Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

ROVER1991
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby ROVER1991 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:....why are you going to an info session if you're in the middle of the process? Lol.

If you want to get "your name out there", go to volunteering events, not a session that's meant for people whom are looking to apply.

Hey Slovak4188,

Would you be open to myself PM'ing you?
It is in regards to the hiring process.

Let me know, and do not feel obligated of course,

Regards,

ROVER1991

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm

ROVER1991 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:....why are you going to an info session if you're in the middle of the process? Lol.

If you want to get "your name out there", go to volunteering events, not a session that's meant for people whom are looking to apply.

Hey Slovak4188,

Would you be open to myself PM'ing you?
It is in regards to the hiring process.

Let me know, and do not feel obligated of course,

Regards,

ROVER1991
PM me, i dont mind.
LEO

ROVER1991
Rookie Member

Postby ROVER1991 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Anybody in the process for 19-01? Receive any emails or calls for the medical assessment dates in November? Any updates or am I on an island in this thread?

Cheers.

futurecoppa42
Rookie Member

Postby futurecoppa42 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently submitted my application with the Peel Regional Police roughly at the end of September. I believe it was roughly around September 28th. Again, I understand the saying "No news is good news", but I was wondering if anyone else has applied around the same time as me, and has heard back? When I submitted my application I did not receive a confirmation email stating that they have in fact received my application. Should I contact the recruitment team to see where I stand? Or continue to wait?

Any suggestions on what to do moving forward? I did not receive any emails stating I was denied, so I assume I am still active in the process?

Thanks guys!

lameparm
Rookie Member

Postby lameparm » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:07 pm

futurecoppa42 wrote:Hi everyone,

I recently submitted my application with the Peel Regional Police roughly at the end of September. I believe it was roughly around September 28th. Again, I understand the saying "No news is good news", but I was wondering if anyone else has applied around the same time as me, and has heard back? When I submitted my application I did not receive a confirmation email stating that they have in fact received my application. Should I contact the recruitment team to see where I stand? Or continue to wait?

Any suggestions on what to do moving forward? I did not receive any emails stating I was denied, so I assume I am still active in the process?

Thanks guys!
I applied around the same time as you and around a week I got the confirmation that "my application was under review" and I've yet to receive nothing since and it has made me feel slightly discouraged but I also understand that peel gets hundreds of applications

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:59 pm

lameparm wrote:
futurecoppa42 wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks guys!
I applied around the same time as you and around a week I got the confirmation that "my application was under review" and I've yet to receive nothing since and it has made me feel slightly discouraged but I also understand that peel gets hundreds of applications
Thousands**
LEO

rookie0727
Rookie Member

Postby rookie0727 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Hey,

I just applied to Peel last monday and had a few questions hopefully someone can answer.

1. When would be the next LFI sessions/date roughly be?
2. How long does the overall process take for this service?
3. Does Peel still test Prep and Pin in one day or has this been changed as per the removal of the COR at OPC?

Some of these questions were asked before however its been years and I was wondering if there were any changes.

Thanks In Advance!
:D :D :D :D

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:53 pm

rookie0727 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Hey,

I just applied to Peel last monday and had a few questions hopefully someone can answer.

3. Does Peel still test Prep and Pin in one day or has this been changed as per the removal of the COR at OPC?

Some of these questions were asked before however its been years and I was wondering if there were any changes.

Thanks In Advance!
1) . Impossible to know, depends on how many qualified applicants they get.
2) . Fastest I've heard is 2 weeks; longest is 2 years. The fellow who took 2 years is a vastly superior officer to the person who took 2 weeks, just fyi.
3) . No, everything is the same and Peel in particular isn't thrilled to hear about OPC foregoing physical testing, which means to account for that, Peel will likely become even more difficult in terms of physical testing.
LEO

rookie0727
Rookie Member

Postby rookie0727 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:53 pm
rookie0727 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Hey,

Thanks In Advance!
1) . Impossible to know, depends on how many qualified applicants they get.
2) . Fastest I've heard is 2 weeks; longest is 2 years. The fellow who took 2 years is a vastly superior officer to the person who took 2 weeks, just fyi.
3) . No, everything is the same and Peel in particular isn't thrilled to hear about OPC foregoing physical testing, which means to account for that, Peel will likely become even more difficult in terms of physical testing.
Thanks!

Cadet0406
Rookie Member

Postby Cadet0406 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Hey

I recently applied to Peel, It has been a month and I have not received the Personal History Form, which I believe means your application has been processed. How long does it generally take to receive the PHF? Thanks !

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Cadet0406 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:32 pm
Hey

I recently applied to Peel, It has been a month and I have not received the Personal History Form, which I believe means your application has been processed. How long does it generally take to receive the PHF? Thanks !
Depends how competitive you are, please see above post. Just because you applied doesn't mean you're going to receive a history form.

I applied and did a PBQ with York years ago and after that, didn't hear a thing until a year later when I got the letter in the mail stating I was being taken out of the process.
LEO

bren.b
Rookie Member

Postby bren.b » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 am

Hey there,
I do apologize if this isn’t the correct place to post my question. I’d greatly appreciate it if you can reply and let me know where I can post this for a better response. I do appreciate any feed back

This is a situation I went through with my last employer. I had worked for a security company for three years with no problems and no write ups. In the last three months of working there the site received a new manager. The manager and I did not become really close as he worked days and I worked evening and nights. I have my two week resignation to the manager as I was hired for a new job. With one week left I allowed one of my friends to come visit me ( female) the next day I was told not to come into work for the rest of the week. I was called into head office of the company to speak to the site manager. He showed me pictures of my self and the female going inside one of the tenant lunch rooms. My uniform shirt was untucked and I was holding an energy drink. He informed me that I was not to return to work and explained this looked bad on my part. I explained to him that nothing happened and that my friend from out of town was visiting and wanted to see me. I had never been fired and I’m worried that this would make impact my credibility as a person. I understand that a police officer must always follow the rules and I do. After months of being at my current job I have built a strong relationship with my manager and been recognized for my outstanding work. I do plan on applying to peel but before I do should I get into contact with the manager and speak to him or maybe even the union to clear my name?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:32 am

bren.b wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 am
Hey there,
I do apologize if this isn’t the correct place to post my question. I’d greatly appreciate it if you can reply and let me know where I can post this for a better response. I do appreciate any feed back

This is a situation I went through with my last employer. I had worked for a security company for three years with no problems and no write ups. In the last three months of working there the site received a new manager. The manager and I did not become really close as he worked days and I worked evening and nights. I have my two week resignation to the manager as I was hired for a new job. With one week left I allowed one of my friends to come visit me ( female) the next day I was told not to come into work for the rest of the week. I was called into head office of the company to speak to the site manager. He showed me pictures of my self and the female going inside one of the tenant lunch rooms. My uniform shirt was untucked and I was holding an energy drink. He informed me that I was not to return to work and explained this looked bad on my part. I explained to him that nothing happened and that my friend from out of town was visiting and wanted to see me. I had never been fired and I’m worried that this would make impact my credibility as a person. I understand that a police officer must always follow the rules and I do. After months of being at my current job I have built a strong relationship with my manager and been recognized for my outstanding work. I do plan on applying to peel but before I do should I get into contact with the manager and speak to him or maybe even the union to clear my name?
You could also just take responsibility for your actions lol. No offense, but that doesn't really look professional no matter how you spin it and trying to hide it/excuse it/rectify it may actually look worse. I would just own up to it if I were you and bring it up in the PBQ and any subsequent interview. Almost everyone has had some sort of slip up at work, especially if you've been working as long as most people have.
LEO

rookie0727
Rookie Member

Postby rookie0727 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Hey, For those who have completed a lfa with peel, do they make you run the shuttle after?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 pm

rookie0727 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:09 pm
Hey, For those who have completed a lfa with peel, do they make you run the shuttle after?
No. Fitness is strictly judged at the pre-board fitness exam. See below for details:
https://www.peelpolice.ca/en/work-with- ... adets.aspx
LEO