Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
cal0309
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:22 pm
Contact:

Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby cal0309 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

I was just contacted for an interview. I'm pretty nervous. Any suggestions? What kind of questions do they ask for I can prepare myself at least a little bit?

User avatar
Moe-2
Veteran Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: T.O
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby Moe-2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Know yourself.

Online
User avatar
MC07
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby MC07 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Know the duties listed in the Auxiliary brochure,

cop1122
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby cop1122 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Just passed it two weeks ago, basically its a job interview and its simple. Know the core values and auxiliary program!!! Anyone know when does the background start since its only 2 weeks after my interview!!! Worried about the background!!

cal0309
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby cal0309 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks for your input. I've looked at the auxiliary website so many times I think I know the duties and values off my heart. As for the background, dont they just call your references and employers and such?

cop1122
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby cop1122 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:23 pm

Cause My high school marks are really bad, as for everything-I'm clean. Just worrying if it would effect my background check!! Just wait and CC

Soxpomox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 am
Contact:

Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby Soxpomox » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:35 pm

REMOVED
Last edited by Soxpomox on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: LLL Division
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby pukie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 pm

-Age 20, was pulled over for speeding and issued a ticket, I felt I wasn't going as fast as the officer said so I fought that in court and the charges were dropped.



I don't believe you and most PO's on this site won't either. Maybe go back and tell us the 100% truth and you may get some help.

Soxpomox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 am
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby Soxpomox » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:27 pm

pukie wrote:
-Age 20, was pulled over for speeding and issued a ticket, I felt I wasn't going as fast as the officer said so I fought that in court and the charges were dropped.



I don't believe you and most PO's on this site won't either. Maybe go back and tell us the 100% truth and you may get some help.


That is the truth, I felt the officer made a bad judgement call so I took it to court. The courts believed me and the charges were completely dropped, so I don't see why you are making this an issue. Why do you think I would lie about that anyways?

...and the point isn't that I thought the officer was wrong, it's that I WASN'T charged with the offence.

Can we please get back on topic? I don't even know why you are challenging me on this, pukie, because the fact I thought the officer was wrong is irrelevant here. I'd appreciate it if you were more helpful instead of nitpicking through my post to challenge me on something as irrelevant as me thinking the officer was wrong.

cal0309
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto Police Auxiliary Interview

Postby cal0309 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Ok so I got another call from TPS saying the interview spots are full and they are over booked. They said they are doing more interviews at the end of Nov begining of Dec. Does anyone know how many spots are available? How competitive is the auxiliary program because now Im feeling worried

User avatar
Moe-2
Veteran Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: T.O
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby Moe-2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:47 pm

I felt the officer made a bad judgement


So let me get this....YOU were speeding...YOU made the decision to speed...YOU got caught speeding...and the officer made the bad judgment and was wrong for catching you speeding..wow...good for you. Explain that during your interview. I bet they will pass you on the spot.

Good Luck

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: LLL Division
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby pukie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Soxpomox wrote:Can we please get back on topic? I don't even know why you are challenging me on this, pukie, because the fact I thought the officer was wrong is irrelevant here. I'd appreciate it if you were more helpful instead of nitpicking through my post to challenge me on something as irrelevant as me thinking the officer was wrong.



You don't like my nitpicking. I don't think you will like the interview process too much as the interviewers will nitpick you to no end.

Good Luck!

Soxpomox
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 am
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby Soxpomox » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Moe-2 wrote:
I felt the officer made a bad judgement


So let me get this....YOU were speeding...YOU made the decision to speed...YOU got caught speeding...and the officer made the bad judgment and was wrong for catching you speeding..wow...good for you. Explain that during your interview. I bet they will pass you on the spot.

Good Luck


HOW I FELT ABOUT THE OFFICER IS IRRELEVANT! THERE WERE MULTIPLE REASONS I FOUGHT THE TICKET AND IT WASN'T JUST BECAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS WRONG...HE WROTE AN INTERSECTION THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST AND SAID I WAS ON A STREET THAT WAS 4 KM AWAY, SO YES, HE MADE A COUPLE BIG MISTAKES AND I SHOWED THIS TO THE PROSECUTORS AND THEY DROPPED THE CHARGES. I NEVER SAID I WASN'T SPEEDING, I SAID I WASN'T GOING AS FAST AS THE OFFICER THOUGHT I WAS. HE DIDN'T EVEN RADAR ME...AND THE FACT THAT HE MADE SUCH HUGE MISTAKES WHEN WRITING THE TICKET ALSO TELLS ME HE COULD HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN ABOUT MY SPEED.

Back on topic please. I'm looking for help to get through the interview successfully, not for you guys to come and scrutinize me over irrelevant facts. I CAN STILL TELL THE INTERVIEWER ABOUT THAT INTERACTION AND LEAVE OUT THAT I THOUGHT THE OFFICER WAS WRONG BECAUSE IT IS IRRELEVANT! WHAT IS RELEVANT IS I WAS NOT CHARGED.

I'm just going to edit my first post and take out that I thought the officer was wrong, SO CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON!?!?

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: LLL Division
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby pukie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 pm

If the interviewer challenges you on the topic like we are, are you going to yell at them also?

You've got thin skin....move along.

User avatar
Moe-2
Veteran Member
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: T.O
Contact:

Re: Auxiliary Police Interview - TPS

Postby Moe-2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Soxpomox wrote:
Moe-2 wrote:
I felt the officer made a bad judgement


So let me get this....YOU were speeding...YOU made the decision to speed...YOU got caught speeding...and the officer made the bad judgment and was wrong for catching you speeding..wow...good for you. Explain that during your interview. I bet they will pass you on the spot.

Good Luck


HOW I FELT ABOUT THE OFFICER IS IRRELEVANT! THERE WERE MULTIPLE REASONS I FOUGHT THE TICKET AND IT WASN'T JUST BECAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS WRONG...HE WROTE AN INTERSECTION THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST AND SAID I WAS ON A STREET THAT WAS 4 KM AWAY, SO YES, HE MADE A COUPLE BIG MISTAKES AND I SHOWED THIS TO THE PROSECUTORS AND THEY DROPPED THE CHARGES. I NEVER SAID I WASN'T SPEEDING, I SAID I WASN'T GOING AS FAST AS THE OFFICER THOUGHT I WAS. HE DIDN'T EVEN RADAR ME...AND THE FACT THAT HE MADE SUCH HUGE MISTAKES WHEN WRITING THE TICKET ALSO TELLS ME HE COULD HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN ABOUT MY SPEED.

Back on topic please. I'm looking for help to get through the interview successfully, not for you guys to come and scrutinize me over irrelevant facts. I CAN STILL TELL THE INTERVIEWER ABOUT THAT INTERACTION AND LEAVE OUT THAT I THOUGHT THE OFFICER WAS WRONG BECAUSE IT IS IRRELEVANT! WHAT IS RELEVANT IS I WAS NOT CHARGED.

I'm just going to edit my first post and take out that I thought the officer was wrong, SO CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON!?!?


Sure there!! Explain that to the interviewer. Be accountable for your actions. And I bet the only reason they dropped it wasn't cause of your piss poor testimony.

And an officer is not required to show you the speed on the radar; no matter how much you "disagree" with the speed. I never use a radar to catch speeders such as yourself. And haven't lost one yet in court.

Good luck once again!! Care to share with us if you also have any criminal charges you also disagree with.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cwilloner, Georgyirawo, Google [Bot], ktb89, MC07, schrute.farms and 14 guests