Hired!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Highland2012

Re: Hired!

Postby Highland2012 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:05 pm
Hi guys

I was sworn in today as a provincial correctional officer! I am very nervous but excited for this next step in my life! I would still rather be a police officer but that will have to wait until a later date!

Also, Fonthill, I hope you're reading this! I couldn't help but think of you and your posts here since I believe you are an Ontario CO!
Congrats my friend! Being a CO is a goldmine for experience. I learned a lot from that job, and carry that experience everyday with me as a sheriff. Similar to you, I hope to get into policing as well and every bit of experience helps, especially being a CO! You should be proud of yourself, corrections is a very difficult and often overlooked job. It takes a special kind of person to be a CO and you and your family should be proud for stepping up to the challenge to help keep us all a little safer.

Besides the regular training, there are a lot of resources available to you to learn how to conduct yourself on your range, make sure to take it seriously. As you will no doubt come to learn, there's a lot of mind games to be had in a prison both involving both staff and inmates prison politics. If I can offer you a little piece of advice, its to treat others with respect, keep your word, and leave your ego at the door.
RCMP
July19 Re-Inserted
July19 Psy- Done
Aug19 Med Exam- Pass
Oct19 Psy Int- Pass
Nov19 Med Clearance- pass
Nov19 SC submitted
Dec19 SP submitted
Feb20 Phone Int- pass
Feb20 Rit Int- pass
Mar 20 Poly- pass
May 20 BG- pass
SC in process
Troop:TBD

Pete Broccolo

Re: Hired!

Postby Pete Broccolo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:42 pm

I am going to lock this thread, as I never did understand why it was started.

Keep posting your, "Hey, doofs! I got hired by Pinky PS!!", in the specific Agency thread, since we have enough of them, or create one if you can not find it after actually searching for it.

I hope to go through this thread and move the posts to the specific Agency thread, but it may take until I die (planned for Tuesday, as none of my plans ever go through anyways!).

Your misunderstanding is hilarious.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)