Experienced officer application

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Barney1
Rookie Member

Experienced officer application

Postby Barney1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:03 pm

I was hoping someone could help me out with something. I currenlty have an application in with the OPP as an expericence officer. I am waiting for the interview date and was wondering if anyone knew what I could expect in regards to what the interview was like?

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs

Re: Experienced officer application

Postby pukie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:42 pm

grassisgreener wrote:I was hoping someone could help me out with something. I currenlty have an application in with the OPP as an expericence officer. I am waiting for the interview date and was wondering if anyone knew what I could expect in regards to what the interview was like?

It depends how much time you have on as a PC which determines which type of interview you get. And yes, I am speaking from experience.

Barney1
Rookie Member

Postby Barney1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:45 pm

I have been on for over 8 years.
Smile and wave boys.......Smile...and....wave

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 pm

The background is pretty thorough. I was interviewed for a guy I know who tried to lateral over. Wanted me to describe his drinking habits and whatnot.

CO

toomuch
Rookie Member

Postby toomuch » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:51 pm

FWIW, when I was in Orillia updating my MMPI-2, there was TPS constable doing a lateral interview. The walls were pretty thin, and it sounded pretty intense. The officers conducting the interview sounded like they were hammering him on a few situations.

Barney1
Rookie Member

Postby Barney1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks for responding. I just hope my own service doesn't find out. We are pretty small. They just my institute a new position for me -- dog sanitation expert for the parks.
Smile and wave boys.......Smile...and....wave

Grassynarrows
Poobah Overlord

Postby Grassynarrows » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

The interview i did for experienced wasnt too bad PM Me for some insight.
Be professional and methodical. Take ownership of the situation. Look, listen and understand what is really being said and you will never have to walk away from an incident wondering if you missed something. Make every contact with the public count.

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Mine was frankly pretty tough, but I heard after talking to others that it really depended on who conducts the interview. It was a pretty standard interview with a big focus on police-related stuff (your work history and training etc), including a knowledge portion.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?