Interview for CO?!any tips???

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
dc1013
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby dc1013 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:16 am

going for an interview for CO soon, any interview tips?much appreciated

User avatar
Bubbles1993
Regular Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: NS
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby Bubbles1993 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:31 am

CO? Correctional Officer? Conservation Officer? Court Officer?

What province? For the feds?

Did you search the forums at all?

:popcorn:
To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.

- Oscar Wilde

User avatar
mistero
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby mistero » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:49 am

He doesn't know!

:D

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

User avatar
mack_silent
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 am
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby mack_silent » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 pm

..
Last edited by mack_silent on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

User avatar
Buffalo8
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby Buffalo8 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Try not to be nervous, and just be your positive natural self!
Scientia est potentia. Scio me nihil scire. Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur. Vincit qui se vincit.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 am
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Buffalo8 wrote:Try not to be nervous, and just be your positive natural self!

...only better prepared. :D

dc1013
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby dc1013 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Bubbles1993 wrote:CO? Correctional Officer? Conservation Officer? Court Officer?

What province? For the feds?

Did you search the forums at all?

:popcorn:


correctional officer in ON

im new to the forums, kinda nervous about the interview so i just posted the thread, maybe i will search the forum to see if i can find anything, thanks

User avatar
CBR600F4i
Seasoned Member
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby CBR600F4i » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:12 am

dc1013 wrote:im new to the forums, kinda nervous about the interview so i just posted the thread, maybe i will search the forum to see if i can find anything, thanks


Relax. Just wear a suit, be on time and explain to them that you have a pulse and can fog a mirror no problem. If you can say that you have never taken a sick day in your previous job you're hired.

I jest - on a serious note congratulations. I don't remember my interview, but I was probably as excited then as you are now. You'll do fine.

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby Bitterman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:08 am

Come back and let us know how it went/what they asked...
I'd be interested in hearing about how they go about it these days...
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

User avatar
mistero
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby mistero » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 am

So Ontario Corrections started to hire again? I guess they've completed their revamping.

User avatar
Bitterman
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby Bitterman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:29 pm

mistero wrote:So Ontario Corrections started to hire again? I guess they've completed their revamping.



Completed ... No. I bet not.

Testing out their new process... perhaps.

Either way... Good luck.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

User avatar
Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby Apollo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I think this guy has an interview for federal corrections in Ontario region. He doesn't know the difference.

dc1013
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby dc1013 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Bitterman wrote:
mistero wrote:So Ontario Corrections started to hire again? I guess they've completed their revamping.



Completed ... No. I bet not.

Testing out their new process... perhaps.

Either way... Good luck.


thank you,

i would assume it is their new process

it appears to be a bit different from how people have described here, including application packages and all

however, i am curious if anyone may know, how long does it take to go from interview to training and what other steps are in between

dc1013
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby dc1013 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Apollo wrote:I think this guy has an interview for federal corrections in Ontario region. He doesn't know the difference.


my apology, im not very familiar with this forum

ToyCopp
Regular Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: Interview for CO?!any tips???

Postby ToyCopp » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 pm

dc1013 wrote:
Apollo wrote:I think this guy has an interview for federal corrections in Ontario region. He doesn't know the difference.


my apology, im not very familiar with this forum

:puke: Take that newb.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests