RCMP Ontario applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: CourtOfficer, Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2

Re: RCMP O Division applicants

Postby tbell33 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 am

Any "O" Division Applicants hear anything more (selection package etc) since receiving their RPAT score?
(End of 2011- Present)
"The Wolf Is Here Ladies & Gentlemen"
tbell33
Seasoned Member

Postby Shawshank » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm

I wrote my RPAT in October, results (3.69) end of November. And I have not heard anything since, although technically I am in A division.
Each day I don't move further towards my goal is a day that I have squandered.
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Cousineau91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Shawshank wrote:I wrote my RPAT in October, results (3.69) end of November. And I have not heard anything since, although technically I am in A division.

Yeah I got my selection package mid October, sent it in early November, been pretty quiet since - everything is getting reviewed. But I'm also in 'A' divison - Ottawa.

Shawshank.. with regards to your post on the general RCMP forum - September 2013 is probably a good guess lol, I spoke to someone in recruiting and I was told at this point (poly. questionnaire review) if everything should go well, I'm looking at another 12 - 18 months easy.. that's without any hiccups along the way... 88) If/when I become a member, I'll have grown to be a very patient person.. :)

Best of luck!
K Div.
Cousineau91

Postby Shawshank » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Cousineau91 wrote:
Shawshank wrote:I wrote my RPAT in October, results (3.69) end of November. And I have not heard anything since, although technically I am in A division.

Yeah I got my selection package mid October, sent it in early November, been pretty quiet since - everything is getting reviewed. But I'm also in 'A' divison - Ottawa.

Shawshank.. with regards to your post on the general RCMP forum - September 2013 is probably a good guess lol, I spoke to someone in recruiting and I was told at this point (poly. questionnaire review) if everything should go well, I'm looking at another 12 - 18 months easy.. that's without any hiccups along the way... 88) If/when I become a member, I'll have grown to be a very patient person.. :)

Best of luck!

I do what is asked of me, then forget I have applied. Seems easier.
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Cousineau91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Cousineau91 wrote:

I do what is asked of me, then forget I have applied. Seems easier.

Yeah easier for sure, practically impossible though. You're telling me you never wonder about your application and how it's going? :P
K Div.
Cousineau91

Postby Shawshank » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Cousineau91 wrote:
Yeah easier for sure, practically impossible though. You're telling me you never wonder about your application and how it's going? :P

I check the mail on a regular basis and my junk email, just in case.
My time will come.
Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Postby Cousineau91 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Shawshank wrote:
Cousineau91 wrote:

I check the mail on a regular basis and my junk email, just in case.

Yeah I don't doubt it.

I got a call from recruiting today, they wanted to clarify a couple things from my poly questionnaire. Then I was told my polygraph questionnaire review was complete and that I was recommended to the next stage, but that it wasn't guaranteed. Not too sure what to make of it, I'll just have to wait and see if they call me for an interview...Anybody had a similar experience?
K Div.
Cousineau91

Postby Cousineau91 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm

My RMSI is booked for April 13th, moving forward :D
K Div.
Cousineau91

Postby Tdot786 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:49 pm

cmitch wrote:Great stuff Cousineau91! I will definitely post any updates, as I am sure you will too. It's great to know that I've got some close company in the pre-hiring journey. Who knows? We could end up in the same Troop! Best always!

Hey cmitch, any updates so far?
im also O division just sitting around waiting...
Ontario
RPAT: June 2011
Selection Package Received: Mar 2012
Selection Package Sent: Mar, 2012
Pare: May 25th 2012 (PASSED)
RMSI: June 14th 2012 (PASSED)
PIRL: June 26th 2012 (SELECTED)
Polygraph: August 9th 2012
Medical: ??
BGI: ??
Troop: ??
Tdot786

Postby Tdot786 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:42 pm

tbell33 wrote:Any "O" Division Applicants hear anything more (selection package etc) since receiving their RPAT score?
(End of 2011- Present)

I got my RPAT scores in summer of 2011 and then i got my selection package now (feb/mar 2012).
But as far as i have seen on these forums, everybody's timeline is different.

BTW, anybody going to be at the PARE on April 27th @ Humber?
Ontario
RPAT: June 2011
Selection Package Received: Mar 2012
Selection Package Sent: Mar, 2012
Pare: May 25th 2012 (PASSED)
RMSI: June 14th 2012 (PASSED)
PIRL: June 26th 2012 (SELECTED)
Polygraph: August 9th 2012
Medical: ??
BGI: ??
Troop: ??
Tdot786

Postby olblue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 am

tdot,

how did you score on the rpat? just got my results, did well but no selection package.

ty,

A
olblue
Rookie Member

Postby B.M » Sat May 05, 2012 4:58 am

Does anyone know how the RPAB is scored? The rcmp website states it is out of 500, but i spoke to a recruiter and she said its not but she doesn't know exactly what the number is as it is still a new process. I was wondering if anyone knew of a really high score so i can compare for reference. I also asked about the SFPQ score, she said it's not out of a hundred and that an average score was between 55-59. I'm a bit confused as a percentage score implies out of 100.

my results:
RPAT 3.91
SFPQ 64
RPAB 269.

any clarification would be appreciated.
B.M
Rookie Member

Postby trekwest » Tue May 15, 2012 12:11 pm

B.M wrote:Does anyone know how the RPAB is scored? The rcmp website states it is out of 500, but i spoke to a recruiter and she said its not but she doesn't know exactly what the number is as it is still a new process. I was wondering if anyone knew of a really high score so i can compare for reference. I also asked about the SFPQ score, she said it's not out of a hundred and that an average score was between 55-59. I'm a bit confused as a percentage score implies out of 100.

my results:
RPAT 3.91
SFPQ 64
RPAB 269.

any clarification would be appreciated.

Greetings from K-Division:

There's no real emphasis on the RPAB score, from what I've learned. RPAT is the key number. I too wondered about the total score and the recruiter said not to sweat it, we're all being evaluated primarily on the RPAT exam at first stage. I have no idea on how that scale is even interpreted...tried some google searches and pokin around and haven't found much.

As a comparison, I got a higher RPAT than you, but lower SFPQ/overall RPAB score, and promptly received the selection package.

I would imagine 3.91 is solid enough to receive a kit but I read that the benchmark can vary from region to region and according to current recruiting needs. The RCMP site has the selection forms, and thus suggest familiarizing yourself with the info requirements and do some prelim gathering as it is quite a bit to plow through.

For me, got the 'package clarification call' about a week after kit submission, now awaiting final clearance to proceed to PARE and RMSI.

Good luck with your app! Fun times. :alright:
K-Div
RPAT Mar 15 '12
RPAT Results Apr 3 ( PASS: 4.45 )
Selection Pkg Rec'd Apr 13
Selection Pkg Sent Apr 30
Phone Intvw May 7 ( PASS )
PARE June 7 ( PASS: 3:53 )
RMSI June 8 ( PASS )
Poly July 10 ( Deferral 1 yr )
trekwest
Rookie Member

Postby PCwannabe » Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 am

Trekwest: In both E and O divisions we have the IRL that your score gets placed onto. Your placement on the IRL is determined by your RPAB score not your RPAT. I do not think you have to worry about this in K division and could be why the recruiter you spoke with said what she said. We only receive a package when our score is selected to be taken off the IRL.

cheers
exam-Oct 17/08
Pre Poly -Jan 13/09
PARE-Apr 8/09
RMSI-May 1/09
Poly-May 18/09
Psyc-Nov 25/09
Medical-Dec 16/09
Dental-Mar 4/10
BGI-Pending
PIRL-Nov 1/10
RPAB-Nov26/11
RPAB-Jan 10/12 passed
RPAB - Jan 13 ext
Package - Aug 16/13
PARE - Oct9
PCwannabe
Veteran Member

Postby ImFromToronto » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm

I've been browsing the forums and it seems the application process takes much much longer in O division compared to all the other provinces. Would someone please explain to me as to why this is? From the research i've conducted it seems it takes anywhere between 18-24 months?

Anyways, I'm writing the RPAB on June 14th. I'm 28 years old and feel ready to start a career with the RCMP!

Thanks!
ImFromToronto
Rookie Member

PreviousNext

Return to Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ)