GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
rabbie2x
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL CBSA APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby rabbie2x » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Kobi1 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 am
Jumb34t wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:50 am
Just did my CAT III assessment on the 19th this month but still haven't gotten any news. I was suppose to do it at a Health Canada office in Toronto but because they're closed for the month, I had to do it at a clinic in Hamilton (as per instructions from CBSA). Should I wait a little bit more or should I contact them now? And who exactly do I contact if that's the case? :ponder:

I did mine at the same location in April. It was the second one I had done as the previous one was set to expire this summer and they told me to redo it to make myself eligible for the summer intakes. I never received notification from CBSA until I emailed recruitment, the first time. The second time, I just asked the nurse and the doctor if everything looked good and they both said that it was a pass. The feeling I got was that barring anything major like near blind/ deaf or on the verge of a heart attack, most relatively healthy individuals pass. Needless qualifying statement: Not a doctor...
In Feb I was asked to renew my PARE to be included in the summer intake, even though my PARE was valid until the end of June 2020. At the same time, my Medical CATIII was set to expire in May 2020 and they didn't mention it. At the beginning of March, I decided to email recruitment to get some clarity and they told me that they are working with Health Canada to determine if extensions can be granted to CATIII validity. I asked if I could just schedule a renewal appointment and they told me to continue to monitor my email for an update. When did they request that you renew your medical? I was hoping that I could just redo it, I'd really just prefer to have everything in my candidate file up to date.
Applied: Mar/18
OTEE: Sep/18
Interview: Dec/18
PARE: Dec/18
Psych: Apr/19
Security Docs: Apr/19
Medical: May/19
Sec. Interview: Oct/19
Sec. Clearance: Nov/19
PARE renewal: Mar/20
Online:?
Rigaud:?

PrairieFire31
Rookie Member

Postby PrairieFire31 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:27 pm

Newrecruit1983 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:13 pm
Rigaud is back on June 28th. Wave A got the invite and they are going back and they graduate August 21st. Not sure if wave B or C will be at the college at the same time as Wave A. I was in wave b 5.5 weeks in when sent home. All they have told us is you will get an email stating that you are to come back and information on what to expect. But you will get this email at least with 4 weeks notice to give to your current employer or to just give 4 weeks to prepare to come back.
Best news I’ve heard in a while! Thanks for the update!
Applied: AUG2017
CFSC/CRFSC: AUG2017
PARE:SEPT2018/FEB2020
OTEE: SEPT2018
Interview: NOV2018
Psych: APR2019
Medical: MAY2019/FEB2020
Security: MAY2019
Sec. Interview: AUG2019
OITP - Online Facilitated Training: TBD
OITP - Rigaud: TBD

Emak
Rookie Member

Postby Emak » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:10 pm

PrairieFire31 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:27 pm
Newrecruit1983 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:13 pm
Rigaud is back on June 28th. Wave A got the invite and they are going back and they graduate August 21st. Not sure if wave B or C will be at the college at the same time as Wave A. I was in wave b 5.5 weeks in when sent home. All they have told us is you will get an email stating that you are to come back and information on what to expect. But you will get this email at least with 4 weeks notice to give to your current employer or to just give 4 weeks to prepare to come back.
Best news I’ve heard in a while! Thanks for the update!
Yes indeed great news to all! Best of luck all!
GTA
Applied: 04/2017
Educ Doc: 06/17 ✔
Interview: 01/18 ✔
MMPI: 01/18 + 02/20 ✔
Psych: 02/18 + 03/20 ✔
PARE: 04/18 + 10/19 (Ext 04/21)
SEC doc: sent 03/18 - 09/19 ✔
Medical: 09/18 + 09/19 (Ext 09/21)
SEC Int: 09/19 ✔
OITP: TBA
Rigaud: TBA

sunnysun
Rookie Member

Postby sunnysun » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:48 am

Hello everyone,
Just a quick question: What should I expect on Security Interview? I mean I am not asking any specific questions but just a general idea would be a great help and how long it will take if its telephonic.

Thanks in advance for reply.

Zepedder

Postby Zepedder » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:51 am

sunnysun wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:48 am
Hello everyone,
Just a quick question: What should I expect on Security Interview? I mean I am not asking any specific questions but just a general idea would be a great help and how long it will take if its telephonic.

Page 1155 this same question was asked and answered. To summarize, everything you need to know to prepare will be in the email you received. There's really nothing you can do to prepare. Just be honest with your answers and assume they already know what you're going to say would be my advice.
ON
GCT2/WCPT- Exempt
Applied- Oct, 2016
Interview- May, 2017
Psych - Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Docs- July, 2017
Medical- Feb, 2020 (renewal)
PARE- Sept, 2019 (renewal)
Security Int.- July, 2018
Clearance - August, 2018
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:58 am

sunnysun wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:48 am
Hello everyone,

Just be honest with your answers and you'll be good .
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Inventory/Request for Docs- Dec 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Medical - Feb 2019/Mar 2020 Renewal
Pare- April 2019
Security Interview - May 2019
Security Clearance- Dec 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

pennyjean75
Rookie Member

Postby pennyjean75 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:14 pm

I may have the worst timing in the world. I applied 4 years ago this month. I finally heard I got my security clearance two and a half years after my interview (Jan 2020). Had a major surgery in February and, while I was still in hospital, got an email saying something to the effect of "Hey, send in your PARE so we can move things along". They were gracious enough to provide me with a long extension as I required considerable amount of recovery time. But, now it seems that I'll have a whole lot of steps to redo which, with the current global situation, probably won't move so quickly. Anyone else in the same boat? Check out the timeline...

It's been a while since I've been up-to-date on what's been going on on the forum and it's an awful lot to read through (and difficult to bounce around the different topics and stay on thread). I've spent an hour going through posts on a tiny screen so, if there is anyone out there that has any ideas at what I'm looking at next, anything you could tell me would be much appreciated.
BC
Applied: Jun/16
Standardized tests: Sept/16
Interview: Oct/16
Psych test: Nov/16
Psych int: Nov/16
Med exam: Nov/16 and Nov/17
PARE: Jun 6/20
Integrity Interview: Oct 31/17
Security clearance: Jan 16/2020

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:57 am

pennyjean75 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:14 pm
I may have the worst timing in the world. I applied 4 years ago this month. I finally heard I got my security clearance two and a half years after my interview (Jan 2020). Had a major surgery in February and, while I was still in hospital, got an email saying something to the effect of "Hey, send in your PARE so we can move things along". They were gracious enough to provide me with a long extension as I required considerable amount of recovery time. But, now it seems that I'll have a whole lot of steps to redo which, with the current global situation, probably won't move so quickly. Anyone else in the same boat? Check out the timeline...

It's been a while since I've been up-to-date on what's been going on on the forum and it's an awful lot to read through (and difficult to bounce around the different topics and stay on thread). I've spent an hour going through posts on a tiny screen so, if there is anyone out there that has any ideas at what I'm looking at next, anything you could tell me would be much appreciated.
wow, 4 years ... not fun

good luck ahead !

Mm14tr
Rookie Member

Postby Mm14tr » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:12 am

Anyone just get the automated email update from the cbsa? It states:

Hello,

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued interest and appreciates your understanding and patience as we navigate through this challenging time. We are doing our best as an Agency to adapt to this pandemic situation which has forced a pause on many of our testing sessions, assessments and associated travel.

While the recruitment team continues to operate, our number one focus is to ensure the health and safety of all candidates and personnel involved. We are working diligently with all parties involved to put together a realistic and safe plan for our new recruits to attend training. Again, we thank you for your patience and are sending you this message to confirm that your candidacy remains active.

As this is a rapidly evolving situation with significant developments occurring on a daily basis, we will continue to keep you informed of any changes. We ask that you kindly continue to monitor your emails closely for further correspondences.

IronWolf
Seasoned Member

Postby IronWolf » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:18 am

Mm14tr wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:12 am

Hello,

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued interest and appreciates your understanding and patience as we navigate through this challenging time. We are doing our best as an Agency to adapt to this pandemic situation which has forced a pause on many of our testing sessions, assessments and associated travel.

While the recruitment team continues to operate, our number one focus is to ensure the health and safety of all candidates and personnel involved. We are working diligently with all parties involved to put together a realistic and safe plan for our new recruits to attend training. Again, we thank you for your patience and are sending you this message to confirm that your candidacy remains active.

As this is a rapidly evolving situation with significant developments occurring on a daily basis, we will continue to keep you informed of any changes. We ask that you kindly continue to monitor your emails closely for further correspondences.
not yet, thx for sharing

kellylihomes

Postby kellylihomes » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:03 am

Mm14tr wrote:

Hello,

I got it as well. Hopefully some news good for us soon.
CBSA Applicant
Applied: Aug 2018
OTEE: Sep 2018 (passes)
Interview: December 2018 (passed)
PARE: January 2019 (passed)
Psy Evaluation: April 2019 (passed)
Security paper: May 2019
Medical: July 2019 (passed)
Security clearance: December 2019
OITP:
Rigaud:

SC_07
Rookie Member

Postby SC_07 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:04 am

Mm14tr wrote:

Hello,

Yep, got it just now!
Applied: Aug 2018
OTEE: Sept 2018 (pass)
Int.: Mar 2019 (pass)
Psych Writ. & Int. : July 2019 / Aug 2019 (pass)
SEC. Clear. Sent: Sept 2019
Medical: Nov 2019 (pass)
Integrity Interview: Nov 2019 (granted)
PARE: Sept 2020 (Renewed)
OITP:
RIGAUD:

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:23 am

Mm14tr wrote:

Hello,

No, all I got was a email to complete a alternate written exam which is scheduled this month. Not sure if this means we are one step closer or 2 steps behind. I did a small blurb in my email similar to that effect stating they do not have information when I would be entering rigaud college
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Pare- April 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

hsinom
Veteran Member

Postby hsinom » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:23 am

Last edited by hsinom on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBSA BC
Applied- Aug 2017
Interview- Sept 2018
Security Sent- Sept 2018
Psych - Oct 2018
Pare- April 2019
OITP- ?
Rigaud- ?

BoltUp

Postby BoltUp » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:24 am

Mm14tr wrote:

Hello,

I did as well.
CBSA

Applied: Sept, 2018
OTEE: Oct, 18
PARE: Nov, 18 - May, 20
Interview: Nov, 18

Psych Eval, April, 19
Security papers sent April 30, 19
Medical Eval: May 19
Integrity Interview Aug 20/19
Clearance Granted: Aug 23/19

OITP: