TPS Parking Enforcement

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
nikolay
Rookie Member

Re: TPS Parking Enforcement

Postby nikolay » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:16 pm

ReidAllen wrote:
nikolay wrote:I was contacted by BGI in mid August, and had all my references contacted within 3 days. I have not heard anything since then. I know 3 other people ion the process and non of them were contacted by BGI. I don't know what to think anymore. At least there is still time until the December or February potential start date.

Maybe theyre waiting for this potential agreement to blow over and then pick up the hiring again?

I hope. Only time will tell.

ctrl
Rookie Member

Postby ctrl » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Currently work as a bylaw officer out west doing mostly parking related duties. How much does a PEO with TPS make in 2016??
There seems to be a lot of interest for TPS PEO in particular and I am curious as to why that is

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:09 pm

ctrl wrote:Currently work as a bylaw officer out west doing mostly parking related duties. How much does a PEO with TPS make in 2016??
There seems to be a lot of interest for TPS PEO in particular and I am curious as to why that is

This is from the most recent posting:

Posting Date: February 1, 2016

Salary: $62,305.92 to $67,912.20 annually

My guess is this:

Making that kind of money for not needing any post secondary education is very appealing to a lot of people. Not to mention full pension. Amazing benefits. Union etc. And it's a great stepping stone to policing since you're an employee of TPS. Though, that may not be the case in the near future.
Border Services Officer

tps4233
Rookie Member

Postby tps4233 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Hello does anyone have any new updates regarding TPS Parking, or have any new information?

Thanks

ReidAllen
Rookie Member

Postby ReidAllen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 pm

tps4233 wrote:Hello does anyone have any new updates regarding TPS Parking, or have any new information?

Thanks

No updates at all over here.

I remember them saying they want to get started either at the end of December or start of Feb.

None of my references have been contacted either.

tps1988
Rookie Member

Postby tps1988 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:54 pm

As far as I know, the budget report comes out in January and will outline the direction of Parking Enforcement. There is a hiring freeze for 3 years on all tps positions so unless critically necessary I don't see them hiring anymore classes for a while.

tps4233
Rookie Member

Postby tps4233 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Received a call a month ago from recruitment that they did not forget about me, and that I have passed backgrounds. I was told that pending approval I should hear back January or February? Did anyone else receive this call, and have any additional information?

Morlu
Rookie Member

Postby Morlu » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:09 pm

tps4233 wrote:Received a call a month ago from recruitment that they did not forget about me, and that I have passed backgrounds. I was told that pending approval I should hear back January or February? Did anyone else receive this call, and have any additional information?

I wouldn't expect a call. Not being mean, but all hiring is frozen until 2019 or until the task force finalizes the plan for parking enforcement and court officers (parking is first.) I don't think they want to hire to lay people off if they decide to contract out parking enforcement.

tps4233
Rookie Member

Postby tps4233 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Morlu wrote:
tps4233 wrote:Received a call a month ago from recruitment that they did not forget about me, and that I have passed backgrounds. I was told that pending approval I should hear back January or February? Did anyone else receive this call, and have any additional information?

I wouldn't expect a call. Not being mean, but all hiring is frozen until 2019 or until the task force finalizes the plan for parking enforcement and court officers (parking is first.) I don't think they want to hire to lay people off if they decide to contract out parking enforcement.

Do you have any insight information on when any decisions on TPS parking will be finalized?

alexgue89
Rookie Member

Postby alexgue89 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 am

Got an email today with the attached BG forms I need to fill out and that I need to show up at TPS HQ on July 6th with my originals. Anyone else in this process?
Special Constable

s4weng
Rookie Member

Postby s4weng » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 am

alexgue89 wrote:Got an email today with the attached BG forms I need to fill out and that I need to show up at TPS HQ on July 6th with my originals. Anyone else in this process?

Ye man, just finishing up the background now. Last heard, might be a July class.

alexgue89
Rookie Member

Postby alexgue89 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 am

s4weng wrote:
alexgue89 wrote:Got an email today with the attached BG forms I need to fill out and that I need to show up at TPS HQ on July 6th with my originals. Anyone else in this process?

Ye man, just finishing up the background now. Last heard, might be a July class.

Nice!!! From my understanding during my interview, they are looking at an end of July class and Oct Class.
Special Constable

s4weng
Rookie Member

Postby s4weng » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm

alexgue89 wrote:
s4weng wrote:

Nice!!! From my understanding during my interview, they are looking at an end of July class and Oct Class.

Oh excellent, I was wondering when I may hear back. Best of luck brother!

Argentas
Rookie Member

Postby Argentas » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Hey alexgue89 and s4weng (and anyone else reading this who did their Background Clearance on Friday, July 8th):

Have you heard back yet about your application? I know it's supposed to be 8 weeks- which would be this Friday (August 31st)- but it's been two weeks as of today since the investigator for my file said he submitted my background clearance as a "go", so I was hoping to have heard by now.

If no one else has heard back either, I'll relax a little, haha :)

alexgue89
Rookie Member

Postby alexgue89 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Argentas wrote:Hey alexgue89 and s4weng (and anyone else reading this who did their Background Clearance on Friday, July 8th):

Have you heard back yet about your application? I know it's supposed to be 8 weeks- which would be this Friday (August 31st)- but it's been two weeks as of today since the investigator for my file said he submitted my background clearance as a "go", so I was hoping to have heard by now.

If no one else has heard back either, I'll relax a little, haha :)

Hey, my investigator called me about 2 weeks ago saying that he was starting with my file, so you seem to be a little further ahead than me.
Special Constable