Page 2 of 3

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 pm
by JK_X
Got the email today for the essay/spelling test for WRPS. Best part is that its my number one choice of services. Can't wait. I know its only phase 2 of like 10 but its a good feeling to at least get the ball rolling.

(Had to let it out)

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:59 pm
by Adamv993
JK_X wrote:Got the email today for the essay/spelling test for WRPS. Best part is that its my number one choice of services. Can't wait. I know its only phase 2 of like 10 but its a good feeling to at least get the ball rolling.

(Had to let it out)


Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:31 pm
by GoodWitness
JK_X wrote:Got the email today for the essay/spelling test for WRPS. Best part is that its my number one choice of services. Can't wait. I know its only phase 2 of like 10 but its a good feeling to at least get the ball rolling.

(Had to let it out)


Just remember not to dangle your participle.

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm
by JK_X
Didn't realize that last part could be interpreted that way until I read it a few times. I'll be sure not to take...IT out.

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:44 pm
by GoodWitness
Hey, who could blame you? Like you said, it's a good feeling to at least get the ball rolling.

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 am
by Redfields Apprentice
I applied to WRPS, had lived there for a few years, nice city. Only outfit to not offer me an interview. I was proceeding with 4 outfits, out of 5 i applied to. I got the standard "we will keep you on file". Their loss, i got offers and was hired; i can only assume with 70%+ of their populace a student or between average age of hire for an outfit that this area is very competitive. I know a couple guys on the job up there and they seem to like it ok.

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 am
by tryndamere
Redfields Apprentice wrote:I applied to WRPS, had lived there for a few years, nice city. Only outfit to not offer me an interview. I was proceeding with 4 outfits, out of 5 i applied to. I got the standard "we will keep you on file". Their loss, i got offers and was hired; i can only assume with 70%+ of their populace a student or between average age of hire for an outfit that this area is very competitive. I know a couple guys on the job up there and they seem to like it ok.


Can you elaborate on this? I am applying to WRPS too in the future, I am not sure what you mean by outfit, like police service? So if you are a student and what is the average age of hire(?), then you got no chance of getting hired?

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:19 pm
by Redfields Apprentice
Outfit = police service = police force.....

Its not that you cannot get hired, i believe it to be very competitive. Like i said, i applied to 5 services, basically at the same time. They sent me the standard draft letter, while everyone wanted an interview and to continue to the further stages.

Tri-cities, i feel is competitive because of its location, the cities themselves, and the demographic of its people. When i lived there i noted it to be quite multicultural. As stated there are multiple Universities, and colleges. The competition you are against will most certainly have a diploma or degree.

Buddy of mine just got on there as an experienced officer, which took him some time to accomplish. He has about 10-15 years police experience. You wont know if you are competitive until you try. And at the end of the day what do you have to lose? Some printed application forms and some pen ink? Perhaps some gas and some of your time to drop it off?

Apply. Good luck.

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:37 pm
by JK_X
Don't forget its not just education. I just finished up my DCI/LFI about a week ago, and I have nothing more than high school and a few online certificate courses and workshops for my work. I'm 28, and have a fair bit of life experience. I'd second the idea that a tri-city area may be more competitive, and the cultural aspect for sure. I do a lot of business in Cambridge, and speak fluently in a language Cambridge is filled with, so I'd like to think it was enough to get me past the submitting of an application phase.

At the end of the day, its what you have to offer, and like it's been mentioned here time and time again, apply and find out, throw it at the wall and see what sticks. One month they may have 100 people who seem better on paper, but 6 months later they can be worse on paper, just keep applying, and trying.

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm
by tryndamere
JK_X wrote:Don't forget its not just education. I just finished up my DCI/LFI about a week ago, and I have nothing more than high school and a few online certificate courses and workshops for my work. I'm 28, and have a fair bit of life experience. I'd second the idea that a tri-city area may be more competitive, and the cultural aspect for sure. I do a lot of business in Cambridge, and speak fluently in a language Cambridge is filled with, so I'd like to think it was enough to get me past the submitting of an application phase.

At the end of the day, its what you have to offer, and like it's been mentioned here time and time again, apply and find out, throw it at the wall and see what sticks. One month they may have 100 people who seem better on paper, but 6 months later they can be worse on paper, just keep applying, and trying.


True, how did you do at the LFI? I have my stage 1 for OACP coming up, I was wondering do they care your test results or is it just a pass/fail factor?

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:10 pm
by GoWings
Anyone recently apply and/or are in the process with WRPS?

GW

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:10 pm
by GoWings
Anyone recently apply and/or are in the process with WRPS?

GW

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 am
by Brock Vegas
I do a lot of business in Cambridge, and speak fluently in a language Cambridge is filled with, so I'd like to think it was enough to get me past the submitting of an application phase.


Newfoundlandish? :angel:

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:47 pm
by alexgue89
Saw WRPS started processing applications again :D , anyone get a email or call yet?

Re: Guelph Police and Waterloo Police

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:11 am
by PL5511
Anyone got any calls or emails for interviews yet