Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:10 pm
Location: Collecting shoulder flashes in the CFL Club
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:39 am

RemingtonSteel wrote:Jenny Craig not working out for ya eh :P

..... not that I'm one to talk, I'm 5'10'' ad 185.
Maybe if you'd get off your derrierre and come out my way to buy me coffee like you were supposed to, you'd witness my svelte, cougar-like frame first hand and be in awe....





:twisted:
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

User avatar
goaliegibson
Regular Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby goaliegibson » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm

tryndamere wrote:
meathead1 wrote:I can't believe how many total fucking morons there are out there that want to be cops.


Lol indeed. If OP doesn't know why meathead is saying this, then you can't become a cop.

says the guy asking the same shit like 5-10 posts ago. :crazy:
Image

GoWings
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby GoWings » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Maverick416 wrote:I apologize for any frustration I might cause anyone with my newbie questions but I am not very tech/internet savy so its very difficult for me to find what I am looking for in this plethora of information.


So anyways I am from Milton,ON ! I am interested in joining the Halton Region Police and wanted to get some information.

I am 6'2 weighing 160 lbs. I am physically fit and have been involved with endurance/strength conditioning for quite some time.

I have a degree in Electronics Engineering and I have the Red Cross First Aid/CPR(LevelC) certification. I am 24 yrs old BTW

How much of a chance do I have to get hired ?

Do I need to get the CFSC/CFRSC to give my application a better chance ?


Now, they may not go hand-in-hand but uhhhhhhhhhh just saying....
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

User avatar
Tinman
Grand Poobah
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:06 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby Tinman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Maverick416 wrote:I apologize for any frustration I might cause anyone with my newbie questions but I am not very tech/internet savy so its very difficult for me to find what I am looking for in this plethora of information.


So anyways I am from Milton,ON ! I am interested in joining the Halton Region Police and wanted to get some information.

I am 6'2 weighing 160 lbs. I am physically fit and have been involved with endurance/strength conditioning for quite some time.

I have a degree in Electronics Engineering and I have the Red Cross First Aid/CPR(LevelC) certification. I am 24 yrs old BTW

How much of a chance do I have to get hired ?

Do I need to get the CFSC/CFRSC to give my application a better chance ?



I find it hard to believe you could find your way here and not find your way here: http://www.hrps.on.ca/JoinUs/Pages/default.aspx

Get a clue. Better yet, get a different career path.
Say what you mean. Do what you say.

Tango5
Rookie Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:34 am
Location: E Div
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby Tango5 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Tinman wrote:

I find it hard to believe you could find your way here and not find your way here: http://www.hrps.on.ca/JoinUs/Pages/default.aspx

Get a clue. Better yet, get a different career path.


It appears to be easier to ask stupid questions here than look around and/or email for answers there.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

User avatar
go_leafs_go
Regular Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby go_leafs_go » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Tango5 wrote:
Tinman wrote:

I find it hard to believe you could find your way here and not find your way here: http://www.hrps.on.ca/JoinUs/Pages/default.aspx

Get a clue. Better yet, get a different career path.


It appears to be easier to ask stupid questions here than look around and/or email for answers there.


Most people have shit for brains.... the successful applicants will learn that fast haha

User avatar
Toonces
King Poobah
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby Toonces » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm

symantec wrote:no offence but 6'2 and 160 pounds is not something to brag about.

Oh?
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

curiousone
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby curiousone » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 pm

I was thinking...
Last edited by curiousone on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curiousone
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby curiousone » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 pm

No such things as bad questions! Thats why we all come here. inofmration sharing/networking. Regradless of the thread.

ArcticCop
King Poobah
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:20 am
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby ArcticCop » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 am

curiousone wrote:No such things as bad questions! Thats why we all come here. inofmration sharing/networking. Regradless of the thread.



Yes there is. These are all bad questions that have been answered a million times. Just swap the degree and the force.

Dont think just because you dont think YOUR questions are stupid that the rest of the world feels the same way.

Your questions are DUMB.
"Arctic sounds to me like hes a long time hardened cop. A cop and an outdated one at that"
- Shocktech88

PapaSquirrel
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby PapaSquirrel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:11 pm

meathead1 wrote:I can't believe how many total fucking morons there are out there that want to be cops.


I can believe it...what scares me is how many get hired
Common sense ain't so common

User avatar
honouroverall
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby honouroverall » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:08 am

*Edit
Last edited by honouroverall on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A sword must bend or it will break

curiousone
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby curiousone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Yes, I made a spelling mistake...oops
Last edited by curiousone on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curiousone
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Newbies requires some help please ! *Halton Region*

Postby curiousone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:28 pm

ArcticCop wrote:
curiousone wrote:No such things as bad questions! Thats why we all come here. inofmration sharing/networking. Regradless of the thread.



Yes there is. These are all bad questions that have been answered a million times. Just swap the degree and the force.

Dont think just because you dont think YOUR questions are stupid that the rest of the world feels the same way.

Your questions are DUMB.
Last edited by curiousone on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Georgyirawo, Google [Bot], sd333, Tourand92, xterrabrah, ygu31 and 13 guests