RCMP Alberta applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
fcllmatt
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP Alberta applicants

Postby fcllmatt » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:51 am

lariviere wrote:Sending off my SP next week hopefully! Any active Alberta applicants hanging around here theses days?

Seems as though not a lot of people post in this thread for Alberta, but I received my phone call last friday to join troop 27 in February. I started my application process in February of this year.
NSE - E Division

acegman
Rookie Member

Postby acegman » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:50 pm

lariviere wrote:Sending off my SP next week hopefully! Any active Alberta applicants hanging around here theses days?

Did my RPAB on Nov 28th and sent out my SP on Dec 19th. got an email saying they received my SP today!
goodluck!

lagoon
Rookie Member

Postby lagoon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:50 pm

fcllmatt wrote:
Seems as though not a lot of people post in this thread for Alberta, but I received my phone call last friday to join troop 27 in February. I started my application process in February of this year.

So I've noticed haha. And congrats, that seems fairly speedy compared to some timelines I've seen!

acegman wrote:
Did my RPAB on Nov 28th and sent out my SP on Dec 19th. got an email saying they received my SP today!
goodluck!

Awesome! Let's hope the holidays don't slow us down to much..

Merry Christmas everyone!

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Where are you guys applying out of?
:wave:

mattcll
Rookie Member

Postby mattcll » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Code44 wrote:Where are you guys applying out of?

Lake Louise

acegman
Rookie Member

Postby acegman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Edmonton

cbtegr622
Rookie Member

Postby cbtegr622 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Edmonton
RPAB-Aug,2014 Passed
PARE-2Apr,2015 Passed
RMSI-30Mar,2015 Passed
PEP-26May,2015
PEP Review-25Aug 2015 Passed
MC-9Oct 2015 Cleared
BGI-2Dec 2015 Passed
PARE #2-28 Oct, 2015 Passed
Suitability Review-2 Dec 2015 Passed
SC-27Jan 2016 Approved
Troop 31

Redricardo
Grand Poobah

Postby Redricardo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:32 am

I'm at Depot right now. Out of Airdrie. Going to Langley.

lagoon
Rookie Member

Postby lagoon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Code44 wrote:Where are you guys applying out of?

Fort McMurray

Redricardo wrote:I'm at Depot right now. Out of Airdrie. Going to Langley.

Nice, Congrats!

rrroost
Rookie Member

Postby rrroost » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:02 pm

Posting here too because I just discovered the Alberta forum :)

Good morning,

New to the forum and not sure if posting this is appropriate but I will try (I think it falls under the category of "chit chat"). I was wondering if there are any other applicants in the Edmonton area who may be interested in a workout buddy ^.^

I am still shopping around for gyms here so I am open to anywhere, I am currently staying near the U of A south campus and tried GoodLife fitness for the first time on a trial basis. I was planning on following the RCMP conditioning guide from itunes but open to other ideas as well. I just know it's nice to have someone relying on you to be there and vice versa.

Alternatively - if anyone has any good recommendations for gyms in the city that's helpful too. New to town - will likely end up buying a pass with the city of Edmonton so I can have access to all the city-run rec centres.

Thanks in advance!

acegman
Rookie Member

Postby acegman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:42 pm

I have a membership at worldhealth and goodlife, I like worldhealth better because they offer free wifi while goodlife doesent.
as for equipment, it depends on which gym you go to. best gym in the city in my opinion is the worldhealth on St.albert trail.
goodluck!

rrroost
Rookie Member

Postby rrroost » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:15 pm

acegman wrote:I have a membership at worldhealth and goodlife, I like worldhealth better because they offer free wifi while goodlife doesent.
as for equipment, it depends on which gym you go to. best gym in the city in my opinion is the worldhealth on St.albert trail.
goodluck!

Thanks! I've heard a lot of good things about World Health too but hesitant to sign a contract. Maybe I will try their free trial next :)

hyungsop
Rookie Member

Postby hyungsop » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:51 pm

New to the forum and applying from Calgary. Selection package received in December and waiting for the recruiter to set the due date! For those of you starting the process in Alberta, good luck!
AB Applicant
CP: 2015-10-06
RPAB: 2015-12-19
SP Received: 2015-12-23
SP Sent: 2016-01-19
RMAQ: 2016-01-25
RMSI: 2016-03-08
PARE: 2016-03-16

Halifornian
Rookie Member

Postby Halifornian » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:58 pm

rrroost wrote:
Alternatively - if anyone has any good recommendations for gyms in the city that's helpful too. New to town - will likely end up buying a pass with the city of Edmonton so I can have access to all the city-run rec centres.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Hemingway gym 13808 111ave is a hidden gem. Cheap membership, no contract. It has no wifi, but it does have: a pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and a weight room that is always empty. Most people there are 60+, so the weights and benches are always free.

rrroost
Rookie Member

Postby rrroost » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Halifornian wrote:
rrroost wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Peter Hemingway gym 13808 111ave is a hidden gem. Cheap membership, no contract. It has no wifi, but it does have: a pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and a weight room that is always empty. Most people there are 60+, so the weights and benches are always free.

Thank you! It's so funny that I looked at this tonight. I was at kinsmen tonight which is probably where I will sign up (love the no contract) and a guy in the sauna recommended that gym as well because I was asking about a hot tub. I believe my kinsmen membership would cover me there too. Thank you!!