RPAT Exam score

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: CourtOfficer, Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2

RPAT Exam score

Postby Marcus_Mensrea » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 pm

I did a search around the forum wondering what a decent RPAT score would be. I noted that most that I found were from before 2008 for the most part. With the current budget cuts and (at least what I was told by a recruiter) depot taking 16 troops this year, down from 56... have the practical RPAT standards gone up?

Is an RPAT score above 4.10 considered a good mark? I don't want to say my exact score because I don't want to be treading at all on the don't talk about the RPAT with others clause.

Also curious about how many get recruited from D Division. I haven't seen too many threads on recruiting related to Manitoba.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Cheese Police
Marcus_Mensrea
Rookie Member

Re: RPAT Exam score

Postby dafloof » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 am

Marcus_Mensrea wrote:I did a search around the forum wondering what a decent RPAT score would be. I noted that most that I found were from before 2008 for the most part. With the current budget cuts and (at least what I was told by a recruiter) depot taking 16 troops this year, down from 56... have the practical RPAT standards gone up?

Is an RPAT score above 4.10 considered a good mark? I don't want to say my exact score because I don't want to be treading at all on the don't talk about the RPAT with others clause.

Also curious about how many get recruited from D Division. I haven't seen too many threads on recruiting related to Manitoba.

An RPAT of 4.10 is a good score and you shouldn't be concerned. I do believe that most recruitng regions now have higher standards for the RPAT.

Also, I believe Depot Web posted a while ago stating that there are 18 Troops scheduled for this year unless things have changed in the past week?

You are very forunate to be from D Division as Northwest Region seems to be one of the quicker recruitng regions at the moment. I am actually from D Division and I am off to Depot in June. There are a few more from D that are just waiting on Troop dates.

If you have any further questions feel free to send me a PM.

Take care :thumbsup:
Regular Member "K" Division 2010-2013.
Calgary Police Service 2013 - present
dafloof
Seasoned Member

Postby JayDeeDoubleYou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 am

Congrats on your score. I got a 4.36 on mine. The highest I have seen on here is Luke101 (I think), with a 4.45.

As you'll notice, a lot of the recruits on here post their scores in their signatures and such. The "don't talk about fight cl...RPAT" clause basically refers to any information that was actually on the test. Basically, don't go around spewing the question and answer details and you'll be fine. Good to see you're being cautious though. :thumbsup:

Sixteen down from 56...err, no. That number is way too high. I think it's 18 down from 24 or so, but don't quote me, I am not really keeping track anymore because I'm out of the running for good.

Good luck to you in your application with the RCMP.
JayDeeDoubleYou
Sage Member

Postby Madeline236 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 am

Marcus_Mensrea wrote:I did a search around the forum wondering what a decent RPAT score would be. I noted that most that I found were from before 2008 for the most part. With the current budget cuts and (at least what I was told by a recruiter) depot taking 16 troops this year, down from 56... have the practical RPAT standards gone up?

This will depend on your region. Basically different standards for each region. I have an email myself from my recruiting office confirming that as well. Saw a copy of a letter sent to one applicant in another forum just last week that told him his RPAT mark of 3.99 was not high enough to continue on. It was a form letter I think, which would tell me that Central Region's pass mark (despite what the website says) is more than 4.0, at the moment. Those under are getting in some call up pool called the IRL. I guess in case there are not enough people scoring higher than their mark they will get put into process?
Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Return to Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ)