Corrections In Manitoba

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Iwantajob
Rookie Member

Corrections In Manitoba

Postby Iwantajob » Wed May 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Anyone out there that is in my position....I passed my testing....went for my interview and just waiting to hear....Its been 2 weeks and still nothing.....I have patience....but its killing me....the wait....post ur views and experience please :D :alright:

Iwantajob
Rookie Member

Re: Corrections In Manitoba

Postby Iwantajob » Thu May 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Also i was talking to another guy and he came down the exact same day and they have already called his references.....any ideas....do they always call your references....let me know please.....thanks guys.... :D

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Thu May 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Iwantajob wrote:Also i was talking to another guy and he came down the exact same day and they have already called his references.....any ideas....do they always call your references....let me know please.....thanks guys.... :D

My view is that Manitoba Corrections is a joke. Don't get too worked up about getting hired or not.

That is all.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

zimmer
Rookie Member

Postby zimmer » Thu May 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Jim Street wrote:
Iwantajob wrote:Also i was talking to another guy and he came down the exact same day and they have already called his references.....any ideas....do they always call your references....let me know please.....thanks guys.... :D

My view is that Manitoba Corrections is a joke. Don't get too worked up about getting hired or not.

That is all.

Do you know how many positions are available at the location you selected/visited? If so, how many candidates were interviewed? ex: if they interviewed 100 applicants for 5 spots........what do you think? They call references.
On the Civilian side of the yellow tape......for now!

happydude
Rookie Member

Postby happydude » Fri May 07, 2010 9:07 am

Good luck buddy, you're going to need it. :cuss:
Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So, use it, and send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay, eternal happiness is just a dollar away.

Iwantajob
Rookie Member

Postby Iwantajob » Fri May 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks guys for replying....Eh either way I hope i get the job....... :D Luck well it can go yes or no/....50% chance

happydude
Rookie Member

Postby happydude » Fri May 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Where did you apply to?
Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So, use it, and send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay, eternal happiness is just a dollar away.

Iwantajob
Rookie Member

Postby Iwantajob » Sat May 08, 2010 12:57 am

Brandon Correctional centre

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:23 am

Iwantajob wrote:Anyone out there that is in my position....I passed my testing....went for my interview and just waiting to hear....Its been 2 weeks and still nothing.....I have patience....but its killing me....the wait....post ur views and experience please :D :alright:

Good friend / family member got on just a year or so back. Told me about the recruiting system and it seemed all over the place. Some people were already in training while their background checks were being run, some where done before. So would not worry about it. I'm sure they will call either way and no call yet means you are not out of the running. Two weeks is not a long wait. Could always be in the WPS process and be told your wait has been extended for 5 months. Something happens eventually, one way or the other, worrying won't change the result so all you can do until then is chill.

Iwantajob
Rookie Member

Postby Iwantajob » Sun May 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Thank you very much...... :D

Iwantajob
Rookie Member

Postby Iwantajob » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

I do feel better but training does start May 31 in Manitoba.......I hope i get a call.....fingers crossed :)

happydude
Rookie Member

Postby happydude » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 am

It's not unheard of to receive a few days notice before the start of training. Depending on how many individuals were successful in their interviews, you may be selected for the next training class depending on how many spots BCC receives for the next training period and how many candidates were selected.

For the record, be careful what you wish for.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 pm

I worked for a few years in the provincial system in Manitoba. If you are interested in a career in LE you have just as good of a chance of getting on if you work at Convergys.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

ToyCopp

Postby ToyCopp » Sun May 16, 2010 9:33 pm

What about the sheriff positions?

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Sun May 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Even less openings and less hours.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.