Hired!

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Hired!

Postby devilwoman » Tue May 30, 2017 6:16 pm

^Just a FYI. Most offers, even when hired, are conditional. So it's best to just keep your head down.

Even if Van didn't have a specific position on the forum, rudeness isn't cool nor warranted.
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

timg87
Rookie Member

Postby timg87 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 am

The guy made a comment out of excitement and gets a backhand of formality "training isn't being hired" who cares..... let the kid have his moment ...Hop off was a tad unnecessary and juvenile...but so is jumping on the kid when hes obviously just excited..... we have enough downers in this world....and many of us spend 12 hrs a day dealing with them.

Stay humble....work hard and be safe.

Good luck Bacon!
Previous: Correctional Officer 2
Current: Transit Special Constable

Always willing to help and answer general questions..private msgs with specific questions are welcomed.

baconman91
Rookie Member

Postby baconman91 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:23 pm

timg87 wrote:The guy made a comment out of excitement and gets a backhand of formality "training isn't being hired" who cares..... let the kid have his moment ...Hop off was a tad unnecessary and juvenile...but so is jumping on the kid when hes obviously just excited..... we have enough downers in this world....and many of us spend 12 hrs a day dealing with them.

Good luck Bacon!

Thanks!! Super Pumped!
CO2 MCSC

khal9507
Rookie Member

Postby khal9507 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:22 am

After 2 years of trying, several no's from multiple services... beyond excited to go to OPC in September. Never give up and work hard!

~Khal

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:41 pm

VanSmack wrote:
timg87 wrote:The guy made a comment out of excitement and gets a backhand of formality "training isn't being hired" who cares..... let the kid have his moment ...Hop off was a tad unnecessary and juvenile...but so is jumping on the kid when hes obviously just excited..... we have enough downers in this world....and many of us spend 12 hrs a day dealing with them.

Good luck Bacon!

:roll:

Again, both VS and I provide the hard-view of the Force to keep every candidate grounded - too many on here seem to think its a done deal, but we have see those deals disappear due to bad attitudes, particularly when it comes to the realization that they will NOT be able to sleep in their own little race-car bed at Mom and Dad's after finding out their first post is the other side of Kanata.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)

jrscout
Rookie Member

Postby jrscout » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Had the immense pleasure of accepting my offer with EPS today! RTC #141 comin' in hot! Surreal!!! :D
Application - March 11th
ACT/APCAT - March 11th
APREP - April 10th
BDI - April 25th
PDI - May 17th
Medical - May 31st
Poly - June 1st
Psych - June 1st
Background - June 20th '17-July 4th
"The Call" - July 28th
RTC #141 - August 14th

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:34 pm

jrscout wrote:Had the immense pleasure of accepting my offer with EPS today! RTC #141 comin' in hot! Surreal!!! :D

Congrats! I hope to see more posts on this thread. We can use more good people on the frontline.

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 pm

jrscout wrote:Had the immense pleasure of accepting my offer with EPS today! RTC #141 comin' in hot! Surreal!!! :D

Congrats, be safe and take care of yourself first and foremost!

MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member

Postby MasterPlanMan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 pm

To quote a hero of mine "Welcome to the party pal!"

Hattie
Veteran Member
Location: Here. Sometimes over there. Or other times over by that tree...

Postby Hattie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:43 am

At this point in time I can finally say I have officially been HIRED by the Province of Alberta, Justice & Solicitor General. :mrgreen: Probation is 100% complete and was the final condition of employment. Been a long year and I am so thankful to have gone through the process. Just 32ish more years to go! :thumbsup: :P Good luck to everyone still in the process with their respective agency/force and always stay positive.
Humour and sarcasm are my default options. Except on Tuesdays.

raptorsfan
Rookie Member

Postby raptorsfan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. Last week I accepted an offer for the position of Special Constable. Absolutely thrilled to finally be working in law enforcement! Still can't believe it, it feels unreal.
POLICE OFFICER

EsivarT
Rookie Member

Postby EsivarT » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:18 pm

raptorsfan wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Last week I accepted an offer for the position of Special Constable. Absolutely thrilled to finally be working in law enforcement! Still can't believe it, it feels unreal.

Congratulations!
York Auxiliary

bunnel
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby bunnel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 am

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Conner4
Rookie Member

Postby Conner4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Can’t believe I’m able to type in the section of the forum.... got my verbal offer from YRP today. Unreal feeling.... been trying for years, very humbling and extensive process but it is already worth all those life lessons, good luck everyone in your respective processes