SCBCTAPS to other forces

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Tango5
Rookie Member

Re: SCBCTAPS to other forces

Postby Tango5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm

meathead1 wrote:just bang each other and get it over with.

Awesome.

$75 grand a year would not put them # 1 or # 2 in Canada.

Dear God - The lowest paid makes 75K

Local News Story

Top dollars for transit cops
CKNW WASTE PATROL/CKNW AM 980
Janet Brown | Email news tips to Janet
11/3/2011

The Canadian Taxpayers Federation says Translink police officers are overpaid and making a whole lot more than officers in either the RCMP or Vancouver Police department. 

Of the 177 transit cops,  66 make more than 100-thousand-dollars a year.

The lowest paid officer earns 75-thousand while the highest paid gets 149-thousand.

BC director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation, Jordan Bateman says the salaries are out of line.

He says when you're starting out as an RCMP officer or member of the VPD, you begin in the 48 thousand to 58 thousand range.
All Translink employees also get a free transit pass and one for a family member as well.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:46 am

BCTAPS pay scale, effective 2010
Page: 92

http://www.lrb.bc.ca/cas/WVD4.pdf

Hmm, a little different than in the article.
I guess, 75K includes OT and such.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

so, again, not the second highest paid in the country by any means. My agency isn't the highest paid and I make more than their 1st class and slightly less than someone at their 10 year mark.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Tango5 wrote:Dear God - The lowest paid makes 75K

Not really. If you look at Quebec or Maritime salaries, you'll find there are a lot of police officers out there who make significantly less than 75K a year.

As for the stuff about gabrielxh, leave the kid alone man, he's young and excited about going on a ride-a-long, cut the kid a break, no need to creepily stalk his entire life story :roll:
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm

RemingtonSteel wrote:
Tango5 wrote:Dear God - The lowest paid makes 75K

Not really. If you look at Quebec or Maritime salaries, you'll find there are a lot of police officers out there who make significantly less than 75K a year.

As for the stuff about gabrielxh, leave the kid alone man, he's young and excited about going on a ride-a-long, cut the kid a break, no need to creepily stalk his entire life story :roll:

Leave the kid alone?
I did as soon as it came to light that he is really a G11 student. Have you bothered to read all the posts?

About the 75K, I am missing your point.
The point was that the article mentioned that the lowest paid TAPS Member earns 75K. Which, as suggested, would make TAPS the best paid Service.

You come up with a statement that some Members make less.
I have no idea what this has to do with GVTAPS being close to be the top paid Serice.

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am

Just got off the phone with (Edited) from the transit police, he didn't say anything about a background search. He also didn't mention anything about my "browsing history".

I don't know what exactly is going on Tango5, i'm starting to doubt you even know (Edited)Also, I just come to realize, even if he did tell you about my background. You are a A/CST. You are not a sworn in police officer, and he would be in a world of shit if he disclosed my personal background information to some random dude he met on an internet forum. It was creepy enough that you cyber-stalked me, what is even more stunning it that you posed as if (Edited) disclosed this information to you. You know, if this was a more serious issue, you really could have gotten (Edited) into some serious shit. (For absolutely no reason mind you)

I'm sure anybody else on this forum would be absolutely outraged, and most likely take legal action if you found out a police officer was disclosing personal background information about you to random people on the internet.

For somebody who is representing the RCMP as an auxiliary constable(If you actually are one), this is completely unacceptable. Not only did you misrepresent (Edited) , but you also did this to me in a PUBLIC ONLINE FORUM, even after i messaged you asking you to stop.

I hope you take a long time to think about what you have just done.

I will not be pursuing this any further. Please don't do it again.

-Gabriel H

edit: Added quote from Tango5

Tango5 wrote:
Gabrielxh wrote:Yes i do. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

No, i didn't!
How did u know i was into gaming?
BTW how do u know (Edited) LOL

edit: Wrong Order

#1. (Edited) told me, he must have done some serious background check on you. All this commercial game downloads and hacking, :shame:
#2. I met him on the train.

Last edited by Gabrielxh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't"

SierraKiloMike
Rookie Member

Postby SierraKiloMike » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 am

Gabrielxh bud, just relax regarding Tango, I am almost certain that the comment regarding Dave was an attempt at a "troll" however you misinterpreted.

I read on another posting that you've been invited to your ride-along, that's good news. Watch, learn and don't be afraid to ask questions, but most of all have fun. I was around the same age when I went on my first ride-along and it can be quite the experience. :thumbsup:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:23 am

Gabriel,
There are so many people coming here ( lately, even teenagers ) simply to Troll the site. All they do is makeup stories and pretend to be someone else.

I have never met xxx and I bet he is a very nice guy.
If you look back at your posts, saying one thing then the other, PMing, asking to stop talking about 'this sort of thing' on a public forum etc.
I was more than certain you are older, being here for the wrong reasons. Do some reading on this site and you will understand.

Hey, have fun on the ride.
Last edited by Tango5 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rugger
Rookie Member

Postby Rugger » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 am

Gabrielxh wrote:Just got off the phone with that dude from the transit police, he didn't say anything about a background search. He also didn't mention anything about my "browsing history".

I don't know what exactly is going on Tango5, i'm starting to doubt you even know the man. Also, I just come to realize, even if he did tell you about my background. You are a A/CST. You are not a sworn in police officer, and he would be in a world of shit if he disclosed my personal background information to some random dude he met on an internet forum. It was creepy enough that you cyber-stalked me, what is even more stunning it that you posed as if the master disclosed this information to you. You know, if this was a more serious issue, you really could have gotten Dave into some serious shit. (For absolutely no reason mind you)

I'm sure anybody else on this forum would be absolutely outraged, and most likely take legal action if you found out a police officer was disclosing personal background information about you to random people on the internet.

For somebody who is representing the RCMP as an auxiliary constable(If you actually are one), this is completely unacceptable. Not only did you misrepresent "the dude", but you also did this to me in a PUBLIC ONLINE FORUM, even after i messaged you asking you to stop.

I hope you take a long time to think about what you have just done.

I will not be pursuing this any further. Please don't do it again.

-Gabriel H

edit: Added quote from Tango5

Tango5 wrote:
Gabrielxh wrote:Yes i do. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

No, i didn't!
How did u know i was into gaming?
BTW how do u know the coolest dude on the planet? LOL

edit: Wrong Order

#1. He told me, he must have done some serious background check on you. All this commercial game downloads and hacking, :shame:
#2. I met him on the train.

I would say settle down there skippy. Nothing personal was said that anyone could not google for themselves.

Read the forum a bit, people have outed lots of trolls. If anything take it as a learning experience that what you do on the internet can follow you and have a large impact on your life. Many people your age do not realize this fact.
Last edited by Rugger on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:42 pm

If I were you I would quit posting all your contact with Transit Police. Its not a very big outfit and the member that you are riding with might not want his name all over blueline. Something to think about.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Thats very good point...

I'm going to edit the names out of all my posts

Tango5, can you do the same please?
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't"

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:06 am

Gabrielxh wrote:Thats very good point...
I'm going to edit the names out of all my posts

Tango5, can you do the same please?

I actually shouldn't.
For a couple of reasons...

#1 - I wasn't the one bringing carelessly the name of the Member that's about to take you for a ride-along into the conversation.

This is an adult oriented site, it comes with consequences.
I seriously doubt that any member on this site would even give a thought of spending their time editing posts just because you or any other person asks, especially, where the fault is their own.

#2 - The 'speech' you gave me about how of a Bad Ass I am, telling me to take time to think about the 'damage' I have done to you on a Public Forum where in fact you are the one that should take the 'break' and reflect on what you have been doing on the Internet.

Also, sadly, pointing out to me that I'm not 'sworn-in' as a Police Officer is one thing but telling me that I represent RCMP in dark colors is another. Just to let you know, being an Auxiliary Member is the closest thing for a person to kind of "walk" in the shoes of a Reg Member.
You are, what? - 16 year old...?, getting your first Ride-Along where I've done over 100.
Just to let you know, your 'ride' involvement will be WAY different than mine.

However, out of respect for the Member whose name you have thoughtlessly dragged into the conversation I will edit my posts at my earliest convenience.

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 am

As i said before, i will not be pursuing this any further.

Thank you for doing the right thing.

-Gabriel H

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:44 am

This thread is hilarious and it brings a smile to my face every time there is a new post.
:popcorn:
:wave: