Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
invictus
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby invictus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi Toronto1985,

It's pretty much a conversation that lasts for about an hour and a half. Thereafter you'll do your MMPI-2 unless you've already done one and they will be using it.

You will go over a lot of your answers from the PBQ again. Its really an opportunity for your recruiter to ask a lot more in depth questions about your history, get to know you beyond paper, and get more of an understanding of how you function under pressure. You can't study for it. It's always good to know facts about Peel in case a question of that nature is thrown your way, but overall, it's all about you.

I was notified by my Peel recruiter today that I'll be receiving an offer of employment from them for the May OPC intake!

PM me if you have further questions, but I hope this helps.

Wishing you success in the process.

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:44 am

invictus wrote:Hi Toronto1985,

It's pretty much a conversation that lasts for about an hour and a half. Thereafter you'll do your MMPI-2 unless you've already done one and they will be using it.

You will go over a lot of your answers from the PBQ again. Its really an opportunity for your recruiter to ask a lot more in depth questions about your history, get to know you beyond paper, and get more of an understanding of how you function under pressure. You can't study for it. It's always good to know facts about Peel in case a question of that nature is thrown your way, but overall, it's all about you.

I was notified by my Peel recruiter today that I'll be receiving an offer of employment from them for the May OPC intake!

PM me if you have further questions, but I hope this helps.

Wishing you success in the process.

Congrats on your success. Peel is a great service!

invictus
Rookie Member

Postby invictus » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Thank you allbrancereal!

alexander10
Rookie Member

Postby alexander10 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:51 pm

still waiting to hear back after doing my LFI in november.

FitLEO
Rookie Member

Postby FitLEO » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi,

First time posting in this thread. I called peel recruitment last week to register for the information session. Left a voicemail with intention and information for a call back. Called back again two days later left another message. Will be calling again, as the information session is near month end.

Anyone else have to leave several messages before a call back? I don't want to bombard their voice mail, but I do want to have a seat for the next session.

Thanks.
OPP:
Application submitted: January 17th 2018
File #: January 18th 2018

mau786
Rookie Member

Postby mau786 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:27 am

Im on the peel website.. when i click apply now, sure enough i see the march 19 2015 date then I click search jobs and it says no job postings at this time.... any help would be appreciated!
RPAB - Nov 7, 2014
Selection Package - Dec 31, 2014
RMAQ - Feb 27, 2015

vwjetta
Rookie Member

Postby vwjetta » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:59 am

mau786 wrote:Im on the peel website.. when i click apply now, sure enough i see the march 19 2015 date then I click search jobs and it says no job postings at this time.... any help would be appreciated!

are you sure about that? check your browser/computer settings. It worked fine when I just tried....

a.kumar
Rookie Member

Postby a.kumar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 pm

hey guys, this is my first post here. I am in the process for the position of constable with the PRP. I am curious to know how long does one has to wait before they hear that their background investigation has started after doing the competency/psych interview? My timeline is as follow:

LFA: Feb 21, 2015
PHQ: Feb 26
In depth interview: March 26
Psych test: March 26
Psych Interview: April 7

Thanks

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 pm

a.kumar wrote:hey guys, this is my first post here. I am in the process for the position of constable with the PRP. I am curious to know how long does one has to wait before they hear that their background investigation has started after doing the competency/psych interview? My timeline is as follow:

LFA: Feb 21, 2015
PHQ: Feb 26
In depth interview: March 26
Psych test: March 26
Psych Interview: April 7

Thanks

It could be 2 days, it could be upwards of 6 months. Depends on many different things.

Most people with PRP wait about 30 days between each step. But it could be slower.

Be patient.

Good luck.
Border Services Officer

a.kumar
Rookie Member

Postby a.kumar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Thnaks for the reply Toronto1985. I have cleared the psych test and moved on to the pre board fitness test.

alal3
Rookie Member

Postby alal3 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has done the board with peel for the fall class and has heard anything back?
thanks!

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:39 am

alal3 wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has done the board with peel for the fall class and has heard anything back?
thanks!

A friend of mine has his board today. And he was told recently that he will know if he is going to be hired or not by July 1. So maybe that helps.
Border Services Officer

alal3
Rookie Member

Postby alal3 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:34 am

Toronto1985 wrote:
alal3 wrote:Hello,
thanks!

A friend of mine has his board today. And he was told recently that he will know if he is going to be hired or not by July 1. So maybe that helps.

Great! thank you

lkupernik
Rookie Member

Postby lkupernik » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi guys,

I am currently in the process with PRP (backgrounds stage). I know that the next stage is the physical and I have 2 questions for you all. 1. Must I pass the pin test in order the get hired or will I still be considered to get hired even if I failed. 2. Do you guys have any tips on how to prepare for this specific test? I am doing the beep test and I run 5 K every day as well as doing push ups but I am not really seeing any improvements so far.

So far my process with PRP has been nothing but comfortable and I would be devastated if I wouldn't get on just because I failed the physical.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Not sure I'm following you. The specs of the PIN test by age and gender are readily available, so you should be able to do it yourself and know how you'll do. If you passed the PREP I don't see how you can "fail" the PIN. What part of it do you think you're at risk on?