RCMP British Columbia applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

markinvan
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP British Columbia applicants

Postby markinvan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:48 am

ikong0621 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:52 pm
k_eds wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm
Not a lot of discussion here recently. How are all of your applications going? I had the psych test today.
Currently sitting at the suitability stage and waiting for the RMAQ phone call. Let's hope I can get the email to schedule the phone call in July.
When I had the call last year, they did schedule it with me. We scheduled it through email a day ahead. When I got the call in the morning, his computer froze up, so he went through as much as he could with me.
BC Applicant
Lasik Surgery-04/18
Online App-05/18
SP-08/18
RMAQ Rev-10/18
PEP-11/18
PEP Rec-12/18
MMPI-2-01/19
FSR Rec-02/18
Medical Rec-04/19
Security Rec-05/19
Troop #23 Oct.14 :pistols:

VI_Applicant
Rookie Member

Postby VI_Applicant » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi All,

Applying from the south island here. Just passed my RPAB at Green Timbers. Hoping anyone from the island can chime in. Have people from the island been able to do certain steps on the island? The PEP, medical/psych, steps that are done in person? Or do you just start accepting the ferry costs?

Thanks
Applied-19-06-26
RPAB-19-07-12 (4.28)
SP Received-19-07-21
SP Approved-19-07-29

Merlyn1980
Rookie Member

Postby Merlyn1980 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 pm

PEP is done at Green Timbers, and you'll be either be booked for travel or authorized to take your own vehicle across the ferry and reimbursed. The med/psych is scheduled by you from a list of authorized Drs in your area that they'll provide to you when/if you get to that point.
B.C. Applicant
App: Jan/19
RPAB: Feb/19
SP: Mar/19
SP Rec: Apr/19
RMAQ: May/19
RFI: May/19
BGI: June/19
PEP: June/19
PEP Rec: June/19
MMPI: June/19
Medical: July/19
Psych: Aug/19
Medical Rec:
SC:
Troop: :ponder:

livinthelife

Postby livinthelife » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm

VI_Applicant wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 pm
Hi All,

Applying from the south island here. Just passed my RPAB at Green Timbers. Hoping anyone from the island can chime in. Have people from the island been able to do certain steps on the island? The PEP, medical/psych, steps that are done in person? Or do you just start accepting the ferry costs?

Thanks
Hired and from Victoria. My experience was that I did my PEP in Nov 2018, they covered all costs of my travel to Surrey. Ferry, km, hotel, and food. It will take upto 3 months to get reimbursed.

They will send you forms on how to not pay for medical, physc, etc.. it is easy and clear direction.

Good luck.
Troop 17

Millage
Rookie Member

Postby Millage » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:42 pm

livinthelife wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm
VI_Applicant wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 pm
Hi All,

Thanks
Hired and from Victoria. My experience was that I did my PEP in Nov 2018, they covered all costs of my travel to Surrey. Ferry, km, hotel, and food. It will take upto 3 months to get reimbursed.

They will send you forms on how to not pay for medical, physc, etc.. it is easy and clear direction.

Good luck.
Troop 17
I am from Vancouver Island and currently waiting for my Security Clearance to be issued, and I did not have to leave the Island for any appointments throughout the application process.

RedRaptor
Rookie Member

Postby RedRaptor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm from Vancouver Island as well and anything requiring an in-person appointment was done locally for the most part. I didn't have to travel at all except the Polygraph which was done in Victoria.

Merlyn1980
Rookie Member

Postby Merlyn1980 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Looks like it depends on where they schedule your PEP at, either Victoria or Surray. Regardless, you're gonna be taken care of. No worries, be honest & try not too stress much. :)
B.C. Applicant
App: Jan/19
RPAB: Feb/19
SP: Mar/19
SP Rec: Apr/19
RMAQ: May/19
RFI: May/19
BGI: June/19
PEP: June/19
PEP Rec: June/19
MMPI: June/19
Medical: July/19
Psych: Aug/19
Medical Rec:
SC:
Troop: :ponder:

VI_Applicant
Rookie Member

Postby VI_Applicant » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am

I'll do my best, thanks everyone.
Applied-19-06-26
RPAB-19-07-12 (4.28)
SP Received-19-07-21
SP Approved-19-07-29

trust82

Postby trust82 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 pm

After all, Security Clearance has been issued, a little faster than I expected.
Probably a few or several more weeks until I'll know the troop # that's gonna have my name on its list.
I hope that other BC applicants following this thread received news and are willing to share with us.
Stay busy out there.
Time goes by so fast...

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:31 pm

trust82 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 pm
Probably a few or several more weeks until I'll know the troop # that's gonna have my name on its list.
I hope that other BC applicants following this thread received news and are willing to share with us.
Stay busy out there.
Time goes by so fast...
Good luck! Currently vacationing.

Bad news for me is that they want another security interview as soon as I come back. I was hoping to relax and let them process my security clearance. However an email came in right before I left asking me to phone them ASAP when I come back in 5 weeks. Haha.

So, I'm stressing in a very relaxed way until I come back ;)

trust82

Postby trust82 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:08 am

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:31 pm
trust82 wrote:
Stay busy out there.
Time goes by so fast...
Good luck! Currently vacationing.

Bad news for me is that they want another security interview as soon as I come back. I was hoping to relax and let them process my security clearance. However an email came in right before I left asking me to phone them ASAP when I come back in 5 weeks. Haha.

So, I'm stressing in a very relaxed way until I come back ;)

Oh, man...
I had no interview, just got the SC. I'm glad it worked out smooth. I was also away, just before having it issued. Don't stress out, thinking about possible questions. At the end of the "interview", you will see that it was all about clarifying some "things". Good luck!

Stay safe and enjoy your vacation.

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:24 am

trust82 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:08 am
Oh, man...
I had no interview, just got the SC. I'm glad it worked out smooth. I was also away, just before having it issued. Don't stress out, thinking about possible questions. At the end of the "interview", you will see that it was all about clarifying some "things". Good luck!

Stay safe and enjoy your vacation.
Thanks! Hopefully you get the call soon! I think the most recent loading of troops has just started December (I think?). Hopefully see you on the other side.

But Yeah. I disclosed some family stuff way early in the process (among other things) and they have every right to flag my application. It was only a matter of time until I was scheduled another interview.

I'd like to think that my honesty from the get-go has brought me to the semi-final stage.

I'd like to think that they wouldn't have wasted all the time and money on me just to say ,"No", at this late stage.

However, I understand that ANYTHING can happen and that there are no guarantees.

markinvan
Rookie Member

Postby markinvan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:13 am

trust82 wrote:
Stay busy out there.
Time goes by so fast...
I went to Code 5 a few weeks back with a troop mate for their PARE session. There was a guy who got his SC and troop date on the same day. AFAIK, they are moving very fast with assigning troop dates right now and people get troop dates all over the place. So receiving your golden call later doesn't necessarily mean you will receive a later troop date.
BC Applicant
Lasik Surgery-04/18
Online App-05/18
SP-08/18
RMAQ Rev-10/18
PEP-11/18
PEP Rec-12/18
MMPI-2-01/19
FSR Rec-02/18
Medical Rec-04/19
Security Rec-05/19

trust82

Postby trust82 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm

markinvan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:13 am
trust82 wrote:
Stay busy out there.
Time goes by so fast...
I went to Code 5 a few weeks back with a troop mate for their PARE session. There was a guy who got his SC and troop date on the same day. AFAIK, they are moving very fast with assigning troop dates right now and people get troop dates all over the place. So receiving your golden call later doesn't necessarily mean you will receive a later troop date.
You're right, there is nothing certain.
I just look at the timeframes pattern. It SEEMS like there is a troop filled up each week, about 3-4 months from now.
It used to be same day or just a few days apart, until April, this year (for some). Some people just change their mind (at any given time, for any given reason), and the recruiters will fill in the troop with whomever said they need a day or a week notice. Not my case, as I need a few weeks notice, for exceeding circumstances (which I'm not gonna mention here).

When I was in the process first time, I only asked for 2 weeks notice. I got my medical clearance on a Monday and next day the flight ticket, troop starting in 2 weeks. My Security Clearance was issued about a month after, while in training at Depot.

So, you are right, nothing is certain, is just my guessing. Anyway, all of you who said you need a few hours or a day notice, expect that Recruiters might call you when you least expect it. Cheers.

markinvan
Rookie Member

Postby markinvan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 pm

trust82 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm
markinvan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:13 am
trust82 wrote:
Stay busy out there.
Time goes by so fast...
You're right, there is nothing certain.
I just look at the timeframes pattern. It SEEMS like there is a troop filled up each week, about 3-4 months from now.
It used to be same day or just a few days apart, until April, this year (for some). Some people just change their mind (at any given time, for any given reason), and the recruiters will fill in the troop with whomever said they need a day or a week notice. Not my case, as I need a few weeks notice, for exceeding circumstances (which I'm not gonna mention here).

When I was in the process first time, I only asked for 2 weeks notice. I got my medical clearance on a Monday and next day the flight ticket, troop starting in 2 weeks. My Security Clearance was issued about a month after, while in training at Depot.

So, you are right, nothing is certain, is just my guessing. Anyway, all of you who said you need a few hours or a day notice, expect that Recruiters might call you when you least expect it. Cheers.
Damn, you were at Depot before? What happaned? If you don't mind me asking.
BC Applicant
Lasik Surgery-04/18
Online App-05/18
SP-08/18
RMAQ Rev-10/18
PEP-11/18
PEP Rec-12/18
MMPI-2-01/19
FSR Rec-02/18
Medical Rec-04/19
Security Rec-05/19