Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

rjg
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby rjg » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:51 pm

futurecoppa42 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:12 pm
rjg wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:40 pm
futurecoppa42 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:30 am
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has received an email to notify them about upcoming LFA's? For the coming months March?
Hey I got an email on March 4th, and attended LFA on March 6th. I can confirm that they asked us to be ready to run the shuttle in the afternoon, after the PBQ in the AM 6 of us were asked to return the same day for the shuttle run.
Good to hear, I wish you all the best throughout the process! When did you apply to Peel?
Thanks. I put my in my application in October.

subbie

Postby subbie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am

I applied in June of 2018. Had my LFA Jan 17th. I was asked to stay and do the psych that afternoon but had to work. My in depth was this past Friday. I have my psych at the end of the month. They are looking for the fall class now as I gathered.
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

hrcn0082
Rookie Member

Postby hrcn0082 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:43 pm

I applied to Peel 2017, I didn't get a call for PBQ or LFI
I am going to apply again!
Wish me luck!
Tps
Application: April 15th, 2019
PBQ/LFI: May 14th, 2019
ECI/LFI: May 23rd, 2019
MMPI-2: June 5th, 2019
Psychological Assessment: June 14th, 2019
Deferral Letter: June 21st, 2019

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:09 am

hrcn0082 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:43 pm
I applied to Peel 2017, I didn't get a call for PBQ or LFI
I am going to apply again!
Wish me luck!
Best of luck. I really enjoy Peel.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

thatblackjeff
Rookie Member

Postby thatblackjeff » Thu May 23, 2019 3:50 pm

This is my first post on the forum so apologies in advance if I say anything stupid ;)

Any more updates with any other applicants from Peel? I've been told like others above that they are looking to fill the August class now. I'm just waiting on my Home Visit, Medical and Board as far as I know. Fingers crossed!

My application was in waiting limbo for a few months but has sped up rapidly, so hopefully that's a good sign!

future7
Rookie Member

Postby future7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if an applicant can be deferred by any police service if he/she wasn't successful with other police services during the interview stage. For example: I have my interview coming up with peel so not being successful with York during the interview stage, would that have negative effect?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:39 pm

future7 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:20 pm
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if an applicant can be deferred by any police service if he/she wasn't successful with other police services during the interview stage. For example: I have my interview coming up with peel so not being successful with York during the interview stage, would that have negative effect?
Depends why you failed it. Services all talk amongst one another.

mrtinfoilman
Rookie Member

Postby mrtinfoilman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 pm

I know a guy who received a call for the second interview with Peel but he said the call he received was by "unknown" or "Private" number at the time and didn't think of it until he found out 2 months later and got deferred because he missed the call.

They didn't leave a voice mail or anything or send a letter. Has this happened to anyone.

duartepe
Rookie Member

Postby duartepe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:58 am

mrtinfoilman wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 pm
I know a guy who received a call for the second interview with Peel but he said the call he received was by "unknown" or "Private" number at the time and didn't think of it until he found out 2 months later and got deferred because he missed the call.

They didn't leave a voice mail or anything or send a letter. Has this happened to anyone.
I don't think he got deferred because of one missed call. They will hold you if they think you are a competitive applicant for them. They will follow up with a voicemail or email. Also, Probably the "unknown" number wasn't from them. just my 2 cents

MasterPlanMan

Postby MasterPlanMan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:58 pm

Yeah... Services are hurting for people right now. If he was competitive and they wanted him to move forward, why would they do something so silly as to leave it up to him answering a randomly timed phone call. It just does not happen and it makes no sense.

mrtinfoilman
Rookie Member

Postby mrtinfoilman » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:41 pm

duartepe wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:58 am
mrtinfoilman wrote:

I don't think he got deferred because of one missed call. They will hold you if they think you are a competitive applicant for them. They will follow up with a voicemail or email. Also, Probably the "unknown" number wasn't from them. just my 2 cents
There were some holes in his story. The guy is an acquaintance but I didn't want to press him on it. He seems genuinely pissed off about it to this day, so I don't think he was lying. He said it was for his second interview that he missed the call for. He said he went and asked and they told him he has to start his application all over again.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 am

mrtinfoilman wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:41 pm
duartepe wrote:
mrtinfoilman wrote:

There were some holes in his story. The guy is an acquaintance but I didn't want to press him on it. He seems genuinely pissed off about it to this day, so I don't think he was lying. He said it was for his second interview that he missed the call for. He said he went and asked and they told him he has to start his application all over again.
I can tell you for a fact that he lied to you. As you already alluded to, that story doesn't even make any sense. I remember that I missed the call because I was at work. They left a message and I returned the call. That's the fakest news I've heard on this thread lol.

mrtinfoilman
Rookie Member

Postby mrtinfoilman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:21 am

Slovak4188 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:47 am
mrtinfoilman wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:41 pm
duartepe wrote:

I can tell you for a fact that he lied to you. As you already alluded to, that story doesn't even make any sense. I remember that I missed the call because I was at work. They left a message and I returned the call. That's the fakest news I've heard on this thread lol.
Well, if I get an opportunity to talk to him again, I'll ask haha. MAYBE he didn't have voicemail????! Or the letter for the second interview fell out of the postmans bag while he was running away from dogs.

Wish Stannis The Mannis was still alive. He would know the real truth.