site. Is it similar to agencies like the RCMP ? Ride alongs, Credit investigations, and all that good stuff! Obviously nothing of that nature is a issue but im just kinda confused on what the application process is as its not really published on the CF site. or is it the exact same as a soldier entering any different field within the armed forces. Appreciate the time and happy new years!