Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Balanced1
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby Balanced1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Has anyone received any updates?

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:35 am

Balanced1 wrote:Has anyone received any updates?

I think they are still running more LFI/PBQ. Only thing PRP changed was now you can't just apply for the LFI/PBQ directly, you need to send your resume, OACP, etc before you get a LFI/PBQ date. I been asking everyone I knew who applied but no one I know has gotten anything back yet.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

Balanced1
Rookie Member

Postby Balanced1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 am

Thank you for the update mjoshi12!

Balanced1
Rookie Member

Postby Balanced1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Hey there, has anyone received any updates since September?

Sapper10
Rookie Member

Postby Sapper10 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Has anyone received anything since the new process has been implemented in late October?

Gstar212
Rookie Member

Postby Gstar212 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Sapper10 wrote:Has anyone received anything since the new process has been implemented in late October?

Only update I received was that they are reviewing applications and will be in contact in the near future regarding further steps. This was also right at the beginning of the new application process being implemented; about a month ago.

My guess from what I've been hearing is that there are no LFA's being conduced in November. The next batch of LFA's will start in December. That being said, I'm assuming they're spending all of November screening applications and sending out rejections to anyone who didn't pass the initial screening. Once they finalize LFA dates for December, they will get in touch with those who pass the initial screening.

I've read so many posts here by applicants talking about how brutal the waiting game is to get any update from a police force. I never knew how much the anxiety build up was until I myself am now in those shoes. Best of luck to everyone!
October 29, 2016: Application Sent
November 07, 2016: Application Under Review

Sapper10
Rookie Member

Postby Sapper10 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Thank you for the update! Hang in there!
Gstar212 wrote:
Sapper10 wrote:Has anyone received anything since the new process has been implemented in late October?

Only update I received was that they are reviewing applications and will be in contact in the near future regarding further steps. This was also right at the beginning of the new application process being implemented; about a month ago.

My guess from what I've been hearing is that there are no LFA's being conduced in November. The next batch of LFA's will start in December. That being said, I'm assuming they're spending all of November screening applications and sending out rejections to anyone who didn't pass the initial screening. Once they finalize LFA dates for December, they will get in touch with those who pass the initial screening.

I've read so many posts here by applicants talking about how brutal the waiting game is to get any update from a police force. I never knew how much the anxiety build up was until I myself am now in those shoes. Best of luck to everyone!

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:20 pm

I was thinking maybe they don't want to tell you that your moving on right away because the fact people will reapply in 6months. I heard PRP wants to change it from 6 months to a year. All the services I applied for, Peel has had the slowest process.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

Balanced1
Rookie Member

Postby Balanced1 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Hey has anyone received any updates?

AirborneInfantry
Rookie Member

Postby AirborneInfantry » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 am

Balanced1 wrote:Hey has anyone received any updates?

I applied under the new program in Nov and have heard nothing since then, if anyone has please post.
Infantry 2007 - Present

OsamaG8
Rookie Member

Postby OsamaG8 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I applied back in early December and recieved a response about 4 weeks later saying that I've successfully moved on to LFI/ECI stage, but couldn't provide a date yet because they need to find more applicants. Anybody else in this boat?

KrissyA
Rookie Member

Postby KrissyA » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 pm

i applied mid December and Recieved a reply this week, my LFI is in February.

co1411vh
Rookie Member

Postby co1411vh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi, has anyone had issues submitting their application over email? My file is too large, as well as their inbox is apparently full if I try to break down the files in to separate emails it does not work.

otwobjj
Rookie Member

Postby otwobjj » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:40 pm

I applied and had my LFA interview on June the 2nd of 2016. I have been waiting to hear back ever since. Peel Police receives lots of applications, so patience is important.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 pm

otwobjj wrote:I applied and had my LFA interview on June the 2nd of 2016. I have been waiting to hear back ever since. Peel Police receives lots of applications, so patience is important.

They usually get back to you within 2 months, if not earlier. I would follow up if I were you.
Border Services Officer