BRANTFORD AUXILIARY INTERVIEW *need help *

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
iNFAMOUS
Rookie Member

BRANTFORD AUXILIARY INTERVIEW *need help *

Postby iNFAMOUS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi I am a potential candidate for the Brantford Auxiliary Program. I am currently 18 and tunring 19 on september 14, I have completed the phyiscal portion top 5 of the 60, and placed 4th on the aptitude. I have a question regarding the upcoming interview september 10th http://www.brantfordpolice.ca/sworn-rec ... ce-program. Does anyone have any advice they could share with me. I also have a concern on demerit points , and driving history. months have passed since my young and dumb mistake of a winter car accident where i was at fault, and 2 tickets which i recieved for going the wrong way down a one way worth 8 demerits. So my concern is will that get in the way of my interview. I have completed the prejustice certificate at mohawk college and am on the way to getting the Protection security investigation diploma. I am also progressing my way into the military reserves program (Argyll Hamilton) i also currently work as a security guard and continue to drive. So all together i would like to know if i will be able to make it into the police auxiliary with my current job / education and unfortunate driving history.

cheers,

Richard :alright:
Failure is success if we learn from it.
Malcolm Forbes

You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar

darwin
Rookie Member

Re: BRANTFORD AUXILIARY INTERVIEW *need help *

Postby darwin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 pm

EDIT: wrong GIF

crenom
Rookie Member

Postby crenom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:43 am

In all seriousness though you may have done well in aptitude and fitness but you clearly have a disregard for traffic laws. If this happened 10 years ago it might be a different story but we're talking months here so it may as well have happened last week

Would a fire chief hire someone with a history of burning down sheds?

Common sense would tell you to smarten up and put some distance (read:"time") between you and your transgressions.

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 am

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:17 am

It's that little thing called "attention to details" that is so over-rated in police work :roll:
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 am

Well, I for one appreciate the large text.

( :(( Having older eyes sucks.)

Whatever happened to aux being folks who just want to volunteer with the police service in their community but aren't considering a full-time career in policing? Am I the only one who still looks at it this way?

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Anyone who has 8 demerits at 18 years old should be asking for advice on how to not get their drivers licence pulled, not on their future career as a police officer.

Driving is a privilege which you have obviously not respected yet. You don't even deserve to be on the road.

You dug yourself into this hole; get yourself out. Come back in ten years and PROVE how you have matured and learned from this experience. (The fact that you have even been allowed to take a police foundations course when you don't have the slightest hope of becoming a police officer for many years is also kind of scary.)

How you respond to the advice you have been given on this thread will illustrate how far you are going to go in your future career. You can get mad at us and just leave the forum thinking we are all idiots ... or you can LISTEN to what we are saying and take positive steps to improve your maturity and your sense of responsibility and find a way to completely turn around your attitude.

Your choice.

Police recruiters are very good at spotting those who have a true sense of maturity and those who just fake it.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I need a trunk monkey.

Want the job?
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

iNFAMOUS
Rookie Member

Postby iNFAMOUS » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:25 pm

edit - the wrong way down a one way was a huge mistake because i was downtown picking up my friend from a club. I myself don't know my way around down there so it was totally my fault for not using a gps. The ticket was a count of careless / disobey officer (6+2).

On the other hand do you have any advice on what i should do from this point forward? At this point i'm looking at joining the military reserves still and its argylls (infantry) build experience and earn money, then eventually to join the military as a Military Police Officer. The educational part is PSi at Mohawk college which im enrolled for as a paid co-op student so i can choose the aux or military for the experience. And finally any advice for when i go to the auxiliary interview. I understand driving is one of the greatest privilege's and practice elite levels of caution when driving to work / rugby / and the gym. Thanks for all the responses , still looking for advice on these topics though.

Cheers,

Malcolm Forbes

You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm

You need a GPS to know that a street is a One-Way?
Can't read signs?
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iNFAMOUS
Rookie Member

Postby iNFAMOUS » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Alright awesome thanks for the Answer ! Right now I'm headed in that direction and will pursue the military life while in school ! Still looking for the auxiliary info tips. I have a trucking logistics career on The back burner if I have to go on standby before I go regular force as the mP. unfortunately it will eat up 17weeks I start me cost $12,145 then build the xp to hold a business until my dad has Enuf capital . Thanks for all the input much appreciated !!

Cheers,

Malcolm Forbes

Zig Ziglar

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:09 am

iNFAMOUS wrote:edit - the wrong way down a one way was a huge mistake because i was downtown picking up my friend from a club. I myself don't know my way around down there so it was totally my fault for not using a gps. The ticket was a count of careless / disobey officer (6+2).

Nice try.

One doesn't get 8 demerit points for just driving the wrong way down a one-way street because you were lost.

Trying to deceive people here in this forum is not a good way to embark on a law enforcement career. No one in here can give you definitive advice. You need to apply and ask your recruiter. Plus, no one in here is going to give you any advice at all when you are so obviously trying to cover up the real story.

With your piss poor driving record at 18 years old, you will not likely be hired as a police officer for many years to come. You can keep asking for advice until you get the answer you want, but we are not here to hold your hand and tell you that you are wonderful and everything will be alright. That is for your parents.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 am

Dave Brown wrote:
iNFAMOUS wrote:edit - the wrong way down a one way was a huge mistake because i was downtown picking up my friend from a club. I myself don't know my way around down there so it was totally my fault for not using a gps. The ticket was a count of careless / disobey officer (6+2).

Nice try.

One doesn't get 8 demerit points for just driving the wrong way down a one-way street because you were lost.

Trying to deceive people here in this forum is not a good way to embark on a law enforcement career. No one in here can give you definitive advice. You need to apply and ask your recruiter. Plus, no one in here is going to give you any advice at all when you are so obviously trying to cover up the real story.

With your piss poor driving record at 18 years old, you will not likely be hired as a police officer for many years to come. You can keep asking for advice until you get the answer you want, but we are not here to hold your hand and tell you that you are wonderful and everything will be alright. That is for your parents.

Although I wouldn't be ignorant of the accumulated 8 points, I would certainly question the fact that you disobeyed an officer when you were statutorily required to do so.

Would I want to hire someone (law enforcement or not) who doesn't obey people in authority, when given what was a lawful order? I'm going to say no, but I'm not in human resources and I have been wrong before.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage