Hello everybody from a new member, I am starting my Journey!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Mongo
Veteran Member

Re: Hello everybody from a new member, I am starting my Jour

Postby Mongo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 pm

gswptp wrote:
tryndamere wrote:. Does anyone know what kind of clothes to wear on test day? My plan is to wear a hoodie and jogging pants, I don't see a point of wearing a suit for the written test because I am not going there to impress people administering the tests, I am going there to pass the tests.

Suit and tie

Don't bother. Suit and tie impresses absolutely nobody at that stage. Be comfortable.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

zimmer
Rookie Member

Postby zimmer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 pm

tryndamere wrote:
I didn't expect people are so rude here. From what you said, you assume people who can speak more than just English can't do shit and others have to pick up their slack. Wow, this is the best generalization I have ever seen from a people with age and maturity.

I agree with you that speaking more languages doesn't mean jack shit, but with all else being EQUAL, clearly the person that can speak more languages and is ethnic minority will be given preference during hiring not just because that person is ethnic minority but the fact that he is more competitive regardless of race. The government embraces a diverse workforce, if they always hire white constables when clearly other ethnics groups are applying and are just capable if not more capable, then that is racism, period.

What you said "I hear bilingual Caucasians have an advantage over other applicants in the competition process.'" is a flaw statement, it is not even a reverse statement of what I said. Bilingual Caucasians have the advantage if the other applicants are NOT bilingual. You failed to mention that part and therefore you statement was false and racist in nature.

I pay tax too, do you think I enjoy the BS the government does all the time? I totally agree that hiring based on merit and if we compare our merits, I will have more merits than you do, so don't even get me started. You are dwelling on the notion that ethnic minorities are incapable of doing things intended for the whites and they are taking advantage of the system because government has this preference policy. Guess what, you are so wrong. Let me tell you something, the people who immigrated here are highly educated, and often with PhDs and shit and they couldn't find a job here. Why because the government doesn't recognize their education from back home. They are forced to do shit jobs like driving a taxi and working as cleaners. Does that mean they don't know shit and they are incapable of working jobs here? NO, they are just as capable if not more capable. So take you arrogant pride and take a class in immigration and their education.

I understand the part of looking professional for a test, but for a test that doesn't pass you based on your attire? Then what's the point, and later on you have to change everything into shorts and t-shirt. I just don't like to bring all my formal clothes over and then I have no place to put them.

Lastly, I don't get why there are so many ignorant people on this forum, they contribute more to the racial flame war more than they contribute to the discussion at hand. If CBR didn't have so many assumptions and contributed positively with a constructive criticism, I would have accepted his opinion. But, it was nothing more than just blatant accusations and inciting hate.

WOW - for someone who recently signed up to blueline - you sound full of anger; anger towards members, government, etc.. Canada doesn't sound like a good fit for you. Need a drive to the Airport?
On the Civilian side of the yellow tape......for now!

tryndamere
Rookie Member

Postby tryndamere » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Easy there fella. The only thing that was said is that being an ethnic minority shouldn't be an advantage. If you and I both speak French and English, then you shouldn't get the bonus points because you come from a different ethnicity than the white guy on the block. If you think you should get the job because of that, then you're out to lunch and I'd never want to work with you. The human rights code in Ontario says that you can't dismiss an applicant because of a set number of things (age, sex, credence, ethnicity, sexuality) and I think there may be some more. But there's no way in hell we should be HIRING somebody just because they fall into a different category than the white heterosexual Christian male who's young and in shape. You need to go sit back and figure out why you want to be a cop. The way you're blasting off here just makes me think it's because you think it's a cool job and you can get in because you're a "Minority". Whatever the fuck that means nowadays.

Read what I wrote about merit. I never said I or ethnic minorities should get the job. I will use your example. Suppose, we both can speak perfect French and English, we have similar educational background and we are both high qualified. However, because there is a large population of say Muslims living in that area and the middle eastern candidate will be hired. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Have a preference for ethnic minority is not a free pass to a job. You still have to be high qualified and just as good as everybody else. When given that type of situation, it is a no brainer for a recruiter to select the suitable candidate. I just don't like people automatically assume those ethnic minorities get jobs because they are ethnic minorities. If it was in my company, I would only hire people who are competent and highly qualified. Things like ethnic minorities and other languages are bonus that give competitiveness.

tryndamere
Rookie Member

Postby tryndamere » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:36 pm

wortman wrote:
tryndamere wrote:
I didn't expect people are so rude here. From what you said, you assume people who can speak more than just English can't do shit and others have to pick up their slack. Wow, this is the best generalization I have ever seen from a people with age and maturity.

I agree with you that speaking more languages doesn't mean jack shit, but with all else being EQUAL, clearly the person that can speak more languages and is ethnic minority will be given preference during hiring not just because that person is ethnic minority but the fact that he is more competitive regardless of race. The government embraces a diverse workforce, if they always hire white constables when clearly other ethnics groups are applying and are just capable if not more capable, then that is racism, period.

What you said "I hear bilingual Caucasians have an advantage over other applicants in the competition process.'" is a flaw statement, it is not even a reverse statement of what I said. Bilingual Caucasians have the advantage if the other applicants are NOT bilingual. You failed to mention that part and therefore you statement was false and racist in nature.

I pay tax too, do you think I enjoy the BS the government does all the time? I totally agree that hiring based on merit and if we compare our merits, I will have more merits than you do, so don't even get me started. You are dwelling on the notion that ethnic minorities are incapable of doing things intended for the whites and they are taking advantage of the system because government has this preference policy. Guess what, you are so wrong. Let me tell you something, the people who immigrated here are highly educated, and often with PhDs and shit and they couldn't find a job here. Why because the government doesn't recognize their education from back home. They are forced to do shit jobs like driving a taxi and working as cleaners. Does that mean they don't know shit and they are incapable of working jobs here? NO, they are just as capable if not more capable. So take you arrogant pride and take a class in immigration and their education.

I understand the part of looking professional for a test, but for a test that doesn't pass you based on your attire? Then what's the point, and later on you have to change everything into shorts and t-shirt. I just don't like to bring all my formal clothes over and then I have no place to put them.

Lastly, I don't get why there are so many ignorant people on this forum, they contribute more to the racial flame war more than they contribute to the discussion at hand. If CBR didn't have so many assumptions and contributed positively with a constructive criticism, I would have accepted his opinion. But, it was nothing more than just blatant accusations and inciting hate.

WOW - for someone who recently signed up to blueline - you sound full of anger; anger towards members, government, etc.. Canada doesn't sound like a good fit for you. Need a drive to the Airport?

Another person like CBR, full of generalizations and assumptions. I like the phrase, ignorance is a bliss. CBR didn't have anger towards government? CBR didn't express anger towards other members? CBR made his point and I made my point. Just because I have recently signed up for the forum, that does not take my right of expressing my opinion towards somebody who's full of ignorance. Maybe you should start writing constructive criticisms instead of writing this racist remark of sending me back to where I came from. I am reporting this to the admins.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:39 pm

tryndamere wrote: I am reporting this to the admins.

Oh no please don't do that. I don't want to get in trouble.
Seriously......quit being a bitch and fuck off.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby pukie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:41 pm

^^^^^^ This poster is clearly a troll.

Edit: the one above Meaty's! And I'll quote,

Meathead1 wrote: Seriously......quit being a bitch and fuck off.

Rob
Grand Poobah

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Well this went off the rails fairly quickly.... at the request of the original poster this is locked.
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
George Orwell.

"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Eric Cartman

Semper ubi sub ubi