Halton Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

tsal
Rookie Member

Re: Personal Interview

Postby tsal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 am

futrpc5.11 wrote:
tsal wrote:Hey All,
I posted a while back about ATS testing and wow has the process been moving! I have been notified of my Personal Interview date with Halton and based on what I have read this makes me special since not everyone gets to this point :thumbsup: :D ...the road ahead is still long but to do my best to continue on this road I would LOVE LOVE LOVE any advice for this first interview round. I am sure this has been discussed but all I have seen in the forum is that it is tough. As a current teacher I am used to going into interviews with a pocket full of experiences and a binder of concrete examples...is it fair to say policing is the same? It sounds like a more formal, robot like process?
Thanks a bunch! :wave:
Hey tsal,

I'm still in the early stages with Halton, so I dont really have any useful advice to offer. But, I was curious, did you already do your PBQ meeting with them?

Personal Interview = PBQ or LFI?

Only asking cause I believe that Halton's process is PBQ -> LFI -> ECI -> .... etc

Thanks!!
This is my PBQ! YIKES a week away :?

meathead1
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Re: Halton Regional Police

Postby meathead1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:20 am

I interviewed with Halton 10 or 12 years ago. Brutal interview. The guy conducting it was a retired member who just kept fucking with me for the entire interview.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

futrpc5.11
Rookie Member

Postby futrpc5.11 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 pm

tsal wrote:This is my PBQ! YIKES a week away :?
Good luck! And get ready to disclose everything!!! No topic is off limits. Had an interview the other day (not Halton) and it was brutal. 3hrs straight!

Cant talk about the details/questions....but like I said, everything is game. Felt like this :wounded: afterwards.
meathead1 wrote:I interviewed with Halton 10 or 12 years ago. Brutal interview. The guy conducting it was a retired member who just kept fucking with me for the entire interview.
I know how that feels! I came out of my interview the other day....and I didnt know what to think. Actually, still dont know what to think. lol
OPP - App: Oct 2015, LFI: Dec 2015

tsal
Rookie Member

Postby tsal » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm

ohhhh goody!!!!!! lol...well most I can do is prepare as I sit and read, read and read some more. I have been in upwards of 30 teacher interviews so let's hope those somewhat have prepared me for this (doubtful but hope is good) :P

reelandy
Rookie Member

Postby reelandy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:33 am

Hey everyone, any updates on those who've applied within the last 6 months? Just had my PBQ with Halton last week and hopefully will be getting a call back for the interview in January as I don't think they'd be doing anything this week. After having the PBQ if they are not satisfied with how it went, do they normally contact you and let you know of your deferral or is it similar to the process of after submitting your application where you wait for a yay or nay for however long it takes(that is until your one year is up).

I appreciate your feedback in advance.

goaliegibson
Grand Poobah

Postby goaliegibson » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 pm

reelandy wrote:Hey everyone, any updates on those who've applied within the last 6 months? Just had my PBQ with Halton last week and hopefully will be getting a call back for the interview in January as I don't think they'd be doing anything this week. After having the PBQ if they are not satisfied with how it went, do they normally contact you and let you know of your deferral or is it similar to the process of after submitting your application where you wait for a yay or nay for however long it takes(that is until your one year is up).

I appreciate your feedback in advance.
They'll let you know.

dontgiveup
Rookie Member

Postby dontgiveup » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:23 am

Hey everyone, I applied with Halton Police about 2 weeks ago. I received a call on Thursday for an interview. Since I am out of town, I have the LFI booked on Feb 17, ECI on the 18th, and medical and psych booked on the 19th, all tentatively of course, providing that I pass each one. Good luck to all.
Applied CBSA - November 26, 2014
GCT2/WCPT - Feb 16th, 2015 - pass (notified March 20)
PARE - May 3, 2015 (3:22)
Interview - ?

Uter

Postby Uter » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm

You're clearly in demand dontgiveup! All the best.

Toronto1985
Sage Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 pm

dontgiveup wrote:Hey everyone, I applied with Halton Police about 2 weeks ago. I received a call on Thursday for an interview. Since I am out of town, I have the LFI booked on Feb 17, ECI on the 18th, and medical and psych booked on the 19th, all tentatively of course, providing that I pass each one. Good luck to all.

When did you do your PBQ with Halton?
Border Services Officer

alexgue89

Postby alexgue89 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:57 am

Toronto1985 wrote:
dontgiveup wrote:Hey everyone, I applied with Halton Police about 2 weeks ago. I received a call on Thursday for an interview. Since I am out of town, I have the LFI booked on Feb 17, ECI on the 18th, and medical and psych booked on the 19th, all tentatively of course, providing that I pass each one. Good luck to all.

When did you do your PBQ with Halton?
Yes I was wondering the same thing

charlo_here
Rookie Member

Postby charlo_here » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:34 am

not sure if this will be helpful to anyone, but I just completed my LFI yesterday with halton. the lady was very personable and it was nowhere near as stressful as some people have made it out to be. just know the area and know your resume and have some life experiences examples. it took me around 90 minutes, I was told they would be in touch within a week as they are trying to fill spots for apr/may enrolment.

if successful it will be the ECI next. I have never done the ECI before but by looking online and reading reports first time success rates are around 10% so i'm not going to be too disappointed if I get it and don't go any further.

on a side note, I done my LFI with Niagara regional about 6 months ago and no disrespect to halton but it makes halton LFI look like a cake walk. if you were serious about having a career as a police office it might not be bad to apply to Niagara if only to get the experience of the sitting through a tough LFI, it will open your eyes to what to expect and niagara also throw in a few ECI questions just for the fun of it. good experience though

Uter

Postby Uter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks for sharing charlo. Very interesting how the process/interviews can vary so much among organizations.

dontgiveup
Rookie Member

Postby dontgiveup » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:08 pm

alexgue89 wrote:
Toronto1985 wrote: When did you do your PBQ with Halton?
Hey guys, PBQ will be done on the same day as my LFI
Applied CBSA - November 26, 2014
GCT2/WCPT - Feb 16th, 2015 - pass (notified March 20)
PARE - May 3, 2015 (3:22)
Interview - ?

alexgue89

Postby alexgue89 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 pm

dontgiveup wrote:
alexgue89 wrote:
Toronto1985 wrote: When did you do your PBQ with Halton?
Hey guys, PBQ will be done on the same day as my LFI

Now is that standard with Halton where you do the PBQ on the same day as the LFI or just with you dontgiveup since you live far away? I have my PBQ coming on wednesday with them.

JaneneF

Postby JaneneF » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Now is that standard with Halton where you do the PBQ on the same day as the LFI or just with you dontgiveup since you live far away? I have my PBQ coming on wednesday with them.[/quote]

I believe its much like Peel. PBQ is done the same day as LFI (LFA for Peel).