GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
three-six
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby three-six » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:
Pacific_BSO wrote:"Whooosh"? Irish, clarify yourself

In one ear out the other, or right over your head, whichever you prefer.

You have to realize most of my posts are heavy on sarcasm, satire, and jest.

I knew you meant by not having the right attitude you could get disciplined.

I was jokingly saying, "you must be mistaken, by being out for yourself it will help you climb the career ladder TO the chiefs office".

As that position does require a fair amount of looking out for yourself as an individual and political maneouvering on your part, not really playing on 'the team' as it were.

And now the joke has lost some of it's luster.

The joke has lost some of its luster.

But,
Pacific_BSO wrote:"Whooosh"? Irish, clarify yourself
would reiterate what everyone is thinking.
Last edited by three-six on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
--

Columbo
Seasoned Member

Postby Columbo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Nah, the joke's still funny because you had to explain it. LMAO. :D
"One more thing..."

Pacific_BSO

Postby Pacific_BSO » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:30 pm

BobB wrote:Nah, the joke's still funny because you had to explain it. LMAO. :D

Yes.... extremely funny :ponder:
**CBSA Officer**

three-six
Rookie Member

Postby three-six » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Pacific_BSO wrote:
BobB wrote:Nah, the joke's still funny because you had to explain it. LMAO. :D

Yes.... extremely funny :ponder:

AND... It is still funny. Wow, this is to good.
--

Pacific_BSO

Postby Pacific_BSO » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Still laughing now
**CBSA Officer**

Breathmaster
Rookie Member

Postby Breathmaster » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:23 pm

So after "listening" to the latest and reviewing the 300+ pages of anything related to the CBSA: Recruiting, Rigaud etc.,
It all boils down to the fact that the newbies should really think on what the job is all about. If you are not going to bother digging up the info on this career, how do you expect to be trusted in performing the functions needed?
Since I applied in FEB/09 the number of people applying testing and interviews was staggering. The main reason applying for is the challenge it creates: knowledge base, training formats, and the ever present Survivor CBSA mentality of some individuals ( No Bob, not you) but those with a school playground attitudes.
I am hitting the Books (D's), Acts, etc., even though there may be a chance I do not make it. But I am NOT going to sit by and expect this "job" to fall in my lap or whine that some part was failed.
Put everything into perspective, know what the Laws are that give you the right to put to use the processes that are outlined on the CBSA web site. Then you can understand how this BSOT weeds out the number of applicants. Interviews and Psych tests are the refinement process that reviews the remaining candidates and picks out what is needed from the "best".
The CBSA is not the end all or be all and if you apply the investigative techniques to find the answers to all your questions then you are ahead of the game. You can now use this in the everyday process at your Port once you get there. :boxer:

[quote][i][i]Maximum efficiency = Minimum effort: apply it everywhere[/i][/i]

Pacific_BSO

Postby Pacific_BSO » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Where do you get these from? I'd like to browse them on lunch break.
**CBSA Officer**

Columbo
Seasoned Member

Postby Columbo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Breathmaster wrote:So after "listening" to the latest and reviewing the 300+ pages of anything related to the CBSA: Recruiting, Rigaud etc.,
It all boils down to the fact that the newbies should really think on what the job is all about. If you are not going to bother digging up the info on this career, how do you expect to be trusted in performing the functions needed?
Since I applied in FEB/09 the number of people applying testing and interviews was staggering. The main reason applying for is the challenge it creates: knowledge base, training formats, and the ever present Survivor CBSA mentality of some individuals ( No Bob, not you) but those with a school playground attitudes.
I am hitting the Books (D's), Acts, etc., even though there may be a chance I do not make it. But I am NOT going to sit by and expect this "job" to fall in my lap or whine that some part was failed.
Put everything into perspective, know what the Laws are that give you the right to put to use the processes that are outlined on the CBSA web site. Then you can understand how this BSOT weeds out the number of applicants. Interviews and Psych tests are the refinement process that reviews the remaining candidates and picks out what is needed from the "best".
The CBSA is not the end all or be all and if you apply the investigative techniques to find the answers to all your questions then you are ahead of the game. You can now use this in the everyday process at your Port once you get there. :boxer:

[i][i]Maximum efficiency = Minimum effort: apply it everywhere[/i][/i]

Nice second post . :thumbsup: Kudos to you for expending your own time and effort. If anything was missed since page zero, ask away to the CBSA.
"One more thing..."

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:07 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:Google.

Your mean >>> THIS <<< ???
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

shoelessjoe
Rookie Member

Postby shoelessjoe » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:54 am

Hey...been awhile since I've been around. Lots of talk here--some negative, some positive, some testy. I just want to put out there that I'm a relatively new BSO (<5 years) who went through the whole process--spent time in two pools that expired and/or were cancelled, did Rigaud and have been on the line for some of the changes that have come about over the past few years. I welcome all questions--seemingly dumb or otherwise--I understand the frustration of folks seeing/responding to the same questions...but I also know the process/questions are unique and personal to every individual who's applying. If I can be of any assitance to anyone--give me a shout...either by way of the public portion of the Forum or via the private/personal message option.

We make a living but what we get
We make a life by what we give
(Churchill)

Protector24
Rookie Member

Postby Protector24 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Last edited by Protector24 on Sat May 25, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyte ryder
Rookie Member

Postby nyte ryder » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:35 pm

shoelessjoe wrote:Hey...been awhile since I've been around. Lots of talk here--some negative, some positive, some testy. I just want to put out there that I'm a relatively new BSO (<5 years) who went through the whole process--spent time in two pools that expired and/or were cancelled, did Rigaud and have been on the line for some of the changes that have come about over the past few years. I welcome all questions--seemingly dumb or otherwise--I understand the frustration of folks seeing/responding to the same questions...but I also know the process/questions are unique and personal to every individual who's applying. If I can be of any assitance to anyone--give me a shout...either by way of the public portion of the Forum or via the private/personal message option.

We make a living but what we get
We make a life by what we give
(Churchill)

:thumbsup:

p.s. I love your avatar! :)