Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
lkupernik
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby lkupernik » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi again,

just came back from the test..didn't do too well):

Thankfully, Peel gave me another chance to make it up, so looks like I'm gonna be seeing you on the 29th.

Best of luck!

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Doing CrossFit and going consistently for a year increased my usual PIN score of High 70's-low 80's to high 90's,for what it's worth.

lkupernik
Rookie Member

Postby lkupernik » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 pm

goaliegibson wrote:Doing CrossFit and going consistently for a year increased my usual PIN score of High 70's-low 80's to high 90's,for what it's worth.

Hi, thanks for sharing. Is there a certain place you go to?

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:44 pm

lkupernik wrote:
goaliegibson wrote:Doing CrossFit and going consistently for a year increased my usual PIN score of High 70's-low 80's to high 90's,for what it's worth.

I went to Crossfit Altitude in Burlington for 2 years. just recently switched to Crossfit Opus in Hamilton. Both great gyms with good programming.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:02 pm

goaliegibson wrote:
lkupernik wrote:

I went to Crossfit Altitude in Burlington for 2 years. just recently switched to Crossfit Opus in Hamilton. Both great gyms with good programming.

Tidal CrossFit in Burlington is also amazing.
Border Services Officer

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:Tidal CrossFit in Burlington is also amazing.

Yes. I have friends who coach there. Very good gym.

lkupernik
Rookie Member

Postby lkupernik » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:11 pm

I live in Toronto. I'll try to look around hopefully I'll find some place near by.

mann91
Rookie Member

Postby mann91 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:37 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody got a rejection after submitting their PHF? So after passing the LFA but was never called in for an in depth interview. Please share.

Thank you

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:02 pm

mann91 wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if anybody got a rejection after submitting their PHF? So after passing the LFA but was never called in for an in depth interview. Please share.

Thank you

Did you receive an official rejection after submitting your PHF? Or are you assuming you were rejected because you haven't been contacted for the in depth yet?

If it's the latter, keep in mind that months can go by after your PHF before they call you for the in depth. Until you officially get a rejection, you are still in the process.

If you received a rejection after the PHF and never did an in depth... I've never heard of that before. But anything is possible in this process.
Border Services Officer

mann91
Rookie Member

Postby mann91 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:

Thank you

Did you receive an official rejection after submitting your PHF? Or are you assuming you were rejected because you haven't been contacted for the in depth yet?

If it's the latter, keep in mind that months can go by after your PHF before they call you for the in depth. Until you officially get a rejection, you are still in the process.

If you received a rejection after the PHF and never did an in depth... I've never heard of that before. But anything is possible in this process.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. No just wondering since I have not heard anything. What I have read in the email that was sent to me was that they will only contact me if I have an interview.

alexgue89
Rookie Member

Postby alexgue89 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:01 am

Toronto1985 wrote:

Thank you

Sadly back in 2013 I got a rejection after doing a PHF without an in depth. Guess they didn't like what they saw on the PHF. Which is okay cuz its given me more time to improve myself overall as a candidate for any job.
App Rec: Mar 23, 2020
Written LFI/PBQ: May 13, 2020
LFI: Jun 2, 2020
Senior Panel: Jun 15, 2020
Psych: Jun 16/30, 2020
BGI: Jul 6, 2020
Medical: Jul 23/30/31, 2020
Home Visit: Aug 3, 2020
Chief’s Interview: Aug 13, 2020
THE CALL!!!!: Aug 20, 2020

mann91
Rookie Member

Postby mann91 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm

'

Hero
Rookie Member

Postby Hero » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Just looking at PRP's process.... I'm curious how long it has taken applicants to hear from PRP after the local focus assessment?

Thank you.
Last edited by Hero on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Hero wrote:Just curious how long it has taken applicants to hear from PRP after the local focus assessment?

Thank you.

They got back to me about six weeks after the LFA. A friend of mine was called about two weeks after. Really depends like all services. But they do tend to move relatively quick. Quicker than TPS anyway that's for sure.
Border Services Officer

Hero
Rookie Member

Postby Hero » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Toronto1985 wrote:
Hero wrote:Just curious how long it has taken applicants to hear from PRP after the local focus assessment?

Thank you.

They got back to me about six weeks after the LFA. A friend of mine was called about two weeks after. Really depends like all services. But they do tend to move relatively quick. Quicker than TPS anyway that's for sure.

Thank you for the quick response, Toronto1985.