Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
SierraKiloMike
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby SierraKiloMike » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:58 am

running a 9 or a 10 without any pushup, core or flex just seems a little easier to me, but perhaps I am wrong.

My only complaint with the PIN is the new core as it tends to be more difficult for people that have a bigger upper body. That being said, I have gotten the 3minutes on the test but the old sit up way i found a lot easier.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:24 pm

I went to an out-of-province session and the recruiting team had applicants run to their maximum shuttle level.

Out of 60+ applicants, only myself and 3 others passed stage 7.
Maybe ATS should do the same and 7 can remain a pass for 6 months, but 8+ could be a 12 month pass.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:43 pm

SierraKiloMike wrote:running a 9 or a 10 without any pushup, core or flex just seems a little easier to me, but perhaps I am wrong.

My only complaint with the PIN is the new core as it tends to be more difficult for people that have a bigger upper body. That being said, I have gotten the 3minutes on the test but the old sit up way i found a lot easier.

It would be 9 or a 10 after the obstacle course including the new 170 pound dummy drag across a friction mat and the new 6 foot two wall.

Or at least I think the wall is now 6 foot two.

I think it would definitely be harder and a more well-rounded assessment of fitness.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Yes, the new wall is 6.5 feet high.
It has a foot toe step about 2 feet up, and requires the person to step up, look over top, and call out a number on other side.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

SierraKiloMike
Rookie Member

Postby SierraKiloMike » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:22 am

mack_silent wrote:I went to an out-of-province session and the recruiting team had applicants run to their maximum shuttle level.

Out of 60+ applicants, only myself and 3 others passed stage 7.
Maybe ATS should do the same and 7 can remain a pass for 6 months, but 8+ could be a 12 month pass.

that would be nice, save me some money!! :D

Adam libda
Rookie Member

Postby Adam libda » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:32 am

Any one here attended the mini FLA on Feb 20th 2016???

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Adam libda wrote:Any one here attended the mini FLA on Feb 20th 2016???

I attend one in early January and I heard back in under two weeks. So if you haven't heard back yet. I am sure you will soon. Peel is pretty good with that.
Border Services Officer

Adam libda
Rookie Member

Postby Adam libda » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:53 am

Toronto1985 wrote:

I attend one in early January and I heard back in under two weeks. So if you haven't heard back yet. I am sure you will soon. Peel is pretty good with that.

Excuse my lack of patients. the reason I asked was , a friend of mine attended the January LFA as well and heard back after 3 days.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 am

Adam libda wrote:
Toronto1985 wrote:

Excuse my lack of patients. the reason I asked was , a friend of mine attended the January LFA as well and heard back after 3 days.

What was the time frame they gave you to hear back? 2 weeks? If that's the case there's nothing wrong with following up after 3 weeks if you don't hear anything.
Border Services Officer

kated
Rookie Member

Postby kated » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Has anyone submitted paperwork post local assessment day recently, and heard back?

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:23 am

kated wrote:Has anyone submitted paperwork post local assessment day recently, and heard back?

From the moment I submitted the personal history form, to the moment I got called for the in-depth interview, 6 weeks went by.
Border Services Officer

T-1000
Rookie Member

Postby T-1000 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:02 am

kated wrote:Has anyone submitted paperwork post local assessment day recently, and heard back?

I submitted mine on October 28th. Still haven't heard anything.

kated
Rookie Member

Postby kated » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:39 pm

I am wondering for Peel do they do shuttle or 1.5 mile for their pin test? Also I have my in-depth next week, I was reading the peel site, and it says in depth interview twice, is this a error of the site or is their two in depth interviews

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:39 pm

kated wrote:I am wondering for Peel do they do shuttle or 1.5 mile for their pin test? Also I have my in-depth next week, I was reading the peel site, and it says in depth interview twice, is this a error of the site or is their two in depth interviews

Peel does the shuttle run for that portion of the PIN. Or at least they have been recently. Not sure if they go back and forth with the mile run.

You have an in depth interview and if that is successful you will have another interview with a supervisor. Both of those interviews are before the 3rd interview which is the board interview.

So yes in a sense you will you have two in depths.
Border Services Officer

kated
Rookie Member

Postby kated » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:13 am

Good morning :) I recently completed my psych assessment with the psychologist, can anyone tell me what the process is from here on in? Is the Peel website hiring process in order? Will they just start background or will I be notified? If anyone can answer my questions it would be appreciated :)