The truth about the RCMP

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
johnq

Re: The truth about the RCMP

Postby johnq » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 am

Can we lock this? Somebody kindly PM'd me with all the information I wanted to know, and nobody else seems interested in responding to the original question. I'm embarrassed that my thread is about to deteriorate into a sh*tshow :offtopic:

Bauer
Rookie Member

Postby Bauer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:43 pm

VanSmack wrote:A word of advice to any member of the RCMP thinking about posting anything negative in here, especially something specific; if you like having a job and not being sued/charged under the RCMP Act, don't do it. You never know who's reading your posts.

Whistleblower legislation only protects members if you're informing someone in a position of authority specifically about something illegal, and this site isn't the place.

For those of you thinking you were gonna get some dirt from some members, look elsewhere, sorry to disappoint.

That is all.

hmmmm.....and I thought as Canadian citizens we had a right to our OWN opinions?? :ponder:
I pray to God he's a troll....surely an applicant can not be this stupid. argyll
you're fucked. Go work at mcdonalds. We don't need idiots like you. meathead1

dataec
Poobah Overlord

Postby dataec » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:39 pm

johnq wrote:....
I'm embarrassed that my thread is about to deteriorate into a sh*tshow.

As will your "career" in the RCMP.

Be a police officer, just join another force.

dataec
Poobah Overlord

Postby dataec » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:41 pm

VanSmack wrote:....discussing your opinions on the internal workings and information related to the operation of an agency engaged in law enforcement ....

PLUS, "negativity breeds negativity"..............and nothing else does.

dataec
Poobah Overlord

Postby dataec » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:51 pm

VanSmack wrote:Hardly my point.

I know what you meant.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:26 pm

dataec wrote:
VanSmack wrote:....discussing your opinions on the internal workings and information related to the operation of an agency engaged in law enforcement ....

Off Van's point but guess what...There are lazy and there are productive Members. Who do you think is going to bitch the most?
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Painkiller
Seasoned Member

Postby Painkiller » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:10 am

Tango5 wrote:Off Van's point but guess what...There are lazy and there are productive Members. Who do you think is going to bitch the most?

Hahahaha... What a farce!! If you speak out against the bullshit you see, you get labelled a "whiner".
If you speak out against the fact that you are doing TWICE the work for less pay, you get labelled a "whiner".
If you speak out against the fact that your benefits are getting slashed, you get labelled a "whiner"

In my book, anyone that sees that they are getting screwed and speaks up about it, is smart, as he is alerting the other people around him to wake the #$*&@#% up.

Ahhhh screw it...... just call me a "whiner"...... see if I care.
Painkiller

---------------------
Proud Member of the Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada
Join Now - www.mppac.ca

dataec
Poobah Overlord

Postby dataec » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 am

Tango5 wrote:Off Van's point but guess what...There are lazy and there are productive Members. Who do you think is going to bitch the most?

That's an easy one - the productive ones. The lazy ones couldn't care less.

Bauer
Rookie Member

Postby Bauer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 am

VanSmack wrote:
You are. However as a member of the RCMP you are not necessarily allowed to share some of those opinions, as you aren't representing a private citizen, but a government agency.

Sorry but my opinion is mine and I only represent myself. Not you or joe blow.

Expressing your opinion on the Jay's chances of winning the pennant is not the same as discussing your opinions on the internal workings and information related to the operation of an agency engaged in law enforcement and national security operations. It's no different than in the military.

No, the Jay's don't have a chance in hell and yes I get the second part.

The RCMP act is very clear in this respect, and the oath of secrecy a member takes when they get their badge is also pretty clear. It's not like members go into it without knowing that certain things are off limits.

Yup, get that part too.

If you're a member, and I can't recall if you are, you were given the same training I was. If you're comfortable putting yourself in that kind of position than go nuts, just don't be surprised if in this current political climate you have someone emailing you at work setting up a meeting for you to explain yourself. The internet is hardly as anonymous as some may think.

Keep drinking that cool-aid bro.
I pray to God he's a troll....surely an applicant can not be this stupid. argyll

Bauer
Rookie Member

Postby Bauer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:54 am

VanSmack wrote:
dataec wrote:

Hardly my point.

I had other things I was going to say in response to this, but I'm going to keep them to myself for now.

Sorry bud and I mean no disrespect, but a spade is a spade no matter how you look at it.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 am

Painkiller wrote:

Hahahaha... What a farce!! If you speak out against the bullshit you see, you get labelled a "whiner".
If you speak out against the fact that you are doing TWICE the work for less pay, you get labelled a "whiner".
If you speak out against the fact that your benefits are getting slashed, you get labelled a "whiner"

In my book, anyone that sees that they are getting screwed and speaks up about it, is smart, as he is alerting the other people around him to wake the #$*&@#% up.

Ahhhh screw it...... just call me a "whiner"...... see if I care.

Painkiller, I don't know you therfore I wouldn't direct any comments at you but face it, there are proverbial losers and winners in any proffesion.

I have worked with members who on the "slower" days drive pointlessly around the area like they were there for presence only never touching any files floating in the air. With members that will never take a file that is not assigned to them.

Then.. I worked with those who swip those files one after one without being asked to do so. Those, that do traffic stops when there is nothing else to do. Those, who take an extra file on the way to another call.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 am

maybe those "lazy" members are driving around aimlessly because they have an AUX with them and are trying to bore said AUX enough to leave early.