Halton Regional Police

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

hrcn0082
Rookie Member

Re: Halton Regional Police

Postby hrcn0082 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:52 pm

So, I want to share what just happened to me.

I applied to Halton Police 2017. I was able to advance until my LFI where I was not successful.
I also apply to other services and I did not get a call.
I waited over a year, I went back to college ( I didn't have a college diploma because after high school I went to the Canadian Army) and I decided to apply again. I was hoping to get a call for my PBQ like I did last time because I did a lot to improve myself and I was feeling very proud of what I did since my LFI.

Well, I did not. I was not successful after sending my online application and my hard copies. I was very surprised by the email when I got it. I was sad and very frustrated.
I guess my application was not strong enough for this time around.

My motivation is down at the moment but I know I have to move on and apply to other services and hopefully, I get an interview.
Tps
Application: April 15th, 2019
PBQ/LFI: May 14th, 2019
ECI/LFI: May 23rd, 2019
MMPI-2: June 5th, 2019
Psychological Assessment: June 14th, 2019
Deferral Letter: June 21st, 2019

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Re: Halton Regional Police

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:09 am

hrcn0082 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:52 pm
So, I want to share what just happened to me.

I applied to Halton Police 2017. I was able to advance until my LFI where I was not successful.
I also apply to other services and I did not get a call.
I waited over a year, I went back to college ( I didn't have a college diploma because after high school I went to the Canadian Army) and I decided to apply again. I was hoping to get a call for my PBQ like I did last time because I did a lot to improve myself and I was feeling very proud of what I did since my LFI.

Well, I did not. I was not successful after sending my online application and my hard copies. I was very surprised by the email when I got it. I was sad and very frustrated.
I guess my application was not strong enough for this time around.

My motivation is down at the moment but I know I have to move on and apply to other services and hopefully, I get an interview.
Halton hires very few people every year. It's a mid-size service. Don't feel bad. I had 1 LFI with them and then 1 PBQ. That was it. It happens.
"Hard truths cut both ways"