RCMP Quebec applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

RCMP Recruiter
Seasoned Member

Re: RCMP C division applicants

Postby RCMP Recruiter » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 pm

You require BBB. I'm BCB in French myself (C in comprehension) and I know it would be a challenge to do training at that level. Not impossible though. My troop was all bilingual and we helped the francophones with the stuff they didn't catch in class. We try to ensure there are strong bilingual cadets in troops with francophones who just have BBB. The purpose of Depot is to train you, not wash people out. Reasonable steps to get you through will be taken.

Hopefully Mountiegirl will stop by this thread for some input. You could also send her a PM if you have questions. She's a bilingual francophone from Quebec.

nicolas
Rookie Member

Postby nicolas » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm BEB (B for oral). I choose "french only" the day of my RPAT but according to the post of RCMP recruiter it could be interesting for me to aply for a bilingual troop. At what step of the process could I change this choice ?
----------------------------
CBSA
BSOT - passed 02/2008
Interview - passed 03/2008
RCR - passed 09/2008
PAL - sent 10/2008
Waiting for Rigaud ...

RCMP - "C" Division
RPAT - done 09/21/2009 - passed 12/29/2009
PARE - passed 10/02/22

Caroline
RCMP Recruiter

Postby Caroline » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi guys,

I suggest that anybody who wants to go to Depot in an english troop start reading and talking in english as often as possible, watching TV also helps. Practicing with someone, or even taking classes if you can is great. You have to remember that Depot can be compared to University. Understanding the Criminal Code is not like being able to hold a conversation with someone about the weather. I was bilingual when I whent through depot, had done police foundations ( in french ) so I knew the basics about law and I still had to work hard at passing all the exams, interviews etc. so if you can get ahead by following my advice , consider it one less hurdle to cross once you get there. Also I was the only bilingual on my troop but that is a rare thing today.

Also I found that my mind was tired at night after a long day in class ! Because I was translating everything in my mind ( or concentrating a bit harder to understand ) I was exahusted from thinking and learning in english. But once in the field It got a lot easier, more relax and less stress. Then coming back to Québec I had to relearn the terms of the force in french ! I even had to learn how to write again since french can be such a challenge that if you don't practice it for a few years you can loose it.

If any other questions , let me know

Caroline

RCMP Recruiter
Seasoned Member

Postby RCMP Recruiter » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:14 am

nicolas wrote:I'm BEB (B for oral). I choose "french only" the day of my RPAT but according to the post of RCMP recruiter it could be interesting for me to aply for a bilingual troop. At what step of the process could I change this choice ?
Wait to see how you did on the RPAT. If you are going forward you can contact your local recruiter to advise that you would do your training in English or French.

The Truth

Postby The Truth » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 pm

( Re-post under correct thread ;) )

Hi guys,

My name is Steve and I'm from Montreal, which of course makes me an C Div. applicant. Some of you may have seen me posting a bit in other RCMP related threads, however I am still relatively new to the forums.

At this point I'm still waiting for my RPAT results, see my stats below.

Nice to see we have our own thread. Go team! :alright:

The Truth
BSO

kayc906
Veteran Member

Postby kayc906 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:34 am

Welcome to blueline ( a month later...) ;) Good luck throughout your process.
"E" Division Regular Member

matt1786
Veteran Member

Postby matt1786 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 am

As a fellow Montreal'er, welcome to the forums!

For those who are curious, I called the recruiting line earlier this week and I was informed that they will only be posting the January 2010 RPAT dates in early January.

PS. Once again this city has failed to efficiently manage and execute the snow removal efforts. Makes you wonder if they will ever get it right?
Career Presentation: July 13th, 2009 - Attended
RPAT: March 22, 2010 - PASSED
Selection Package - Pending Delivery

james73
Rookie Member

Postby james73 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:26 am

Hi all,

Do you know when the security clearance is done in c division, it's before the final revew or after? It's a part of bgi?

matt1786
Veteran Member

Postby matt1786 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 am

james73 wrote:Hi all,

Do you know when the security clearance is done in c division, it's before the final revew or after? It's a part of bgi?
If I'm not mistaken, the security clearance spans over a range of steps beginning from the polygraph (probably some of the paperwork in the selection package as well) and ending with the final review. If you make to final review and they are satisfied with you and your file they will grant you the security clearance you need.

Hope this helps.
Career Presentation: July 13th, 2009 - Attended
RPAT: March 22, 2010 - PASSED
Selection Package - Pending Delivery

kayc906
Veteran Member

Postby kayc906 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

You get your security clearance just before your file move to the final review.
"E" Division Regular Member

rolex
Veteran Member

Postby rolex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:12 am

Do you know when the security clearance is done in c division, it's before the final review or after? It's a part of bgi?
I am currently waiting for my SC and I was told after that the only thing left was to wait for a depot date. That come directly from my recruiter.................. I didn't even know my BGI was done and for the FR I guess it got pushed thru at some point.............. All I know is that I've been on hold since September 2009, I was told back then I had to wait 6 months so I'm guessing my next call should come sometime in March.

FYI

My friend did his RPAT in September sent in his application in November and he just got the news that everything was on hold. Didn't say how long but looks like everything has come to a stand still in C div.

Its good to see some into coming into this thread keep it coming.

nicolas
Rookie Member

Postby nicolas » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 pm

rolex wrote:
FYI

My friend did his RPAT in September sent in his application in November and he just got the news that everything was on hold. Didn't say how long but looks like everything has come to a stand still in C div.

Same for me. I wrote my RPAT in September and I still have no news ... I called the recruitement office and they told me that september's results will be sent early January 2010.
CBSA
BSOT - passed 02/2008
RCR - passed 09/2008
PAL - sent 10/2008
Waiting for Rigaud ...

RCMP - "C" Division
PARE - passed 10/02/22

The Truth

Postby The Truth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:15 pm

nicolas wrote: Same for me. I wrote my RPAT in September and I still have no news ... I called the recruitement office and they told me that september's results will be sent early January 2010.
Wow. Looks like I will be waiting for quite awhile.

In the meantime I have applied for basic training with the Canadian Military and will soon apply to the OPP. :)

Good luck to all in the process.. :) Patience is a virtue.
BSO

james73
Rookie Member

Postby james73 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:04 am

You bgi is done and you never met the investigator? I met him in october...My coordinator wait for the database verification to send my file to final revew, i thing it's the security clearance.A long waiting time is coming..........

rolex wrote:

Do you know when the security clearance is done in c division, it's before the final review or after? It's a part of bgi?
I am currently waiting for my SC and I was told after that the only thing left was to wait for a depot date. That come directly from my recruiter.................. I didn't even know my BGI was done and for the FR I guess it got pushed thru at some point.............. All I know is that I've been on hold since September 2009, I was told back then I had to wait 6 months so I'm guessing my next call should come sometime in March.

FYI

nicolas
Rookie Member

Postby nicolas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 am

Hi folks,
I've finally found out that I passed my RPAT. My score is 4.33.
Now, I've to wait a letter to know if I'm selected to continue the process (according my RPAT's score I guess)
Anyone else in this situation ?
CBSA
BSOT - passed 02/2008
RCR - passed 09/2008
PAL - sent 10/2008
Waiting for Rigaud ...

RCMP - "C" Division
PARE - passed 10/02/22