Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
otwobjj
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby otwobjj » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:44 am

Toronto1985 wrote:
otwobjj wrote:I applied and had my LFA interview on June the 2nd of 2016. I have been waiting to hear back ever since. Peel Police receives lots of applications, so patience is important.

They usually get back to you within 2 months, if not earlier. I would follow up if I were you.

Although some applicants move forward faster, I believe it depends on how competitive the applicant is. I feel confident in my application but I do recognize certain areas where I am less competitive than others; as such, I have to wait and that’s fair. I am thankful that I have not been deferred at this time.

I have a friend who was called back very quickly after their LFA but got deferred later and another who waited 9 months between the LFA and In-depth but got hired at the end.

Balanced1
Rookie Member

Postby Balanced1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 am

Anybody move on to psych interviews lately?

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Balanced1 wrote:Anybody move on to psych interviews lately?

I haven't heard anything since my PBQ back in Sept 2016. :shock: . Good luck with your Psych.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

Balanced1
Rookie Member

Postby Balanced1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Thank you Mjoshi12.
I'm confident that you will be contacted.
Best of luck with your other applications!

stribor45
Rookie Member

Postby stribor45 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:22 am

Has anyone attended Peel Prep practice? Is it just Prep tryouts to learn how to use equipment?

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 am

stribor45 wrote:Has anyone attended Peel Prep practice? Is it just Prep tryouts to learn how to use equipment?

Yeah thats what it is. Theirs no timing or anything, just practice using the equipment. The PREP is easy though, don't be to worried about it. When I did it 2 years ago on my first try I easily passed.

Balanced1
Rookie Member

Postby Balanced1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Has anyone gone for their psych lately? How long did it take for you to find out if you passed or failed?

Kt2011
Rookie Member

Postby Kt2011 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am

Hi everyone,

Im going to have my LFA next week with peel,
Any advise ?
does anyone know what is going to be the question they may ask?
thanks

Bkcyrus12
Rookie Member

Postby Bkcyrus12 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:02 pm

i do not have any advice but good luck and I am sure you will do fine as long you prepare yourself

Bkcyrus12
Rookie Member

Postby Bkcyrus12 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm

[quote="Kt2011"]Hi everyone,

Im going to have my LFA next week with peel,
Any advise ?
does anyone know what is going to be the question they may ask?
thanks[/quote

How was the interview?

royalwithcheese
Rookie Member

Postby royalwithcheese » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi Folks. Have submitted my application for Peel over a month ago now. Still no acknowledgement of application yet.
I take it this is normal but was wondering if anyone has a similar experience. I left voicemail with recruiting a week ago. Don't want to call them again and annoy them..

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 am

royalwithcheese wrote:Hi Folks. Have submitted my application for Peel over a month ago now. Still no acknowledgement of application yet.
I take it this is normal but was wondering if anyone has a similar experience. I left voicemail with recruiting a week ago. Don't want to call them again and annoy them..

Try emailing them. They reply a lot quicker. But I'm sure you will get the generic answer that its being looked at or they will contact you.

rohanrulz
Rookie Member

Postby rohanrulz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:09 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the testing process for the Peel Regional Police Auxiliary Unit?

Thanks.

royalwithcheese
Rookie Member

Postby royalwithcheese » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:23 am

mjoshi12 wrote:Try emailing them. They reply a lot quicker. But I'm sure you will get the generic answer that its being looked at or they will contact you.

Thank you, this was helpful!

argyll6327
Rookie Member

Postby argyll6327 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:14 am

Good morning lads and lassies,

Im looking at a career in law enforcement upon my return to canada next year and just looking for some pointers and some advice from the senior members on this forum. Had a good look through many of the threads, theres alot to take in.

A little bit about myself, I immigrated to canada with my family from scotland in the summer of 2003 at the age of 15. We settled in owen sound and I attended high school there for 4 years( never graduated). I had always wanted to be a police officer but taking the academic route, college/university was never really an option for me a combination of immaturity and having spent 8 years in high school seen to that.

I returned to the uk aged 19 and joined the armed forces(infantry) completed and improved my high school education and received a couple of NVQs from a local college done through the school of infantry(basic training) I served for 5 years done the afghan thing and various smaller deployments kenya, the falklands etc. Grew up got married had a child and decided to move on(another in a long list of unwise life choices)

I moved into the contractor sector for a few years working maritime security in the gulf of aden as an armed guard for super yuachts and commercial shipping companies and the gulf of guniea as a liason officer to the togolease navy to combat piracy.

Im currently on the Island of Malta working as a direct hire diplomatic security officer for the department of state at the US embassy in valletta. I have updated my skills database through the years adding medical quals EMT-B, aswell as firearms instructor courses.

As i return to Canada with my own family at the age of 30 i wish to pursue my original career dreams as a police officer. Having read through the threads education and volunteer experience cmes up time and time again these a both areas lack on. Peel region is my prfered choice of force and the area I would like to raise my family due to the diversity of the populace.

I apreciate this is a long winded post and I thank you in advance for any comments or advice from the senior members and those who have completed the recruitment process more recently.