Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

s4weng
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby s4weng » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:40 pm

I received a message about a LFA next week. Any one know how frequently these occur?

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:25 pm

s4weng wrote:I received a message about a LFA next week. Any one know how frequently these occur?
Often.

They fly through them generally as there are 1000's of applicants to peel.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

s4weng
Rookie Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby s4weng » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
s4weng wrote:I received a message about a LFA next week. Any one know how frequently these occur?
Often.

They fly through them generally as there are 1000's of applicants to peel.
Thanks very much :)

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 pm

s4weng wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:
s4weng wrote:I received a message about a LFA next week. Any one know how frequently these occur?
Often.

They fly through them generally as there are 1000's of applicants to peel.
Thanks very much :)
You're welcome to PM me with any questions buddy. I think I'm the only Peel guy here and happy to help any way I can.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

ROVER1991
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby ROVER1991 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
s4weng wrote:I received a message about a LFA next week. Any one know how frequently these occur?
Often.

They fly through them generally as there are 1000's of applicants to peel.

I am just wondering, when it comes to the sending out of invites to the LFAs, how is that process done? Is it a first apply, first serve queue structure? or is it a selection process?

Thank you.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:07 pm

ROVER1991 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:
s4weng wrote:I received a message about a LFA next week. Any one know how frequently these occur?
Often.

They fly through them generally as there are 1000's of applicants to peel.

I am just wondering, when it comes to the sending out of invites to the LFAs, how is that process done? Is it a first apply, first serve queue structure? or is it a selection process?

Thank you.
No. That's what it used to be. I theorize they changed it last year because a lot of the people whom applied in time weren't qualified or wanted where as qualified applicants would miss the deadline for various reasons.

Now they look at the resumes and select you to come in.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

ROVER1991
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby ROVER1991 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 pm

I hope everyone is well and prepared for the "spring" weekend we are expected to have soon, just wondering if anybody can share their experience post-submitting PHF forms.

Is it normal for there to be no responses confirming that Peel recruitment has received your PHF submission or is there supposed to be an automated email or a personalized email from a recruiter/employment staff?


Cheers.

classic19
Rookie Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:29 am

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby classic19 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:48 pm

ROVER1991 wrote:I hope everyone is well and prepared for the "spring" weekend we are expected to have soon, just wondering if anybody can share their experience post-submitting PHF forms.

Is it normal for there to be no responses confirming that Peel recruitment has received your PHF submission or is there supposed to be an automated email or a personalized email from a recruiter/employment staff?


Cheers.
If i remember correctly you will get a personal email stating that your information is being forwarded for assessment and something along the lines of there's no guarantee on how long this process will take from somebody in recruiting. I got a response around a week after I had originally submitted all of my documentation but it definitely varies from person to person.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Pretty quiet lately here for the amount of people testing. What's going down?
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Kelseey07
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Kelseey07 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:Pretty quiet lately here for the amount of people testing. What's going down?
I'm currently waiting to hear back from sending in the additional information! I got the response that it was going off for assessment on April 26th - nothing since then.
OPP Auxiliary
Application - May 2017
Interview - August 22nd, 2017
Fingerprints - January 23, 2018
Psych - April 11, 2018

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Kelseey07 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:Pretty quiet lately here for the amount of people testing. What's going down?
I'm currently waiting to hear back from sending in the additional information! I got the response that it was going off for assessment on April 26th - nothing since then.
They're going to be doing Board Interviews soon. I wouldn't sweat it too much. I went and watched some of the pre-board PIN test applicants so things are moving along lol
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Kelseey07
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Kelseey07 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
Kelseey07 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:Pretty quiet lately here for the amount of people testing. What's going down?
I'm currently waiting to hear back from sending in the additional information! I got the response that it was going off for assessment on April 26th - nothing since then.
They're going to be doing Board Interviews soon. I wouldn't sweat it too much. I went and watched some of the pre-board PIN test applicants so things are moving along lol
Good to hear! Thanks. I'm going to go to the information session next Wednesday evening - ask some questions and get my name out there.
OPP Auxiliary
Application - May 2017
Interview - August 22nd, 2017
Fingerprints - January 23, 2018
Psych - April 11, 2018

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:06 pm

....why are you going to an info session if you're in the middle of the process? Lol.

If you want to get "your name out there", go to volunteering events, not a session that's meant for people whom are looking to apply.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

Kelseey07
Rookie Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Kelseey07 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:39 am

Slovak4188 wrote:....why are you going to an info session if you're in the middle of the process? Lol.

If you want to get "your name out there", go to volunteering events, not a session that's meant for people whom are looking to apply.
Yes, you make a good point and that's understandable.
I'm not from there to be able to go to volunteering events so it's hard for me to plan to get there for community initiatives when I'm also doing them in my home town.
I was emailing you a few weeks back - I live about 4 hours away so I'm looking at other ways to put myself out there and this is the first information session I've been able to get to.
OPP Auxiliary
Application - May 2017
Interview - August 22nd, 2017
Fingerprints - January 23, 2018
Psych - April 11, 2018

Slovak4188
Veteran Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Kelseey07 wrote:
Slovak4188 wrote:....why are you going to an info session if you're in the middle of the process? Lol.

If you want to get "your name out there", go to volunteering events, not a session that's meant for people whom are looking to apply.
Yes, you make a good point and that's understandable.
I'm not from there to be able to go to volunteering events so it's hard for me to plan to get there for community initiatives when I'm also doing them in my home town.
I was emailing you a few weeks back - I live about 4 hours away so I'm looking at other ways to put myself out there and this is the first information session I've been able to get to.
I understand that, but if you're coming all the way here to do an information session (which i explained to you makes no sense in your position) then you can come down here to volunteer at a one-day event that we run. I did it when I lived in Ottawa. Besides it may go a long way in proving you won't just jump ship if you get in with us and return home (which according to my recruiter was a huge issue not long ago and still remains so).
"Hard truths cut both ways"


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 44 guests