TPS Parking Enforcement

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Re: TPS Parking Enforcement

Postby Toronto1985 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:26 pm

subbie wrote:I have my panel interview april 23rd at 8am. I think I am the first interview for that day. I was told its a simple ECI style interview. about 1.5 hours long. Anyone else?

When did you apply? And do the aptitude testing?

Last year they waited for all applications to be submitted before conducting the testing and then the interviews. Sounds like the process is different now based on your post...

If things are the same as last year, you won't be the only person interviewing on the 23rd - there's usually 8-10 candidates interviewing during the same time slot. But being interviewed by different people of course.

GOOD LUCK!
Border Services Officer

akorsh
Rookie Member

Postby akorsh » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:52 pm

I received a call this morning, will be interviewing on Sunday the 24th at 8 am. I've never done an interview for TPS/Parking etc. What should I expect? Not even quite sure what ECI is, essential competency interview?

subbie
Rookie Member

Postby subbie » Tue May 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Has anybody that interviewed mid to late April heard anything? Or are we all still waiting
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

akorsh
Rookie Member

Postby akorsh » Thu May 12, 2016 10:39 pm

I haven't heard anything yet.

exle0987
Rookie Member

Postby exle0987 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Does anybody know if the date of 10-Jun-2016 will be pushed out to the future .. like it was earlier this spring? An information session was held yesterday, but no conveniently located ATS testing sites coming up .. only Oakville and Bolton in GTA.

Thanks

csptk
Rookie Member

Postby csptk » Wed May 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Hey guys, how’s everything? Just got my call for POE interview; but I am new to POE interview process. I’ve done the LFI & ECI interview for PC before; but not POE. Anything that I should watch out for?

Toronto1985
Rookie Member

Postby Toronto1985 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:11 pm

csptk wrote:Hey guys, how’s everything? Just got my call for POE interview; but I am new to POE interview process. I’ve done the LFI & ECI interview for PC before; but not POE. Anything that I should watch out for?

If you have done an LFI and an ECI before for the PC role, you will be more than fine for the PEO interview. Prepare in the same way and you will do very well.
Border Services Officer

csptk
Rookie Member

Postby csptk » Tue May 24, 2016 9:11 am

Toronto1985 wrote:
csptk wrote:Hey guys, how’s everything? Just got my call for POE interview; but I am new to POE interview process. I’ve done the LFI & ECI interview for PC before; but not POE. Anything that I should watch out for?

If you have done an LFI and an ECI before for the PC role, you will be more than fine for the PEO interview. Prepare in the same way and you will do very well.

Alright, thanks man...haven't chat with you for over a year..how's your application?

Stephan 416
Rookie Member

Postby Stephan 416 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 pm

subbie wrote:Has anybody that interviewed mid to late April heard anything? Or are we all still waiting

Can you tell me when you applied ? I applied April 4th 2016 and haven heard anything yet.

ReidAllen
Rookie Member

Postby ReidAllen » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Has anyone got the call to start backgrounds yet?

nikolay
Rookie Member

Postby nikolay » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:26 am

Any new updates, after backgrounds ?

TripleChev

Postby TripleChev » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:53 am

Probably delayed until they see how this pans out.....
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/0 ... ement.html

ReidAllen
Rookie Member

Postby ReidAllen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:59 am

TripleChev wrote:Probably delayed until they see how this pans out.....
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/0 ... ement.html

I read this as well and I feel they won't outsource the unit.
I still haven't been contacted by a BGI yet. Still patiently waiting lol

nikolay
Rookie Member

Postby nikolay » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:30 pm

I was contacted by BGI in mid August, and had all my references contacted within 3 days. I have not heard anything since then. I know 3 other people ion the process and non of them were contacted by BGI. I don't know what to think anymore. At least there is still time until the December or February potential start date.

ReidAllen
Rookie Member

Postby ReidAllen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:46 pm

nikolay wrote:I was contacted by BGI in mid August, and had all my references contacted within 3 days. I have not heard anything since then. I know 3 other people ion the process and non of them were contacted by BGI. I don't know what to think anymore. At least there is still time until the December or February potential start date.

Maybe theyre waiting for this potential agreement to blow over and then pick up the hiring again?