Mississauga Parking Enforcement...

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
JennyRN
Rookie Member

Mississauga Parking Enforcement...

Postby JennyRN » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Hey out there - just wondered if anyone received an email from them to begin the process? I just got one today - didn't think I would hear from them since it has been over a month since I applied.

shocktech88
Rookie Member

Re: Mississauga Parking Enforcement...

Postby shocktech88 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:14 pm

I applied but never heard anything back. I believe the one I applied to was a posting back in February? It was part time for sure. I exceed educational and customer services requirements but lack parking or municipal enforcement experience (which by the way is damn near impossible to get since every position that ever hires for it want's experience in the first place).

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:30 pm

shocktech88 wrote:I applied but never heard anything back. I believe the one I applied to was a posting back in February? It was part time for sure. I exceed educational and customer services requirements but lack parking or municipal enforcement experience (which by the way is damn near impossible to get since every position that ever hires for it want's experience in the first place).

yeah that is the same position - I think it closed February 27th - not sure when/if I will hear back from them - we shall see.

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 pm

It was big bucks. Mississauga pays their law enforcement personal very good money.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 am

"Law Enforcement"?

I don't think so.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:49 am

City of Mississauga pays their employees well I think is what Apollo meant to say...

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:50 am

If you are not a PC then you are considered a civilian member. Even though some parking enforcement officers are still technically "Peace Officers", hell, OSPCA animal control officers are considered peace officers... if thats what was meant by law enforcement.

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am

Pretty sure parking enforcement are not peace officers - we weren't while with toronto - lost my peace officer status when I moved from courts to parking...

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 am

JennyRN wrote:City of Mississauga pays their employees well I think is what Apollo meant to say...

Ya thats what i meant

I wasn't trying to be technical

With regards to their "status" forget the technicalities, they are just provincial offenses officers.

Anyway Mississauga bylaw, transit, and parking make good coin. No two ways about it.

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:15 pm

JennyRN wrote:Pretty sure parking enforcement are not peace officers - we weren't while with toronto - lost my peace officer status when I moved from courts to parking...

In my area people who've assaulted parking get charged with assault po usually.

FWIW Wikipedia:

Today, all bylaw enforcement officers employed in Canada are de-facto Peace Officers; in numerous provinces, bylaw officers are also de-jure Peace Officers for the purpose of enforcing municipal laws, having been sworn under various Police Acts. Courts have ruled on several occasions, most recently in 2000 (in R. v. Turko), that the definition of Peace Officer under section 2 of the Criminal Code of Canada includes bylaw officers as "other person[s] employed for the preservation or maintenance of the public peace or for the service or execution of civil process."[1] As such, while actually engaged in the execution of their duties, Bylaw Enforcement Officers are Peace Officers, independent of whether they are sworn or unsworn constables.

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:36 pm

A Bylaw officer is a peace officer only when enforcing a bylaw. So they are just citizens until they begin writing the parking ticket and then while writing/placing it on a windshield they are a PO, as soon as the ticket is placed on the car, they are back to being citizens..... Clear as mud? hahaha
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Pot.

Stirred.

Lol.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Pot.

Stirred.

Lol.

:thumbsup: - as for the status - perhaps it changed since the 90's - if the public gets charged with assaulting a PO then good - so they should!

midge
Rookie Member

Postby midge » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:31 pm

shocktech88 wrote:I applied but never heard anything back. I believe the one I applied to was a posting back in February? It was part time for sure. I exceed educational and customer services requirements but lack parking or municipal enforcement experience (which by the way is damn near impossible to get since every position that ever hires for it want's experience in the first place).

Not impossible at all. There are plenty of contract security jobs that include parking control and issuing tickets.

chuckee17
Rookie Member

Postby chuckee17 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Would anybody have any info on these guys? Looking length of shifts, number of members, ect...

Tx