SCBCTAPS to other forces

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Re: SCBCTAPS to other forces

Postby Gabrielxh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Until today, i didn't realize there was 5 pages of "Gabrielxh" on Google of old forum accounts i made 2-3 years ago on Game Hacking sites.... And i cant delete some my accounts either. Like i'm worried if i apply to some police force, there going to see it... I saw one forum member post a bout him being Concluded because they found him posting on an internet forum in "colorful language". This isn't the same issue as for me, since i'm almost always polite. And I generally don't flame on forums!

But still... I really don't want something like that to screw me over in the long run, you know what i mean...?

I even found a Youtube video i made when i was in grade 7 about my World of Warcraft account. I don't even remember the password to that account. GOD that is so frustrating :banghead:

Any Advice?

And why do i need to eat well LOL

Btw I won't be on forums for a couple hours, i was answering posts on the forum at my school library during my spare block, I have a Physics 11 Test next block (shoot me now) so i won't be on until i get home.

Anyways, thanks Tango5 for making me aware of all this. It's alot better i find out now, from you. Instead of finding out from a recruiter LOL. Maybe i can try to delete SOME of those accounts from those sites.

TTYL!
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't"

Rugger
Rookie Member

Postby Rugger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Deleting accounts will not get rid of you history.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Gabrielxh wrote:Until today, i didn't realize there was 5 pages of "Gabrielxh" on Google of old forum accounts i made 2-3 years ago on Game Hacking sites.... And i cant delete some my accounts either. Like i'm worried if i apply to some police force, there going to see it... I saw one forum member post a bout him being Concluded because they found him posting on an internet forum in "colorful language". This isn't the same issue as for me, since i'm almost always polite. And I generally don't flame on forums!

But still... I really don't want something like that to screw me over in the long run, you know what i mean...?

I even found a Youtube video i made when i was in grade 7 about my World of Warcraft account. I don't even remember the password to that account. GOD that is so frustrating :banghead:

Any Advice?

And why do i need to eat well LOL

Btw I won't be on forums for a couple hours, i was answering posts on the forum at my school library during my spare block, I have a Physics 11 Test next block (shoot me now) so i won't be on until i get home.

Anyways, thanks Tango5 for making me aware of all this. It's alot better i find out now, from you. Instead of finding out from a recruiter LOL. Maybe i can try to delete SOME of those accounts from those sites.

TTYL!

Mid 2010 post is not 2-3 years old, or is it?
So... Now you are sitting in grade 11 class awaiting a ride with xxx of GVTAPS.

Nice.
Last edited by Tango5 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:54 pm

I was looking at the BC Transit Police website looking for their pay scale. I couldn't seem to find any. Does anyone have a link to a pay scale?

Thanks
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 pm

PHB wrote:I was looking at the BC Transit Police website looking for their pay scale. I couldn't seem to find any. Does anyone have a link to a pay scale?

Thanks

Haven't found an official list but this is an indication.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLo ... ID=1566321

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 pm

This inspired me to do a search, of common user names I use I could also be body builder and have an account with "okcupid" while living in California, lol.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Tango5 wrote:
PHB wrote:I was looking at the BC Transit Police website looking for their pay scale. I couldn't seem to find any. Does anyone have a link to a pay scale?

Thanks

Haven't found an official list but this is an indication.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLo ... ID=1566321

That is some big money. Imagine being a retired member than working for them.

Cha Ching!!!
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Yep, pension plus this. They would pay in taxes though but still. Nice.
There are quite a few retired members working for TAPS

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Ok well can you give me some advice??? Tango5???

And what do u mean i'm awaiting a ride, its most likely later this week...

I dont understand what you are trying to say to me

edit: I looked through the results, 90 percent of the Gabrielxh accountss have 0 posts and no activity... And there must be more then one "gabrielxh" because i am not a stock trader... nor can i type in brazillean -.-

Oh if your wondering why im in a grade 11 class, its because im grade 11 :)
"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't"

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Gabrielxh wrote:Ok well can you give me some advice??? Tango5???

And what do u mean i'm awaiting a ride, its most likely later this week...

I dont understand what you are trying to say to me

edit: I looked through the results, 90 percent of the Gabrielxh accountss have 0 posts and no activity... And there must be more then one "gabrielxh" because i am not a stock trader... nor can i type in brazillean -.-

Oh if your wondering why im in a grade 11 class, its because im grade 11 :)

You have admitted (more than once), no reason to explain. I could post some of your gaming conversations but, nah.

Yah, thanks for the G11 tip.
Awaiting -- > this will be covered in G12

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Tango5,

I have done nothing wrong to you, or have i ever been rude to you at any point. You went out of your way to search me on the internet and post on a public forum about the activity you found. And when i ask for advice, you ignore my questions completely, i don't understand why you are taking this sort of position against me.

And i don't think you understand what sort of sites these are. The sites are not to "hack games" to get them for free, or to steal the games. Combat Arms is a free game (Google it!)

I completely understand that Hacking in a game is not "Ethical" and i should not be doing it in the first place. I have not been on any of those sites for a while. In fact, i don't even play those games anymore. (I play League of Legends now)

I respect your opinion completely, and i don't mean any disrespect towards you in this message. I know that your an A/CST and probably a lot more knowledgeable then i am.

This is specifically why i asked for your advice, i even messaged you!

You can search through all the posts i made in this forum, not one was ever disrespectful to anyone. If anything, i posted about how much i respect the police, and the positive experiences i have encountered with them.

I just don't understand why it seems like your just out to embarrass me on an internet forum. I would appreciate any constructive criticism or advice you can give me. Sure i, will admit that i torrent once in a while, YES i did use hacks on a free game. I understand this reflects poorly on my character. And i accept full responsibility for my actions. And i am trying to improve myself!

It just puzzles me why your acting with such a malicious intent, as if i did something bad to you. When infact, i never met you before until today on this forum.

Sorry for the Wall of Text

And once again, i do not mean to be disrespectful to anyone on this forum.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Gabriel, look.

I am not trying to get you or embarrass you.
I have gambled and called you on gaming, it worked.
You stated that there is nothing illegal in what you do but then admitted that you have accounts at game cracking sites. You did this in this thread and a PM to me.
You have posted that you are awaiting a ride-along with GVTAPS, I haven't heard of a Service giving rides to G11 students.
I wasn't aware of your age, even when you posted that you are in grade 11 I thought that you are pulling our strings.
So, yes, I might had been to harsh considering your age.

Advice?, stay clean, don't do any stupid things, stay in school.
Trying to delete your accounts out there is senseless as most sides won't let you do that. What's done is done, improve - that's all.

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:39 pm

just bang each other and get it over with.

$75 grand a year would not put them # 1 or # 2 in Canada.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Tango5 wrote:Gabriel, look.

I am not trying to get you or embarrass you.
I have gambled and called you on gaming, it worked.
You stated that there is nothing illegal in what you do but then admitted that you have accounts at game cracking sites. You did this in this thread and a PM to me.
You have posted that you are awaiting a ride-along with GVTAPS, I haven't heard of a Service giving rides to G11 students.
I wasn't aware of your age, even when you posted that you are in grade 11 I thought that you are pulling our strings.
So, yes, I might had been to harsh considering your age.

Advice?, stay clean, don't do any stupid things, stay in school.
Trying to delete your accounts out there is senseless as most sides won't let you do that. What's done is done, improve - that's all.

Ok, thanks alot... I really do appreciate your advice. And to be honest, i'm glad you called me on my Gaming Hack Accounts, I was not even aware of how poorly that reflected on me untill today, and i think its better that i know whats out there on the internet about me then to not know.

Once again, sorry if i was ever rude towards you, Be assured, i have nothing but the highest respect for our police officers, Auxillary or not.

And for the age matter, I can assure you i'm grade 11. I bumped into (Edited) on my way home from school (Burnaby South). And i'm not sure about the ride along policy, (Edited) didn't say for sure if i could come, he gave me his business card and told me to email him because he said he was going to check. He emailed me back and said it was possible i could come. The only condition was that my parents had to sign a consent form.

From now on i'm going to make sure i don't go on any game hacking sites or torrent sites.

Thanks again for your advice!

-Gabriel H
Last edited by Gabrielxh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabrielxh
Rookie Member

Postby Gabrielxh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:42 pm

meathead1 wrote:just bang each other and get it over with.

$75 grand a year would not put them # 1 or # 2 in Canada.

Oh by the way, i remember (Edited) saying something that the year they published that report, All the SCBCTAPS Staff was forced to work overtime during the olympics, so i guess the numbers are skewed.
Last edited by Gabrielxh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.