Hired!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
alexgue89
Rookie Member

Re: Hired!

Postby alexgue89 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:34 pm

kiloseven wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 pm
with OPC going ahead in June...would the various police services know how many seats they would have yet? I'm assuming they would be running reduced numbers for this intake to allow some distancing etc?
Don’t think numbers will be reduced. Peel for example was gonna take 45 but increased that number by 10 as 60 spots opened up now that TPS is gonna do a pilot where they do no OPC and all training in house for their 60 recruits.
Special Constable

Rookie Member

Postby 11017181 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:13 am

alexgue89 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:34 pm
kiloseven wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 pm
with OPC going ahead in June...would the various police services know how many seats they would have yet? I'm assuming they would be running reduced numbers for this intake to allow some distancing etc?
Don’t think numbers will be reduced. Peel for example was gonna take 45 but increased that number by 10 as 60 spots opened up now that TPS is gonna do a pilot where they do no OPC and all training in house for their 60 recruits.
That is interesting to hear. I was told that they are going with a full complement of 464 recruits. Starting June 24th going through to Sept 6th. Classes will be Monday - Saturday to catch up on the time missed.
Has anyone received confirmation of their spot at OPC? My department is still waiting for that information.
Ontario Correctional Officer 2016-2019

OPP Wannabe
Rookie Member

Postby OPP Wannabe » Sun May 31, 2020 6:12 am

Sorry I have been MIA! :pistols:

• not a full compliment due to toronto not attending this intake (unsure about anyone else opting out and waiting until September)

• peel has not received confirmation to add the +10 recruits yet, however they have asked for it

• my understanding is you are to report down on the 22nd and or 23rd and classes start on the 24th

• no graduation / march — graduation date is Sept 1
(that week at the very least based on curriculum)

Will update when I hear more, all the best to those attending and especially have fun to our OPP recruits attending!

X.