RPAT????

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: CourtOfficer, Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2

RPAT????

Postby rolex » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 am

Is the RPAT valid for any other policing units in Canada? Of any other federal agency?
rolex
Veteran Member

Re: RPAT????

Postby CrazyCanuck » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 am

I am not sure, but I think the RPAT is only good for a couple. The POPAT is more common in muni I think...
CrazyCanuck

Postby th » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:51 am

rolex wrote:Is the RPAT valid for any other policing units in Canada? Of any other federal agency?

You're asking if the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Aptitude Test is accepted by police forces other than the RCMP?

CrazyCanuck wrote:The POPAT is more common in muni I think...

True (in BC), but the scores aren't transferable. If you apply to Abby, Vancouver, and Delta, you'll have to run POPAT for each one.
You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink 'till that good girl sins;
You can even drink an ugly girl pretty, but you can't drink a fat girl thin.
th
Poobah Overlord

Postby argyll » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:57 pm

CrazyCanuck wrote:I am not sure, but I think the RPAT is only good for a couple. The POPAT is more common in muni I think...

The RPAT is a written exam for the RCMP, the POPAT is a physical abilities test.
The test of a gentlemen is how he treats someone who can be of no possible use to him.
argyll

Postby Mountiegirl » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:20 pm

The RPAT is designed and is property of the RCMP and therefore not used as a test by any other agency . Now if an agency decides that if you pass the RPAT, the will accept the grade for their force, that may happen but I have never heard of that .

Caroline
Mountiegirl
RCMP Recruiter

Postby CrazyCanuck » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 pm

argyll wrote:
CrazyCanuck wrote:I am not sure, but I think the RPAT is only good for a couple. The POPAT is more common in muni I think...

The RPAT is a written exam for the RCMP, the POPAT is a physical abilities test.

I feel like an idiot. Sorry for not reading the post properly. I have POPAT on the brain right now.....

Thanks

ps. The RPAT might not be transferrable, but I believe that the muni tests are. I just did the Abby one, and i think that it is the same as Vancouver's. They might honour it.
CrazyCanuck

Postby th » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:07 pm

CrazyCanuck wrote:ps. The RPAT might not be transferrable, but I believe that the muni tests are. I just did the Abby one, and i think that it is the same as Vancouver's. They might honour it.

Nope. There is no provincial test in BC. Each department does their own thing.
You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink 'till that good girl sins;
You can even drink an ugly girl pretty, but you can't drink a fat girl thin.
th
Poobah Overlord

Postby CrazyCanuck » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Oh, okay. I posted that because a friend said that Vancouver told him that if he wrote the Port Moody test he did not need to write the Vancouver one, however he could and they would take the higher of the 2 marks.

Perhaps he misunderstood, or was misinformed.

Cheers.
CrazyCanuck

Return to Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ)