RCMP British Columbia applicants

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
depotdot
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP British Columbia applicants

Postby depotdot » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:11 am

Spitz42 wrote:
I did not know people ask the same questions. Most of my posts have not been in the RCMP thread nor is it a thread that I look at constantly. Maybe you need to figure out that not everyone comes on to this thread everyday :D

Also maybe you can work on your communication skills :D

I'll get the popcorn... this ought to be good! :swords:

Spitz42
Rookie Member

Postby Spitz42 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:22 pm

VanSmack wrote:[quote="Spitz42"

You've been a ember here for over a year, and poted frequently enough to have 70 post, so there's really no excuse for you to not already know that there is no real answer to this question, as it varies widely from one applicant to another. This forum is a gret resource for people who are actually willing to pay attention and seek out the information they are looking for, however asking the same questions repeatedly serves to do nothing other than bury other relevant information people may be looking for and to aggravate the people being asked to give the same answers to the same tired questions from people too lazy to find their own answers.

I did not know people ask the same questions. Most of my posts have not been in the RCMP thread nor is it a thread that I look at constantly. Maybe you need to figure out that not everyone comes on to this thread everyday :D

Also maybe you can work on your communication skills :D[/quote]

My communictions skills are just fine, thanks, I said exactly what I meant to say and communicated those things to you quite clearly and concisely.

You on the other hand have a number of things that you should quite obviouly work on, epecially if you have any inention of becoming a police officer, erhps we should examine a few of them:

1) Ability to conduct investigations - i.e. independently locate and gather information in order to figure something out.
2) Self-sufficieny - i.e. the ability to do things without relying on other people, especially as it relates to simple tasks that require next to no effort whatsoever.
3) Reading comprehension - ability to nderstand and retin information that has been read - i.e. the answer to your question, which was posted countless times over, and over again in pretty much ANY thread involving the RCMP appliation process.
4) Interpersonal skills - this was never about me, YOU made it a personal attack, albeit a pretty lame one. If you get offended when people advise you that the information you seek is already out there then perhaps you need to rethink policing, as it would seem you are far too sensitive to take any of the verbal abuse the public directs te police's way on a daily basis.

But hey, you can go ahead and continue acting like an asshat and eventually you'll find the applicant's forum will be super helpful for you, as the only people with any real basis for knowledge as it relates to actually getting hired will stop coming in here and dealing with this kind of stupidity, and all the applicants will be left to misinform each other and spread idle speculation amongst themselves.[/quote]

Not only do you have difficulty spelling, but you also get agitated by a post on the internet. I wonder what you are like as a police officer :shock:

The only person that needs to rethink about a career in policing is you. I just asked a question and then you come out and attack me by calling me lazy and an asshat.

Spitz42
Rookie Member

Postby Spitz42 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:41 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Spitz42 wrote:
VanSmack wrote:[quote="Spitz42"

You've been a ember here for over a year, and poted frequently enough to have 70 post, so there's really no excuse for you to not already know that there is no real answer to this question, as it varies widely from one applicant to another. This forum is a gret resource for people who are actually willing to pay attention and seek out the information they are looking for, however asking the same questions repeatedly serves to do nothing other than bury other relevant information people may be looking for and to aggravate the people being asked to give the same answers to the same tired questions from people too lazy to find their own answers.

Also maybe you can work on your communication skills :D

My communictions skills are just fine, thanks, I said exactly what I meant to say and communicated those things to you quite clearly and concisely.

You on the other hand have a number of things that you should quite obviouly work on, epecially if you have any inention of becoming a police officer, erhps we should examine a few of them:

1) Ability to conduct investigations - i.e. independently locate and gather information in order to figure something out.
2) Self-sufficieny - i.e. the ability to do things without relying on other people, especially as it relates to simple tasks that require next to no effort whatsoever.
3) Reading comprehension - ability to nderstand and retin information that has been read - i.e. the answer to your question, which was posted countless times over, and over again in pretty much ANY thread involving the RCMP appliation process.
4) Interpersonal skills - this was never about me, YOU made it a personal attack, albeit a pretty lame one. If you get offended when people advise you that the information you seek is already out there then perhaps you need to rethink policing, as it would seem you are far too sensitive to take any of the verbal abuse the public directs te police's way on a daily basis.

But hey, you can go ahead and continue acting like an asshat and eventually you'll find the applicant's forum will be super helpful for you, as the only people with any real basis for knowledge as it relates to actually getting hired will stop coming in here and dealing with this kind of stupidity, and all the applicants will be left to misinform each other and spread idle speculation amongst themselves.

Not only do you have difficulty spelling, but you also get agitated by a post on the internet. I wonder what you are like as a police officer :shock:

The only person that needs to rethink about a career in policing is you. I just asked a question and then you come out and attack me by calling me lazy and an asshat.[/quote]

Yeah, the spelling is due to a Bluetooth keyboard that skips keys and that I'm still getting used to using. I did say you were being lazy, because you were being lazy, and I subsequently said you were being an asshat because you decided that rather than recognize that you were being lazy and moving on that you'd come back here and argue the point and question my communication skills.

Luckily I probably won't have to worry about wondering what you'll be like as a police officer, I'm sure the answer to your "how long will my application take" is going to be "not for a very, very long time."[/quote]

I am sure if a jerk like you can get in, then I stand a great chance. :D

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:20 am

I wish we had a vetting system in place that you had to go through to become a member and post here. Something that would weed out the arrogant types.

LP89CG
Rookie Member

Postby LP89CG » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:51 am

My PARE is now up to date and valid... Just waiting for SC to come thru as everything else is finished.

I was told last month that I should hear within a month.

camkram
Rookie Member

Postby camkram » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:25 pm

longer33 wrote:Second PARE scheduled for Oct 31 in Surrey. Going to be tough to beat my first PARE time but looking forward to the challenge.

Nice! If I get through my RMSI, I'll see you there! What was your time for your first attempt?

longer33
Rookie Member

Postby longer33 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 pm

3:05
RPAB- 10/14
SP- 11/14
RMAQ- 12/14
RMSI- 03/15
PARE- 03/15 (3:05)
PEP- 05/15
PEP- 06/15- Passed
BGI- 07/15- Passed
Medical-10/15- Cleared
Psych-10/15
PARE2- 10/15 (3:07)
SC-11/15-Passed

Troop 29!! Feb 17

camkram
Rookie Member

Postby camkram » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 am

Hey all. Just wanted to provide an update from my RMSI yesterday. I passed and the forums really help affirm my preparation for it.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who have been supporting other applicants on the forum. Reading posts on this forum helped me focus in more for my RMSI.

alimartin
Rookie Member

Postby alimartin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:55 am

camkram wrote:Hey all. Just wanted to provide an update from my RMSI yesterday. I passed and the forums really help affirm my preparation for it.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who have been supporting other applicants on the forum. Reading posts on this forum helped me focus in more for my RMSI.

Good for you!

You had the RMSI yesterday, correct? Did they tell you at the interview you passed, or did you get notification from your recruiter later? Are you in the LMD?

camkram
Rookie Member

Postby camkram » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:59 am

alimartin wrote:
camkram wrote:Hey all. Just wanted to provide an update from my RMSI yesterday. I passed and the forums really help affirm my preparation for it.

Good for you!

You had the RMSI yesterday, correct? Did they tell you at the interview you passed, or did you get notification from your recruiter later? Are you in the LMD?

The interviewer asked me to come back after an hour. I hung around the area and had a bite to eat and got to watch the tail end of the Blue Jays game. He brought me in after the 45 min wait and let me know the good news. I'm not sure if this would be the same for everyone though.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you mean by LMD. If you are asking if I'm in the Lower Mainland, yes I am.

ohmaii
Rookie Member

Postby ohmaii » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:51 am

Congratulations on going forward to the next step!

I just received news that I passed my PEP. From what I hear, it's basically a long ass wait from here on out for the remaining stages.

rice-boy
Rookie Member

Postby rice-boy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 pm

I also received a word that I've passed polygraph a week ago. Is the BGI next or medical next?
Reinsertion - April 14, 2015
RMAQ - May 6, 2015
PARE - Aug 10, 2015 (3.40)
RMSI - July 15, 2015
PEP - Sept 11, 2015
MEDICAL - Dec, 2015
PSYCH - Dec 10, 2015
PSYCH INTERVIEW - Jan 7, 2016
BGI - Feb, 2016
SUITABILITY -Mar, 2016
SC - April, 2016
TROOP - 2!!