TPS Dec - 2009 Intake.

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
gary21
Rookie Member

Re: TPS Dec - 2009 Intake.

Postby gary21 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 am

I guess, at least feb, new waiting game started.
Package in: aug/14
Phone interview: sep/14

tpspastin#9
Rookie Member

Postby tpspastin#9 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:36 am

I really do not think that TPS or any service really will stop the hiring process or limit it to a certain time of year. I am sure they pick a time to do a review of files but I doubt they would wait right to February to do them all for 1 class. My BGI informed me to settle a certain "issue" I have in my personal life and then fire the results off to him ASAP so my file can be brought back to the decission panel (can someone tell mewhat this panel is actually called?). I am pretty certain that once they have yopur file they can hire or deny at any point. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Either way as I have said already, I would rather wait 3-5 more months than drive back and forth from OPC in a giant snow storm of death.

Scripps
Rookie Member

Postby Scripps » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:39 pm

I believe the process goes as follows. Your BGI will write a report with his/her recommendation to either hire or not. That will report will be submitted to the Employment Unit sergeant. He will review it. He will then make a decision based on what he sees. If acceptable, he will then submit to the Unit commander. Top guy. I am assuming at this point, there is no review, it's simply a signature. I have heard that other service have a "panel" for this whole process, but perhaps it's the same thing. I think your right about them hiring at any time, however, if the Dec class is full, they may not be in a hurry to call people being hired for the next intake. It would be sweet to know sooner than later though.

tpspastin#9
Rookie Member

Postby tpspastin#9 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 am

Sounds good to me Scripps. My BGI is really great and has been a tremendous support in my somewhat complex background. The only thing holding me back from my yes or no has to wait until mid-December and the wait is excruciating. Where's a DeLorean when you need one :ponder: ?

Scripps
Rookie Member

Postby Scripps » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Has anyone heard something recently? something? ANYTHING!!!!!! hahahaha.

ANRI
Rookie Member

Postby ANRI » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Scripps wrote:Has anyone heard something recently? something? ANYTHING!!!!!! hahahaha.

I had been to Info session yesterday, they were saying Dec class is very small one around 40 - 50 seats - I presume they are already occupied. Itseems due to budgeting even the next year intakes are small classes.

TimeToGoTactical

Postby TimeToGoTactical » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 pm

ANRI wrote:
Scripps wrote:Has anyone heard something recently? something? ANYTHING!!!!!! hahahaha.

I had been to Info session yesterday, they were saying Dec class is very small one around 40 - 50 seats - I presume they are already occupied. Itseems due to budgeting even the next year intakes are small classes.

And the whole TTC thing isn't sorted out yet, but that's another thread.
Oh NO 5-0!

Scripps
Rookie Member

Postby Scripps » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:42 pm

As much as it hurts to hear that news.......I appreciate the update. What was the info session about that you attended?

ANRI
Rookie Member

Postby ANRI » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Scripps wrote:As much as it hurts to hear that news.......I appreciate the update. What was the info session about that you attended?

Recruiting Information Session - conducted by TPS recruiting Dept twice every month at HQ.
Last edited by ANRI on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANRI
Rookie Member

Postby ANRI » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Scripps wrote:As much as it hurts to hear that news.......I appreciate the update. What was the info session about that you attended?

Recruiting Information Session - conducted by TPS recruiting Dept twice every month at HQ.

Scripps
Rookie Member

Postby Scripps » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am

oh , one of those. I remember going to that. So they said the numbers for the next were going to low too? The door just got smaller

tpspastin#9
Rookie Member

Postby tpspastin#9 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 am

So who is going to start the TPS April - 2010 Intake?

To maybe keep some peoples hopes up, a guy who works in my company just got hired this past week. There may still be openings. I also believe I heard that 2010 they are offering a new retirment package and this is going to flush out alot of senior officers.

Scripps
Rookie Member

Postby Scripps » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 am

Your right, we do need to start a TPS APRIL 2010 thread. With someone at your company getting hired recently though, we might not want to jump the gun. Maybe we should wait until december is up at least? As for flushing out a lot of senior officers, I have also heard that too. However, I was a little more inclined to think it was because they were of age, rather than a retirement package. Either way, it's not important!!!! Those guys did their duty, served their time, let's give the young boys a go!!!

TPS11
Grand Poobah

Postby TPS11 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm

I was talking with someone at employment last week and from what they knew Dec is full and they are starting to look at April.

tpspastin#9
Rookie Member

Postby tpspastin#9 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:18 am

Well then TPS11 I will take your word as gold because we all know that info found on the internet is never wrong ( :banghead: WHY ARENT THOSE PILLS MAKING YOU BIGGER) and I say lets get this giant repetative circle going again and start the TPS April 2010 Intake started.