RCMP Alberta applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
chich
Rookie Member

RCMP Alberta applicants

Postby chich » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 pm

I know there's a few of us on here, but strangely no thread. Anyone?

Bueller?

:)
K Div
Troop #13, November 23 - May 16

Cambo
Veteran Member

Re: RCMP K Division applicants

Postby Cambo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:18 pm

That's because Alberta is like B.C's redneck uncle that never gets invited to the family reunion. :mrgreen: I kid, I kid!
A people that values it's privileges above it's principles soon loses both
- Dwight Eisenhower

"Were you born stupid or did you pick that up along the way?"

albertagirl
Rookie Member

Postby albertagirl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:38 pm

chich wrote:I know there's a few of us on here, but strangely no thread. Anyone?

Bueller?

:)

I think it's just you and me!

SPapp
Rookie Member

Postby SPapp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Throughout the process I've just lurked around the boards, but I'm here. My medical was approved a few weeks ago. Been in BGI about 2 months or so.
Regular Member - "K" Division

chich
Rookie Member

Postby chich » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Cambo wrote:That's because Alberta is like B.C's redneck uncle that never gets invited to the family reunion. :mrgreen: I kid, I kid!

I was going to snappily dispute this but then... couldn't. That's actually fairly accurate :)
K Div

chich
Rookie Member

Postby chich » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

SPapp wrote:Throughout the process I've just lurked around the boards, but I'm here. My medical was approved a few weeks ago. Been in BGI about 2 months or so.

Cool! When did you start the process?
K Div

SPapp
Rookie Member

Postby SPapp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:39 pm

chich wrote:
SPapp wrote:Throughout the process I've just lurked around the boards, but I'm here. My medical was approved a few weeks ago. Been in BGI about 2 months or so.

Cool! When did you start the process?

May 2009.
Regular Member - "K" Division

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Hey Guys

Im a regular member out of K div and my CAPRA project is recruiting. There is going to be a career open house in Edmonton March 18th 2010 at Grant MceEvan College. I will be manning the GD table and there will be allot of other sections there. I went to a similar one of these in Winnipeg when I was just waiting to go to Depot. It did allot of good for me to talk to a bunch of different members and get their opinion about the job. Plus you can see allot of options there for you when you get on. You guys can send me a message if you need more info.

Good Luck
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

albertagirl
Rookie Member

Postby albertagirl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 pm

PHB wrote:Hey Guys

Im a regular member out of K div and my CAPRA project is recruiting. There is going to be a career open house in Edmonton March 18th 2010 at Grant MceEvan College. I will be manning the GD table and there will be allot of other sections there. I went to a similar one of these in Winnipeg when I was just waiting to go to Depot. It did allot of good for me to talk to a bunch of different members and get their opinion about the job. Plus you can see allot of options there for you when you get on. You guys can send me a message if you need more info.

Good Luck

That sounds awesome!! I want more info! I have my poly on the 17th but, I am pretty sure I can hightail it out to Edmonton on the 18th!

chich
Rookie Member

Postby chich » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

So I got an email this morning from my Recruiting Coordinator, asking me to sign the new Mobility Policy document. Apparently there's been some confusion with the 'willing to be posted anywhere in Canada' thing. The part that got my attention, though, was that our first posting will not be back to our home province - which is a change from less than a year ago, when half of my dad's troop (including Dad) were sent back to their home province. Has anyone else seen this yet?

Not that it matters to me, because I was hoping to NOT come back to Alberta :) Too much country to stick with one division!
On that note, if you guys could have your pick of a division, what would you choose?
K Div

albertagirl
Rookie Member

Postby albertagirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 pm

chich wrote:So I got an email this morning from my Recruiting Coordinator, asking me to sign the new Mobility Policy document. Apparently there's been some confusion with the 'willing to be posted anywhere in Canada' thing. The part that got my attention, though, was that our first posting will not be back to our home province - which is a change from less than a year ago, when half of my dad's troop (including Dad) were sent back to their home province. Has anyone else seen this yet?

Not that it matters to me, because I was hoping to NOT come back to Alberta :) Too much country to stick with one division!
On that note, if you guys could have your pick of a division, what would you choose?

In a perfect world... I would want BC! what about you? However, I will go anywhere happily :)

chich
Rookie Member

Postby chich » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 pm

I wouldn't actually mind somewhere in the Yukon or NWT - harder as a first posting, but we'll see :)
K Div

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 pm

It all depends on what the needs of the RCMP are at the time you are going through staffing interviews. The vast majority of people from northwest region (AB,SK,MB and NWT) went to either one of those provinces or BC. Anywhere in Canada means anywhere just be ready for that. You guys should come out to the open house recruiting would be able to explain it better. How they choose where you go doesnt make any sense and it is impossible to make any sense of it.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

chich
Rookie Member

Postby chich » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm

PHB wrote:It all depends on what the needs of the RCMP are at the time you are going through staffing interviews. The vast majority of people from northwest region (AB,SK,MB and NWT) went to either one of those provinces or BC. Anywhere in Canada means anywhere just be ready for that. You guys should come out to the open house recruiting would be able to explain it better. How they choose where you go doesnt make any sense and it is impossible to make any sense of it.

We understand the process - it's just fun to dream :) I have no illusions of getting posted where I want to go - which is why I'm totally okay with going anywhere. Somewhere north would be interesting; if not first, then somewhere down the road. The bottom line is that they'll put me where they need me, which is something they know better than I do :)
K Div