Halton Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Thumper
Rookie Member

Re: Halton Regional Police

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:31 pm

ya had my LFI a week ago. Recruiter was very nice, and polite. However was very mechanical when it came to the questions. It seemed they were looking for were specific things.
Most places want to see how serious,dedicated, and how persistant/competitive you would be inpersuant of a career in community policing. Its my job to demonstrate my capabilities.

In the end, i found it very structured/mechanical from what I'm used to in my industry. Given this is my first attempt at any police service, now i know what to expect and hopefully be more relaxed.

GoWings
Sage Member

Postby GoWings » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Has anyone submitted an application as of late or is there anyone currently in the process? I sent my application in the mail this week.

GW
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

GoWings
Sage Member

Postby GoWings » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Received a call for an interview in December. Anyone else?

GW
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

vwjetta
Rookie Member

Postby vwjetta » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm

I have a LFI coming up, not sure what to expect from it with the recruiter.. anyone has any input for the LFI?

arazumien
Rookie Member

Postby arazumien » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm

What Halton's aptitude test like? Any help appreciated!

goaliegibson
Grand Poobah

Postby goaliegibson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 am

aptitude test? What do you mean?

hamiltondeville
Rookie Member

Postby hamiltondeville » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am

Maybe you mean for cadets?

goaliegibson
Grand Poobah

Postby goaliegibson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I dont think theres an aptitude test for cadets either unless it's new.

GoWings
Sage Member

Postby GoWings » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm

goaliegibson wrote:I dont think theres an aptitude test for cadets either unless it's new.
I also put an application in with their cadet program but have only been contacted by them for an interview for a constable position.

I wouldn't think they would require you to do an aptitude test because in their basic requirements, they request that you either have an OACP or are able to acquire one within the employment contract period. But you never know. I'd advise contacting them at CadetProgram@haltonpolice.ca if you require further information.

Hope that helps,

GW

goaliegibson
Grand Poobah

Postby goaliegibson » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 am

even thought I presume that guy just asked a quick question to never return(which pisses me off), there is no aptitude test to the cadet position.

300msprinter
Rookie Member

Postby 300msprinter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 pm

GoWings wrote:
goaliegibson wrote:I dont think theres an aptitude test for cadets either unless it's new.
I also put an application in with their cadet program but have only been contacted by them for an interview for a constable position.

I wouldn't think they would require you to do an aptitude test because in their basic requirements, they request that you either have an OACP or are able to acquire one within the employment contract period. But you never know. I'd advise contacting them at CadetProgram@haltonpolice.ca if you require further information.

Hope that helps,

GW
Halton Cadet program does have an aptitude test, they use the Wonderlic test, at least they have for the last two years.

arazumien
Rookie Member

Postby arazumien » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:51 am

goaliegibson wrote:even thought I presume that guy just asked a quick question to never return(which pisses me off), there is no aptitude test to the cadet position.
I return daily. But don't post for no reason.
300msprinter wrote:Halton Cadet program does have an aptitude test, they use the Wonderlic test, at least they have for the last two years.
Thanks for the help 300msprinter. I will look up the Wonderlic Test. Any suggestions or sample questions would be much appreciated.

goaliegibson
Grand Poobah

Postby goaliegibson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 pm

The wonderlic is a general problem solving test, but I rember it being used in the psych portion. But my process was a little different. Just a general problem solving test.

arazumien
Rookie Member

Postby arazumien » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 am

goaliegibson wrote:The wonderlic is a general problem solving test, but I rember it being used in the psych portion. But my process was a little different. Just a general problem solving test.
After googling Wonderlic tests it looks like there all general knowledge questions.

GoWings
Sage Member

Postby GoWings » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Anybody experience the "personal interview" with Halton before?

Best,

GW