Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
SierraKiloMike
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby SierraKiloMike » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey everyone, quick question.. does PEEL do the MMPI-2 and PF16 or just the MMPI-2?

Once a LFA date opens up I can plan on starting their process... I find the things fill up so fast though!

T-1000
Rookie Member

Postby T-1000 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Hero wrote:Just looking at PRP's process.... I'm curious how long it has taken applicants to hear from PRP after the local focus assessment?

Thank you.

I received an email stating I was successful about two weeks after the LFA. It's now been four weeks since I sent in my personal history forms and haven't heard anything yet.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:18 pm

T-1000 wrote:
Hero wrote:Just looking at PRP's process.... I'm curious how long it has taken applicants to hear from PRP after the local focus assessment?

Thank you.

I received an email stating I was successful about two weeks after the LFA. It's now been four weeks since I sent in my personal history forms and haven't heard anything yet.

I was called exactly six weeks after my personal history form was submitted. So you will hear soon I'm sure.
Border Services Officer

T-1000
Rookie Member

Postby T-1000 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:
I was called exactly six weeks after my personal history form was submitted. So you will hear soon I'm sure.

Good to know! Appreciate the response.

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:47 pm

I didn't know PRP does the PIN test still. I thought the ATS was sufficient enough and I didn't see it mentioned in their recruiting process on the PRP site.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:41 am

mjoshi12 wrote:I didn't know PRP does the PIN test still. I thought the ATS was sufficient enough and I didn't see it mentioned in their recruiting process on the PRP site.

They do a fitness test before the board interview. And the fitness test is a combination of both the prep and the pin. If you decide to sign up for the PBQ/LFA, they will explain it then.
Border Services Officer

mjoshi12
Rookie Member

Postby mjoshi12 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:
mjoshi12 wrote:I didn't know PRP does the PIN test still. I thought the ATS was sufficient enough and I didn't see it mentioned in their recruiting process on the PRP site.

They do a fitness test before the board interview. And the fitness test is a combination of both the prep and the pin. If you decide to sign up for the PBQ/LFA, they will explain it then.

Is PRP the only one who do this in the GTA area? I don't think Toronto, York Regional Police or OPP do their own PIN test.

Only reason I'm asking is, I did pass the PREP test for ATS but I had a hard time. It wasn't easy for me. I heard the PIN test is twice as hard so I'm gonna have to do more cardio and endurance exercises.
TROOP: Conditional Offer Troop 25

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:12 pm

mjoshi12 wrote:
Toronto1985 wrote:

Is PRP the only one who do this in the GTA area? I don't think Toronto, York Regional Police or OPP do their own PIN test.

Only reason I'm asking is, I did pass the PREP test for ATS but I had a hard time. It wasn't easy for me. I heard the PIN test is twice as hard so I'm gonna have to do more cardio and endurance exercises.

York also does a fitness test before they give you an offer. And it is also a combination of the PREP and PIN.

As far as I know York and Peel are the only two that do this... Toronto does not and OPP as far as I know doesn't either.

Some people find the PREP harder and some people find the PIN harder. But considering you will have to do both together for York and Peel, if you get that far, then yes it will be substantially more difficult, so start increasing your fitness levels.
Border Services Officer

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:54 pm

I think London (Ontario) Police also does the PIN test for police applicants.

They have an illustrated guidebook of the components and scoring charts on their website which is also helpful.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

alexgue89
Rookie Member

Postby alexgue89 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Does anyone have any good stretches or exercises that can help with the trunk forward flexion? I'm not the most flexible but I would like to improve on that.
App Rec: Mar 23, 2020
Written LFI/PBQ: May 13, 2020
LFI: Jun 2, 2020
Senior Panel: Jun 15, 2020
Psych: Jun 16/30, 2020
BGI: Jul 6, 2020
Medical: Jul 23/30/31, 2020
Home Visit: Aug 3, 2020
Chief’s Interview: Aug 13, 2020
THE CALL!!!!: Aug 20, 2020

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:47 pm

alexgue89 wrote:Does anyone have any good stretches or exercises that can help with the trunk forward flexion? I'm not the most flexible but I would like to improve on that.

Reach for your toes for a solid 20-30 seconds. Then stop for 5 seconds. Repeat as many times as you'd like. The more you stretch any muscle, the more mobile it becomes. That's all there really is to it - muscle memory.

You can do this either standing up or sitting down.
Border Services Officer

zia
Rookie Member

Postby zia » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 am

hey guys

i have LFA/I coming up can someone tell me what i should look out for.

thanks

zia

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:16 am

mack_silent wrote:I think London (Ontario) Police also does the PIN test for police applicants.

They have an illustrated guidebook of the components and scoring charts on their website which is also helpful.

Nobody including those inside Peel Regional Police understand why the PIN test is still a thing.

I'm sure the guy who just knocked over a liquor store is going to challenge you to touch toes to see who can stretch the furthest instead of legging it. :banghead: :crazy:

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:53 pm

DonutMan wrote:
mack_silent wrote:I think London (Ontario) Police also does the PIN test for police applicants.

Nobody including those inside Peel Regional Police understand why the PIN test is still a thing.

I'm sure the guy who just knocked over a liquor store is going to challenge you to touch toes to see who can stretch the furthest instead of legging it. :banghead: :crazy:

Interesting. It does show an overall level of relatively high fitness though. So I can understand why it's used as a standard. But yeah they could easily use other means as well.
Border Services Officer

DonutMan
Rookie Member

Postby DonutMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:
DonutMan wrote:

Interesting. It does show an overall level of relatively high fitness though. So I can understand why it's used as a standard. But yeah they could easily use other means as well.

All the Peel Regional members I've spoken to (current serving or ex) don't seem to agree with the notion that it shows an overall level of relatively high fitness. They would rather see the shuttle run jump from a 7 to a 9 or 10 as the bare minimum.