Peel Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
jayisakeeper
Rookie Member

Re: Peel Regional Police

Postby jayisakeeper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 am

As the name suggests local focus is all about how well you know the region so be prepared for that.....also expect questions about yourself and your experiences.
Good Luck!
If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

PL5511
Rookie Member

Postby PL5511 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm

anyone in the processs with peel who did the LFIs around november.... whats stages are you guys at ...?????

ray21
Rookie Member

Postby ray21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 pm

how many people attend a date for the LFA ?

vwjetta
Rookie Member

Postby vwjetta » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

is Peel hiring right now? Im not sure if its my computer/browser but I cant log in/register on the website..

GoLeafsGo99
Rookie Member

Postby GoLeafsGo99 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:01 pm

vwjetta wrote:is Peel hiring right now? Im not sure if its my computer/browser but I cant log in/register on the website..

You can only register when there are dates available with spots open. According to the website, there should be more dates available tonight after 2300hrs. Register early as it is very competitive and the spots fill up fast.

Good Luck.

ray21
Rookie Member

Postby ray21 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Anyone else think that because peel adopted ATS, there are less applicants applying to peel? their test dates use to go by in a minute, whereas now it takes a while to fill up? How many people get to attend each Local Focus Assessment?

Thanks

po123
Rookie Member

Postby po123 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:20 pm

hi, i signed up for the peel LFI, however the website is kind of confusing because it does not indicate whether subsequent steps are the same day (ie the In-depth interview with a Corporate Recruitment & Development Bureau Investigator) or if they are scheduled for another day. Has anyone been through the process since they switched to ATS?

For the LFI, what are they looking are specifically? how should one prepare for this interview, is it like other LFI's with other Services?

Ive lived in Peel my whole life so im confident i can answer region specific questions, however im not sure the depth of personal/work/volunteer they will get into this interview, or is that for the one after this...

any help would be appreciated

ray21
Rookie Member

Postby ray21 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 pm

just know as much about the region, is what I have been told, and I could take a look at your credentials just inbox me the info if you'd like too and I can offer feed back. we're all on here to help each other anyways..ahah (only some !!) other half are assholes

Thanks

mani
Rookie Member

Postby mani » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Hey- anyone currently in the process for Peel? If so, what stage are you lot at?

More specifically, anyone attending the Fitness test they have for applicants on Feb 7? (this is post-interview, post-psych, pre-board/home visit).

Also- if you're a Constable with PRP can you please send me a PM? Have a few questions!

Thanks

ray21
Rookie Member

Postby ray21 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:47 am

mani wrote:Hey- anyone currently in the process for Peel? If so, what stage are you lot at?

More specifically, anyone attending the Fitness test they have for applicants on Feb 7? (this is post-interview, post-psych, pre-board/home visit).

Also- if you're a Constable with PRP can you please send me a PM? Have a few questions!

Thanks

Since when does peel do their own testing for applicants ?

GoLeafsGo99
Rookie Member

Postby GoLeafsGo99 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:15 pm

ray21 wrote:
mani wrote:Hey- anyone currently in the process for Peel? If so, what stage are you lot at?

Thanks

He said it is a test post-interview and post-psych. It might be the PIN test he is referring to and not the basic PREP test.

ray21
Rookie Member

Postby ray21 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:08 pm

GoLeafsGo99 wrote:
ray21 wrote:

Thanks

He said it is a test post-interview and post-psych. It might be the PIN test he is referring to and not the basic PREP test.

Yeah sorry, read that wrong..but i never knew peel did their own testing as well

ray21
Rookie Member

Postby ray21 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Can ATS results be used for peel aux as well ?

LP21
Rookie Member

Postby LP21 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 am

Peel has a different written and use the PIN test for fitness . If you have a COR you'll still have to complete the other tests for aux.

mani
Rookie Member

Postby mani » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Yes, the test I'm told is essentially the PIN (+ the obstacle from the PREP).

So no one is in the process with Peel at the moment? Their hiring numbers should hopefully be pretty decent this year, as they recently got the go ahead for 22 additional officers for 2013.