GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby IronWolf » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am

cbmcmsa wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 am
Again, you can't compare one Agency to the next. Just because it works for the RCMP (in Regina) doesn't mean it will work for CBSA (Montreal's little neighbour). While I agree that the resumption of training is a positive, CBSA's procedure(s) relating to trainees at the college regarding COVID-19 will be determined wholly and solely by CBSA. This is regardless of people's personal beliefs about COVID-19, the Agency has the final say, and everyone should respect it (TBH).
They should both follow similar guidelines, only difference would be the added provincial guidelines.
My post was mostly FYI about the situation at Regina from a person that is actually there now, not to debate what they do or why they do it.

CanadianQuackers
Rookie Member

Postby CanadianQuackers » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am
cbmcmsa wrote:
Again, you can't compare one Agency to the next. Just because it works for the RCMP (in Regina) doesn't mean it will work for CBSA (Montreal's little neighbour). While I agree that the resumption of training is a positive, CBSA's procedure(s) relating to trainees at the college regarding COVID-19 will be determined wholly and solely by CBSA. This is regardless of people's personal beliefs about COVID-19, the Agency has the final say, and everyone should respect it (TBH).
They should both follow similar guidelines, only difference would be the added provincial guidelines.
My post was mostly FYI about the situation at Regina from a person that is actually there now, not to debate what they do or why they do it.
I've seen this brought up a few times and just want to set the record straight. None of these training facilities, with the exception of RMC in Kingston are post-secondary institutions. College and university guidelines or mandates given out by the respective provincial governments is irrelevant, due to them being federal training facilities. Provincial guidelines do not matter, they're in provincial territory but their federal nature supersedes that.

When people were posting about schools opening in Quebec, I wanted to mention this, but decided to wait, however, since it's come up again I thought I would speak to it, since my educational background can do so. Quebec and other provinces have minimal to no say in how federal entities conduct their business which includes training. They have no powers to prohibit CBSA to take on classes in Riguad. That decision remains with CBSA and the federal government by extension of Public Safety Canada. The same would go for any other federal entities, provinces have no jurisdiction in dictating how those bodies resume work.

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:39 pm

CanadianQuackers wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm
IronWolf wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am
cbmcmsa wrote:
I've seen this brought up a few times and just want to set the record straight. None of these training facilities, with the exception of RMC in Kingston are post-secondary institutions. College and university guidelines or mandates given out by the respective provincial governments is irrelevant, due to them being federal training facilities. Provincial guidelines do not matter, they're in provincial territory but their federal nature supersedes that.

When people were posting about schools opening in Quebec, I wanted to mention this, but decided to wait, however, since it's come up again I thought I would speak to it, since my educational background can do so. Quebec and other provinces have minimal to no say in how federal entities conduct their business which includes training. They have no powers to prohibit CBSA to take on classes in Riguad. That decision remains with CBSA and the federal government by extension of Public Safety Canada. The same would go for any other federal entities, provinces have no jurisdiction in dictating how those bodies resume work.
thx for sharing !

treeego
Rookie Member

Postby treeego » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:07 am

Hey y'all! Since 15A should be finishing up in a few weeks, I'm wondering if anyone from 15C has heard anything regarding their restart or has any info! Being in 15D means we'll definitely be waiting the longest, but hopefully the time will pass quickly! Thanks in advance!
CBSA
Applied - Jan 2017
Interview - April 2018
Pysch - May 2018
Pare - July 2018; June 2019
Security papers sent - May 2018
Medical - May 2018; May 2019
Integrity Interview / Clearance granted - June 2019
Online: FEB2020
Rigaud: APRIL2020

ShelbyFarquhar
Rookie Member

Postby ShelbyFarquhar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:18 am

Good morning,

Has anyone had an issue getting into their doctors office to have PARE medical forms signed ? My doctor's office is only doing telephone appointments unless they deem an in-person appointment is necessary. They've told me that signing forms does not fall under a necessary appointment.

Has anyone been allowed to use a medical form from a previous PARE test that was within a year's time frame? I know it's a long shot.

TIA
Applied: February 2019
OTEE - February 2019
Interview: April 2019
Psych: August 2019
Security Papers: September 2019
Pare: August 2020
Integrity Interview: January 2020
Security Clearance: February 2020
Medical: TBD
Online OITP: TBD
Rigaud: TBD

LivePositive
Rookie Member

Postby LivePositive » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:32 am

ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:18 am
Good morning,

Has anyone had an issue getting into their doctors office to have PARE medical forms signed ? My doctor's office is only doing telephone appointments unless they deem an in-person appointment is necessary. They've told me that signing forms does not fall under a necessary appointment.

Has anyone been allowed to use a medical form from a previous PARE test that was within a year's time frame? I know it's a long shot.

TIA

Hello,

Is it possible to email them the form and have them signed and scan back to you?

BoltUp

Postby BoltUp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:11 pm

ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Good morning,

TIA
I just completed my PARE this past May and a medical clearance form wasn’t required. Maybe ask the administrator of your test if it’s still required?
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 18
PARE: Nov, 18 - May, 20
Interview: Nov, 18

Psych Eval, April, 19
Security papers sent April 30, 19
Medical Eval: May 19
Integrity Interview Aug 20/19
Clearance Granted: Aug 23/19

OITP:
Rigaud:

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:18 pm

ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Good morning,

TIA
No such forms from a doctor were needed in 2019.
Unless you have some health issue maybe ...

new2this
Rookie Member

Postby new2this » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Two of the places that I am waiting and hoping for to reopen for the PARE testing also require a form signed by your doctor before you can do the test. I was also wondering if the form expired? (I got mine signed just before everything closed up) and I can't call to ask because the testing centres have not yet reopened.

Tornelco

Postby Tornelco » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:17 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:18 pm
ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Good morning,

TIA
It depends on where you do the PARE testing, some wants the medical forms and some don't
Correctional Peace Officer

oj2019
Rookie Member

Postby oj2019 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:17 pm

new2this wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:56 pm
Two of the places that I am waiting and hoping for to reopen for the PARE testing also require a form signed by your doctor before you can do the test. I was also wondering if the form expired? (I got mine signed just before everything closed up) and I can't call to ask because the testing centres have not yet reopened.
St. Clair requires the form, as you know. But they will allow a photocopy of the completed form. So you can use that same medical form multiple times throughout the year. The PARE medical clearance form is valid for 1 year from the date the doctor signed.

I’ve been waiting for St. Clair to open up their PARE testing again. I was registered for the March 17th test day, that of course, was cancelled and hasn’t reopened since.
OTEE: March 2019 - Pass
RPAL: August 2019
Interview: October 2019 - Pass

ShelbyFarquhar
Rookie Member

Postby ShelbyFarquhar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:33 pm

IronWolf wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:18 pm
ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Good morning,

TIA
Policefit in Ottawa has always requested a medical clearance form be done and presented on testing day
OTEE - February 2019

ShelbyFarquhar
Rookie Member

Postby ShelbyFarquhar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 pm

BoltUp wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:11 pm
ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Good morning,

TIA
I just completed my PARE this past May and a medical clearance form wasn’t required. Maybe ask the administrator of your test if it’s still required?
Thank you. Yes I have reached out to Policefit multiple times with no replies. 😔 time is ticking! My test is scheduled for Wednesday
OTEE - February 2019

ShelbyFarquhar
Rookie Member

Postby ShelbyFarquhar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:36 pm

new2this wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:56 pm
That's great to know. My only other obstacle would be if the testing center keeps the forms handed in on file. Thanks for the reply
OTEE - February 2019

5pointoh
Rookie Member

Postby 5pointoh » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:56 am

ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 pm
BoltUp wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:11 pm
ShelbyFarquhar wrote:
Good morning,

TIA
Thank you. Yes I have reached out to Policefit multiple times with no replies. 😔 time is ticking! My test is scheduled for Wednesday

Look over the forms carefully. You only need A doctor to sign and go over the forums if you checked "YES" in one of the medical questions.