BRANTFORD AUXILIARY INTERVIEW *need help *

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Tango5
Rookie Member

Re: BRANTFORD AUXILIARY INTERVIEW *need help *

Postby Tango5 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 am

gotchya wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:
iNFAMOUS wrote:edit - the wrong way down a one way was a huge mistake because i was downtown picking up my friend from a club. I myself don't know my way around down there so it was totally my fault for not using a gps. The ticket was a count of careless / disobey officer (6+2).

Nice try.

One doesn't get 8 demerit points for just driving the wrong way down a one-way street because you were lost.

Trying to deceive people here in this forum is not a good way to embark on a law enforcement career. No one in here can give you definitive advice. You need to apply and ask your recruiter. Plus, no one in here is going to give you any advice at all when you are so obviously trying to cover up the real story.

With your piss poor driving record at 18 years old, you will not likely be hired as a police officer for many years to come. You can keep asking for advice until you get the answer you want, but we are not here to hold your hand and tell you that you are wonderful and everything will be alright. That is for your parents.

Although I wouldn't be ignorant of the accumulated 8 points, I would certainly question the fact that you disobeyed an officer when you were statutorily required to do so.

Would I want to hire someone (law enforcement or not) who doesn't obey people in authority, when given what was a lawful order? I'm going to say no, but I'm not in human resources and I have been wrong before.

Lol.
I just noticed the 'disobey' and was gonna comment.
You beat me to it.

I'd like to know what order was disobeyed. There must be a good story to this one.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 am

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

recceguy
Seasoned Member

Postby recceguy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:56 am

I don't condone the usage of steroids. Have never and will never use them. That said...let's get real here...the CF isn't exactly going out of the way to prevent it. It's more of a don't ask don't tell thing. Usage is common in all facets of the CF upto and including CANSOFCOM.

That said....christ help you if you're caught selling/buying them on CF property. The MP's and your unit will have a field day throwing punishments at you left right and centre.

Like I said, I don't condone steroid usage.....but the CF has bigger issues to deal with drug wise than roids.

On a side note...I don't know how it is now but a few years ago CTing from the reserves to the reg force was HARDER than applying off the street. Not telling you not to join the reserves but it can be a pain in the ass getting into the Reg force if you take that route. My info isn't totally upto date....there is someone on this boards who works in recruiting (that I won't name as it's not my place to) and if he wants to chime in and correct me go ahead.
"If you make a mistake live with it......your parents did"
-An unnamed Sgt. Major

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roofus
Rookie Member

Postby Roofus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 am

My unit has done random drug tests...

There are policies to do with hiring age, drug use... the CFRC's do not make up their own rules......

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:44 pm

I love how these failure-students think it would be a fun game to come onto a law enforcement forum and try to get us to believe that their "minor driving indiscretions" weren't the majour charges they were ... and then go on to allude to long-term illegal drug usage. Concealing the true story in here is going to work about as successfully as trying to conceal your true life from a recruiter.

Whatever would give them the slightest idea that recruiters are dumb and don't know their jobs, or that police officers would think it was okay to use illegal drugs that are often supplied and smuggled in by the same organized crime members who have participated in the murder of many citizens in this country, including police officers?

Maybe I am totally naive here in thinking they are just stupid; maybe it's the steroids that have clouded their judgement.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 am

iNFAMOUS wrote:Hi I am a potential candidate for the Brantford Auxiliary Program. I am currently 18 and tunring 19 on september 14, I have completed the phyiscal portion top 5 of the 60, and placed 4th on the aptitude. I have a question regarding the upcoming interview september 10th ...I have completed the prejustice certificate at mohawk college and am on the way to getting the Protection security investigation diploma...
cheers,
Richard :alright:

And the PM you sent me about your "friend" joining the CF but having done steroids and being worried if he can get in? I somehow think that "friend" is actually you. I'm not trying to single you out, but I've come to see a trend on this board and army.ca...

If you, or your friend (if he really does exist) have done steroids, and while I'm no police officer, I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say you, or he/she will have a very difficult time becoming a police officer, especially if he/she has a horrible driving record.

Posted for posterity... I don't know how many applicants Brantford Auxiliary is getting, but I'm going to say there are not too many Richards born 14SEP1993 who are going to Mohawk College and scored 4th on the physical...just sayin'
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Triglav
Rookie Member

Postby Triglav » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Just a heads up, interviews should be happening soon.
Last edited by Triglav on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFNG
Rookie Member

Postby TheFNG » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Hope the address for this vid works. Great job on the video it deserves alot more than 18 views. Spent four fun years there and its good to see familiar faces and alot of new ones. Great people and a great service :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr6MbZqXRWk

If it doesn't work just go to Brantford Police Service website to view.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:16 pm

That was a great video, it really captures the positive attitudes of the Brantford Aux and Police members.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Kopparoo2b
Rookie Member

Postby Kopparoo2b » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say at this point in your life you have no chance to get into Auxiliary with a fairly fresh 8 points off your driving record, never mind as a regular. Good grief this must be a young'un wasting everyone's time.

If you're on the up and... er...up, continue with your life, get your driving record Clear for a few years. Do that first. And maybe volunteer somewhere for a few years. Do something, anything that shows maturity and focus.
kopparoo2b

"Its not enough to just talk about it"